Stat clamping

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Solace Man, Jun 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Con Dedicated Player

A clamp isn't the only way for that to be accomplished.
    Just a better way of grouping people who are closer in CR together...
    Leagues and LFG also exist.

The opposite is also true....

Then don't group with those people...

Should you nerf them to the level that they were 8 years ago to do content? ALSO NO.
  2. The Con Dedicated Player

Another wall isn't helping your argument.

1) Nobody ever said anything about struggling with Omnibus... Once again, that's just you being a bad mind-reader.
    2)
    Changing the game for other players also kinda has that affect.... but, hey.... Myopic vision seems to be your only sight.
    3)
    This is a contrary sentence, and also open to interpretation.
    It's called "natural progress" for a reason... Being nerfed is what is being decided as "acceptable".
    4) Do you see how stupid it is trying to have a discussion with all your points in one wall of text yet?
    5)
    Replacing a false claim about the intentions of other players with another false claim... is still just a false claim.
    6)
    Lying about lies is still lies.
    Never said that the previous system wasn't broken... I just say that there are better fixes
    The other stuff.... It's called a "clamp" for a reason.
    5)
    And, that, my friend, is just a boatload of stupid. Broken mind-reading, yet again, stupid.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

That was the approach for what around 10 years, just group with people closer to CR, join a league, use LFG - none of it worked.

I used to run all those tired old arguments myself, that's the funny thing here, I used to be on your side, if in fact we consider there's sides in this debate. I saw the stupidity however in leaving the game as it was and I accepted, dealt with the rational behind the need for the clamp, embraced it making the game better and moved on to have an enjoyable experience.

You on the other hand are still stuck in a state of denial.
    • Like x 4
  4. The Con Dedicated Player

Sorry if I have higher standards.

For the record, the game being better is still being debated.

There are people on your side... just as much as there are people on my side.

Being "stuck in a state of denial" isn't a claim you should be making.... unless you're looking in a mirror.
  5. Proxystar #Perception

The reason I said you're struggling in omnibus is because it's true, if you weren't you wouldn't be taking issue with it, it is more likely than not, that your hatred for it stems from the fact you're struggling and the older content is taking you longer to complete, you're struggling to complete or obtain feats and you want it to be easier so you can farm more marks and get those feats.

You can deny that all you like, of course, that is entirely your prerogative, but it won't change the situation.

If you were finding omnibus as easy and as enjoyable as I am then you'd be entirely on my side of the fence.

You act like the game can't ever change, we get to debate whether changes are good, but remember at the end of the day the developers decide what they want. They clearly wanted a better experience for their game and so we got clamped.

I'm going to take one piece of content Con and answer a few questions with only Yes or No; The piece of content is Wonderverse Fractured God Sphere Raid.

1. Is Fractured God Sphere easier today than it was when it was released? Yes or No?
    2. Is Fractured God Sphere easier today than it was the day before it was clamped? Yes or No?
    3. Are the feats in Fractured God Sphere easier today than they were the day it was released? Yes or No?
    4. Are the feats in Fractured God Sphere easier today than they were the day before it was clamped? Yes or No?

Haha, really though who am I kidding, we all know the answers are all 'Yes' if you answer 'No' to any of those you reiterate your denial of the situation :D

You suggest I'm making a false claim about just wanting to log in and get a reward, there may be a small level of exaggeration in my statement but are you suggesting content prior to the clamp outside of relevancy that you could virtually sleep through and one shot actually posed any sort of legitimate challenge, is that truly your position?
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

I've highlighted exactly why you're in denial, because it's outlined in what you've said.

The denial is in your falsehoods, you know the ones about feats being harder or impossible, content being harder etc.

It's because you're not looking at it through the proper lense of reality.

You're looking at it like this.

"OMGerd, two days ago I could 1 shot this, you've made this harder!";

Which in that respect is true, because your starting reference was the basement

The reality though however, when looking at it from the true objective standpoint of what it really should've been is

"OMGerd this is still way easier than it was when it first came out, I can still get these feats easy as";

And in fact that last sentence is even more true of a brand new player who has absolutely no knowledge of the first sentence ever being a thing, without any reference to the prior unclamped system they don't suffer from the same distorted views you do.

The only reason you want the old system back is because you want to play your content in the basement again.
    • Like x 3
  7. The Con Dedicated Player

1) Get over yourself....
    2) One doesn't have to be a slave to think that slavery is wrong.
    3) You really are bad at this mindreading stuff.

Yourself, apparently....
  8. The Con Dedicated Player

WORST MIND READER EVER

[IMG]
  9. Proxystar #Perception

1. It's not about getting over myself, it's nothing to do with me at all, I'm simply calling you out on the lies you were spreading through your assertions of the system that simply aren't true.

You're blatantly lying about the system in an attempt to pervert opinion about "oh how bad the clamp is", You're trying to tell people that the clamp makes the game harder but you're being purposefully disingenous about the situation so as to mislead people.

What's worse is there's poor guys around here that believe things like what you're saying, unless they're called out. whereas the reality is I can still go in and smash an omnibus duo in a few minutes, if I build my character properly.

2. Slavery has nothing to do with this.

3. No one needs to mind read when they can just read what you're saying.
    • Like x 3
  10. The Con Dedicated Player

I'll repeat: Get over yourself.
    Being clamped isn't a lie.... It's being clamped.

Kinda missed the point on that one, did ya?

Seems to be on par.

And yet.... You're still horrible at it.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

The clamp isn't the part I said you were lying about, we all know we're clamped, the lie is the part where you act like its hard. (edit for sake of clarity "harder than it was at release)
  12. The Con Dedicated Player

I never said it was hard....

I say that it's annoying.

You are the liar in this scenario.

You assume that I say hard because....
    A) You're delusional
    B) You're a horrible mind reader
    C) You have to make presumptions because... whadesleyagot.
    D) All of the above

Guess the answer.

Clue: It's D.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

lie, bosses don't get stronger

lie, there is progression

lie by implication - beating up on opponents you once found hard is still a thing.

lie, the clamp doesn't matter because the content is still easier than it was when released and feats still get easier.

The part where you state you want rewards but also want to one shot, you assert here content wouldn't be dead if it still had reward, but you clearly want both, the reward and the unclamped system back to boot.

They do.

You do still get stronger, content still does get easier, you gear up, your stats still increase in omnibus, don't believe me go and look at compare, artifacts still matter, augments still matter, generator mods still matter, allies still matters. these things are all progress.

No mind reading is necessary, you say enough to draw conclusions as to your view without even worrying about what you're not saying.
    • Like x 2
  14. The Con Dedicated Player

I'm only going to respond to the first one, as it is indicative to just how stupid, and false, your argument is:

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I SAID.... THEY DON'T.

The rest is just as pathetic of an argument. (Ie, you lying, misunderstanding, or just flat out missing the point)
  15. Proxystar #Perception

The whole way you're attempting to twist and turn. The truth is you think there's no progression, that much is abundantly clear throughout the entire course of your posts.

You believe the clamp has robbed you of your progression because you think progression can be only be attained through zero clamp or that any clamp whatsoever to your progression you earned is utterly and entirely unacceptable and makes progression redundant.

Of course your entire position is built around falsehoods, exaggerations and or outright lies about the true experience.

Keep wriggling though, I'll hand you a shovel if you want to dig your hole deeper.
    • Like x 2
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Even more resorting to name calling cause you can’t have a conversation like an adult.

You can’t seem to comprehend anything anyone is saying and are just talking out your… well doesn’t matter.

Deny it all you want. Throw insults all you want. Act like a child all you want. Doesn’t change 2 important facts.

The clamp was needed
    The clamp is here to stay
    • Like x 3
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Good thing I had some time to waste on "The Con Job" before anyone got conned am I right :D :D :p
    • Like x 1
  18. The Con Dedicated Player

Was it you who accused me of just wanting an echo chamber.....

Let's just add "hypocrite" to the list of the things you are.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Oh You're back, you're back, you're back.

Hello, Hello, Hello.

Have you understood why your posts are wrong, why your posts are wrong, are wrong, yet?

Nah probably not.
    • Like x 1
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Seriously. Dudes delusional.

I’ve had more constructive conversation with my niece while talking about Disney movies.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.