Stat clamping

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Solace Man, Jun 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solace Man New Player

I just want to be one of the people to speak for us who are usually silent when it comes to forums and reddit. I have been playing dcuo since stat clamping returned, it brought my friends back and the new changes made the game so amazing in regards to accessing escrow and dlc content. Idk if this is the right area for this but basically every change made was something I and others I either personally know or have seen discuss it wanted. For example, it wasn't uncommon to see someone complaining about being unable to play content as it was intended because of someone being way over the cr requirement. No longer is that an issue. As someone who actually enjoys playing the game, I've redone the story entirely twice on two different characters just because I enjoy playing DC experiences, the various story AND challenges.

Also stat clamping made LFG actually amazing again since you can actually easily put together a group for content without worrying about wannabe CRsuperman flying pass ads and engaging the boss lol, ruining the raid.

Thank you very much for these changes DCUO, they make the game a real MMORPG again. I do hope that whatever minority is still complaining about clamping doesn't end up ruining everything for those of us who are enjoying experiencing the game as it was originally designed to function.
    • Like x 9
  2. Solace Man New Player

Btw ik some people don't like stat clamping. This is just a appreciation message.

Edit:Also, if anyone is interested in a new League message me.
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I'm glad your experience has been a positive one. truly. for me, though, personally, it killed the game. I don't do any group content that isn't endgame anymore, & even then only to clear it from me journal. don't care about the chase, anymore. don't care about op items or lousy rng or feats, anymore. I literally just play solo, dress up, & f**k around in me bases, now.
    • Like x 4
  4. KidKretz Committed Player

I always think it best to just speak for yourself, dont try to represent a group that has not elected you to speak on their behalf :)

glad you are loving the clamp!!!

i am one of those "minority", but lets be honest, unless you have polling data, you have no idea if i am the "minority" or the "majority", so its a little presumptuous of you to say imho.

again, i am truly glad you and your friends are loving the current state of the game.

my follow up question would be, has it caused you and your friends to spend real money on the game? if yes, that could be interpreted as a good business decision. if not, could mean many other things. obv u dont have to answer this question if you are not comfortable nor do i want to come across as demanding it be answered, i just think if the answer is no, its not good for the current state of the game/past changes made. and certainly i am not intended to f2p shame or spend shame either, it just comes from a place of "im interested to hear the other side"

Cheers and thanks for sharing your thoughts on the subject! I enjoy reading both sides!!!
    • Like x 3
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I feel like you missed a grand money making opportunity in posting a thread like this... Or did you? :p
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

im curious as to why you fell it killed the game
    omnibus content is super easy still nothing has really changed nothing clamped is hard outside of a handful of pieces of content that are super group reliant
    • Like x 3
  7. Irvynnge Loyal Player

largely, an over-whelming sense of oh, what's the bloody point? I'm not going to get in to a discussion on the pros & cons of the clamp, if you don't mind. we've been round & round on this so many many times, now, & it never gets us anywhere. the clamp's here, that's all there is to it. & I'm good where I am. it's just a different game for me, now. I'm not going anywhere.
    • Like x 8
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Always good to see positive reactions. I still think it’s a great time to be a new player. As an old player, I’m closer to not liking it than liking it but still far from hating it. For players like me or Irvynnge, it’s a been there done that don’t need anything else situation. We had our fun. I go back every now and then but stay out of clamped stuff 95% of playtime now. I just stick to end game also. Still a paying me ever and still not going anywhere. I’ll consider it a good thing that it helps grow players so for the most part, I’m glad it’s here despite not really partaking.
    • Like x 5
  9. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

It has killed feat hunting mostly and old elite is no longer fun as a pug q thing. I only run elite with the league and never q it by myself like I used 2. There is now instances I won't run cause of clamp dwf is top if that list. I used to be able to solo the first 2 bosses in that elite for groups now I don't q it. Another is phantom zone cause 1 I had every feat done before clamp and 2 Omnibus q that alert to much.
    • Like x 6
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

You blind queued elite??? Never blind queue elite. You’ll get stuck with…people who blind queue elite.
    • Like x 4
  11. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Strong disagree, pug queue pop on a difficult elite like clock tower or spindrift is how you know you're alive! The adrenaline fills as you wait for the loading screen to happen, you spawn, and theres 3 under-geared tanks and no healer, you begin the struggle, the group wipes on first ad, you return to HoL, plotting the demise of that very ad.

It's a powerful, albeit fleeting, high. Followed by a soul crushing lol.

In all seriousness, I blind queue all the time and that experience above is by far the most common. Sometimes you can reforge the group when people quit, that feeling is rewarding in itself, especially when you finish.
    Let me be clear, I don't blind queue for completes, I'm aware that I'll always have to throw extra work at it if I want that, but this sure beats standing around HoL doing nothing.
    • Like x 6
  12. Solace Man New Player

Not a new player, been here since the beginning basically. It's just nice to have stat clamping bring value back to the content. Of course some of the other oldheads are stuck in their ways but it was a long time coming for this change
  13. Solace Man New Player

This comment is a perfect example of why this mindsets outdated lol. So you're saying you don't enjoy content, elite level at that, because you can't solo bosses that were never meant to be soloable in the first place? Come on now lol. Silly things like this.. I'm just glad dcuo made the right choice
    • Like x 1
  14. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I did that once accidentally, it ended poorly.
    • Like x 2
  15. Solace Man New Player

I'm sure that many others are happy with clamping because I was here throughout the years of complaints about the game being ruined without it. It's not alarming for someone to speak for others in this area, especially since not everyone who likes the clamp is going to hop on the forums. Also the simple fact that there are people defending it even now supports that. Clearly there's a part of the community that not only always wanted it but is happy it arrived.

Money wise, simply put, yes. The game is actually worth playing now so money isn't a big issue anymore.
    • Like x 2
  16. Panderus Senior Producer

Making the game more accessible to players coming back or new to the game was one of the main goal with the changes and it seems to have had that effect to a fair degree. Most of those who it benefitted probably arent on the forums though. I think there is still some work to do to make it feel more rewarding and worthwhile for higher CR players and UX improvements.
    • Like x 13
  17. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

18. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Yes before clamp me and my league leader would just q elite all the time like zooe, pane , Olympus, dwfe. do I do this after clamp? No. And second why shouldn't you be able to solo a raid if you follow the mechanics? I ended up doing it since I avoided all the mechanics. not cause i ignored them and power through the raid .even before if you ignore a mechanic in elite it was a 1 shot.
    • Like x 4
  19. Solace Man New Player

That's how I feel someone with common sense would view it. Of course most of the people enjoying the changes aren't on Reddit, dcuo forums and etc. . Only reason I decided to be vocal was to throw some reassurance at the devs since I'm sure they probably still see stat clamp hate here and there
    • Like x 2
  20. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I was the same way. If I had time after dailies, I’d blind que old elites. I’ve finished all sorts of them solo. Other times, I taught a bunch of strangers how to do it. Was a good time. Even if they went down, I’d finish for them. I remember fighting all the bosses solo in zooe 2nd fight and everyone outside was the same cr as me. Elites were never “easy” pre clamp, you just had some extra stats to help you solo. But a one shot was still a one shot so it was fun. I haven’t done that since the clamp. It was a raid per day like that prior tho. I knew no matter how bad the group was, I could finish solo in a decent amount of time. Now if it’s 730, I play till 8 at the latest generally, and I’m done I’m just done.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.