Stat clamping and those against it

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saint Nutella, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Judging from the first half of this I'm going to assume you didn't read the OP. I never said players will be forced to be stat clamped. Fatal was definitely right when he posted what he did. People just overthink when they see the words "stat clamp" and refuse to understand the point of a particular thread.

Obviously I am not blind and I know what I am talking about. The fact is since this has not been implemented in the game (fact because it's the truth) you can not say that it will drive the population away as a fact. This is just your opinion. Whether you believe you have a valid/logical argument for your opinion you still cant make it a fact.
  2. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Exactly.
  3. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

There does not seem to be enough reliable data on how many ppl want stat clamping or not. Especially if you dismiss the first 4 years since 2012.

Note: Seriously, that 2012 fiasco should be voided; its so outdated information. To put it in perspective: what did your "life" look like in 2012?
  4. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

How many times must we talk about this subject? Really enough is enough. *Walks away*
  5. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Until their is a "resolution" or the servers shutdown...

Note: I haven't talked about this topic in a long time. I come back to see how this issue is doing and guess what.. the problem is still here. Still, here... sigh...
    • Like x 1
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Even if you get full Marks of Victory from running older content clamped, you're still running it for very little reward. At first it'll seem cool to some until they realize that those marks become virtually useless especially if you run current content for current rewards. Because after you get every style available all that's really left to use those marks on are Mainframe upkeep. The Devs would have to alter that yet again just to turn it into a mark sink for all of the useless marks we'd receive. At that point people would realize that they're spending a ridiculous amount of time in content that won't actually do anything to improve their toons (whether it's making them stronger or prettier [styles]). Those who claim they want the challenge of old content can already accomplish that WAY easier than insisting on code that can potentially break the game (because let's face it...every update breaks something). They can take off some pieces of gear. The truth is they want end game rewards (Ancient Coins right now) from any piece of content while running it clamped...and we ALL know that will not happen. That would take away every reason to spend on replays or to even run current content (which takes away incentive to produce newer content at a faster rate). They will NEVER purposely create conditions which will net them less income...even if they could replace the loss elsewhere (more revenue sources not less is how they operate).

So what's your counter-proposal for the eventual flood of useless/unnecessary marks??? If you don't have a suggestion for that problem, this suggestion becomes partially useless or half-baked. And if you suggest that the Devs come up with the answer...well, we all know what they do with our suggestions. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  7. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

You called someone wierd for their opinion. No? Insult
  8. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

1. All over. The vast majority of almost every player on the planet hates the mere thought of stat clamping. That's a fundamental fact based on how we as the human race think.
    2. Don't have to. You see. I actually know how people actually think. Again, it's called a fundamental understanding of humanity.
    3. Yes, an absolute, 100% certainty actually. Stat clamping will do absolutely NOTHING to solve any of the problems that lead to players not knowing their roles at end game. In fact, it will actually make the situation worse by having so few players at end game, good luck finding a group lol.
    4. While it is true the way people learn varies, people learn best when they are actually taught by someone or something in a clear, concise manner. What do you think people are going to learn exactly if there were no teachers to teach them? Most people don't learn simply by opening a book, reading, and teaching themselves. Self taught prodigies, while they do exist, aren't exactly common or the norm. They are the exception. Most people will need to be taught by someone if they want to succeed. That's simply how the human race in general works.
    5. Yes, an absolute certainty based on 7 of 8 players quitting at the bridge in FoS 2 and glitching the door on Brother Eye throughout 2011 and 2012, based on the fact that 9 out of 10 players just outright ignored Prime and spammed Gates all day long, based on Dox's difficulty causing the first major exodus this game has seen, based on the fact that after just 2 weeks the population dried up with DWF because players stopped trying, gave up, and waited a month for better gear to beat it. All this history makes it a 100% certainty that 7 or 8 players will either quit outright or simply ignore the content entirely. Seriously, how can you guys not even understand basic human nature, especially when human nature tends to do the same thing over and over and over to the point it's become predictable lol?
  9. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Nope. Because it is weird to like stat clamping when most everyone hates even the mention of it. Just recognizing the oddity.
  10. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

I believe the rewards would be more for players and their alternates.

Hey, I read players have problems leveling their alts, maybe the rewards can fix that. Ease the grind.
  11. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Yup, everything I said was a fact actually and has historically documented evidence and humanity in general to back them all up.

By the way, only reason people run the clamped seasonals is because of feats. Take the feats out and only the style junkies would be running them. People still complain about them to this day. People don't run them because they want to, no. People run them because they are COMPELLED to for the feats and styles. They're like TCs. You really think players actually like buying TCs lol? Heck, no. They just don't want to fall behind. Maybe 1 out of every 20 to 30 players, if that, finds seasonals fun. Most of us just find them tedious and boring so the whole seasonal example is weak and bogus at best. Not only that but seasonals are usually short and don't offer much hassle unless you're a low level. Try again when you can have a better argument.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

yes of course I am right.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

my point is, what do you think should be the reward.

No here's the catch the moment you start rewarding things like high end cosmetics and/or feats for example you're moving away from an 'optional' system and into a 'forced/mandatory' system.

So if this is about truly just having fun or "teaching" players even though I dispute that will happen, why can't it be done without reward?
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Marks are irrelevant with the introduction of content specific marks.
    • Like x 1
  15. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Actually, YES I CAN say it is a fact because the history of raids in this game, as well as update 47 to boot, and humanity in general make it a fact. It's not just my opinion. It IS an actual fact. Players hit a seemingly impassable wall, they're gonna quit or, at the very least, ignore the content. The history of this game proves that fact. Players think their stats will account for ****, they're going to quit en masse. Update 47's early stages prove that fact. Obviously, you clearly ARE blind and don't know what you're talking about lol.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

feel free to re-read his posts, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.
    • Like x 1
  17. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Hahahahaha WHAT????????? HAHAHAHA i cant take you serious after that first bulletin im dieing.
    • Like x 1
  18. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

In your world. I guess. Enjoy.
  19. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

K. Thanks for proving you don't have a single clue how the vast majority of people think. Good show. Moving on lol.

You don't have to take me serious. No sane person is taking you serious either lol. At least my comments are actually rational and make sense and take into account how people and players in general actually think. You want to hurt most players, and I'm striving to keep you from hurting them. I actually know what the masses want, and you only think you know what they want. Plain and simple as that.

Like I said before, how about coming back after doing some actual research into how people think. Maybe then you might have an actual logical argument.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

The real world ;)
    • Like x 1