sorcery healer in 1 on 1 lair battles-- discussion

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by HeavenSent, Feb 18, 2013.

1. HeavenSent New Player

lol at all the "feet stomping people in here"

look, ive been here since launch, i have fought at fight club with the "ettiquette" rules, no pets, no sc etc, and was still VERY successful

then, as time went on, and as the old forum posts showed, the "old timers" left the game, the newbies used everything they had in duels...

i even made a thread, in the old posts argueing FOR the "ettiqueete" and was down voted to oblivion..saying "community made up rules do not apply" and so forth, cause i was tired of following the old rules, no pets , no sc, no cola....and losing to someonw that used all of these..and that person, talking smack when they did, even though i used none of these.

the philosophy , i was told, was they qquated the devs in saying that in a duel "the devs , said ..they would anything on their load out to win"

so, with that said, i point out the old addage "when in rome" and started to do the same

in lair battles, every single person uses every single thing thye have

now, i generally (weither you beleive it or not) do NOT use my pets and trinkets UNLESS the other person uses them first.

and i can tell you, that they ALWAYS use theirs first...they call in a sidekick, i call in my henchmen..they pop a soda, i pop a soda

they hit me with orbital strike, i hit them with grand summining. so...

i will gladly duel any single one of you, using pre established "old school rules" anytime anywhere..just make sure that rules are in pace BEFORE we duel.

toon name heavensent US PS3

look forward to it !
  2. HeavenSent New Player

i have all might, all crit att chance, crit att damage=full dps spec

all crit heal, mag. resto=full healer spec

all defense, (i dont have the health) soo i guess technically , not a full tank, but the health is soo miniscule to the pvp armor health that we have , what > about 6200 ?
  3. HeavenSent New Player

EVERYONE HAS PETS ! wow, sorcery isnt the class exclusive only power set that has pets.

gadget dont use turrents ?

earth doesnt use bricks ?

youve never seen these in duels ?

creepy jacks ? and EVERYONE uses sidekick or henchmen

so, waht your saying is sorcery cant use pets but everyone else can ? and thats fair ?

oh that right, your gonna say because we can heal ourselves......

hmmm.well WERE HEALERS !!!!! duh

what, im gonna out dps a dps, uim gonna throw some control powers out ? sure, gotcha....

wow, some people
  4. YodaDog New Player

I didnt see it was you, my nurse friend, or I woulda been a bit more diplomatic perhaps... (These generic icons really throw me off.)

Still, cmon man... Dont talk [censored] to some stranger you just beat. Its just rude and immature and unnecessary. It already stings to get beaten down for 10 minutes straight in your own lair... You've already won, no need to rub it in. Plus, dont you want to encourage newer players to PvP more??... Cuz that aint the way to do that.
    • Like x 2
  5. Kroye Loyal Player

I support your right to use whatever you feel is necessary to win a lair battle.

I am curious though - what is your point of the thread? Were you feeling bad for being a Pokemon master and looking for some validation of your tactics? You probably won't find it in the Battle of the Legends forum. The folks who agree with you are likely to keep silent.
  6. HeavenSent New Player

no problem my friend, :)

i dont always talk (bleep) but if i see a troller from a GOOD pvp league lose to me, i kinda let em know....yeah, a it immature but hey, its all fun and games.....:) if there a noob and it always shows, i leave em alone. But arrogant DPS's , sheesh....i know it just irks them that i can heal MORE than they can damage me

especially when they ALL use their orbital strike on me, and i just KNOW after they hit me with a level 4 orbital strike and it truly does ABSOLUTELY NO damage to me....i imagine their faces..."oh crap" lmao

orbital strike=epic fail.

anyway, i hope all is well with you

hey, whats your toon name are you kn usps3 ? have i run anything with you ? if not lets..

my league raids mostly on thursday night 630pm pacific we do it all. so if you want a spot let me know, and were on alogt during the week doing everyithing else as well
  7. YodaDog New Player

hey, yea we ran together a couple times... but it was a lonnngg time ago. I was pretty new to the game at the time and you really helped me alot, and I never forget that kinda stuff. I'd love to run with you anytime. I run everything. Love to PvP. Check the sig, if you want. Caroll's my main. Yoda is spelled with a Zero. Dog spelled with the letter "O". You ever need a troller, healer or DPS, absolutely hit me up.

And yes, that does make it much better that you're talkin to guys from PvP leagues, IMO. I was just sayin, dont pick on the small fries... I feel bad for those guys...lulz

Cheers.
  8. HeavenSent New Player

wow. when i helped you , you were new and i was the vet ? and now u have 138 sp ? to my 127 ? holy hal bop sneakers !! either im lagging, or your just in beast mode . lol
  9. YodaDog New Player

lol.. I was in beast mode for quite awhile, this is true. Caroll has 500 challenges, 500 duos, 500 alerts, 100 toymen, fully briefed/master detective.... grindin like the the teeth of a drug-addler teenager. XD

I still grind.. but not like that.
  10. Peacemakaz Committed Player

This post is really funny, and I fail to see the point. What are you even trying to say?

Everyone who pvps knows that sorcery is the strongest 1v1 class, and even as a troll you need to be a veteren 1v1er to put up a good fight.

Healing debuffs don't do anything as the watcher is the one doing the majority of the heals.

With core strength, you hit as hard as a troll normally does.

Grand summoning is the second best 1v1 super charge(mass hysteria being the first).

Grand summoning + hencmen + watcher + jack means you can't get targeted if they ever lose their target lock.

I am not saying a sorcery healer is "OP" overall, but with all that going for you, you have to be a terrible player to lose a lair battle under normal circumstances, and even a troll would likely lose unless they came in prepared specifically to fight a sorcery healer now that there is core strength.
  11. HeavenSent New Player

for you yoda dog

i am now , sending tells to my vanquished opponets "GG"

sigh

im such a softy.

:)
  12. Cadens Dedicated Player

Lets see im... around 176-0 in 1v1 lair battles. Ive done it with each healing power set. Ive only lost 2 rounds the entire time, both due to not being able to defend myself at the start of a fight (which was fixed this last update).

Sorcery and nature are pretty darn easy to dominate with. I am currently nature and I beat on sorcery healers quite a bit. They dont have a counter to the gorilla really. Stomp out their pet over and over again and nullify the watchers healing with swarm (which will probably get toned down because I heard people are losing in PVP to nature).

Electricity takes far more skill to be successful in small scale PVP so if you'd like a challenge, try that power set.

What im basically saying is - lair battles are a cake walk, and I havent even been challenged. This is why I am 176-0. Its not necessarily me, its THEM.
  13. YodaDog New Player

lol. Telling someone gg or gf dont make you soft. Quite the opposite, in my book. Proud of you though... :)
  14. 478874 Dedicated Player

The guy claims full tank spec, which I believe he means is full health and toughness innates on top of the dps and healer innates, which calculates to more than 127sp (claimed amount), 141sp +/- in fact.

Don't feed the troll.
  15. HeavenSent New Player

lol, like i said i dont have all the health, but heres the break down for ya

two handed tree
    10 points-3 crit att, 3 crit heal
    bow
    13 points
    3 might-3 crit mag-3 def
    brawling
    10 points
    3 crit att, 3 crit healing
    dp
    13 points
    3 crit att chance, 3 resto, 3 defense
    dw
    13 points
    3 def, 3 rresto, 3 crit dmg
    hb
    10 points
    3 might, 3 crit mag
    MA
    13 points
    3 def, 3 crit att chance, 3 resto
    1 handed
    10 points
    3might, 3 crit mag
    rifle
    10 points
    3 crit attt chance, 3 crit heal
    shield
    10 ppoints
    3 preci, 3 resto
    staff
    13 points
    3 crit at chance, 3 def, 3 crit mag

1 point super sonic

=126 sp, i put an extra point in 1 health

wow,, troll ?

burn much ?
  16. HeavenSent New Player

lol, like i said i dont have all the health, but heres the break down for ya

two handed tree
    10 points-3 crit att, 3 crit heal
    bow
    13 points
    3 might-3 crit mag-3 def
    brawling
    10 points
    3 crit att, 3 crit healing
    dp
    13 points
    3 crit att chance, 3 resto, 3 defense
    dw
    13 points
    3 def, 3 rresto, 3 crit dmg
    hb
    10 points
    3 might, 3 crit mag
    MA
    13 points
    3 def, 3 crit att chance, 3 resto
    1 handed
    10 points
    3might, 3 crit mag
    rifle
    10 points
    3 crit attt chance, 3 crit heal
    shield
    10 ppoints
    3 preci, 3 resto
    staff
    13 points
    3 crit at chance, 3 def, 3 crit mag

1 point super sonic

=126 sp, i put an extra point in 1 health

wow,, troll ?

burn much ?
  17. dbtenken New Player

Actually, wouldn't it be better to get the health innates before the defense ones anyways? Seeing as how even with all the defense innates it gives you just a little over 1% damage mitigation, I think the extra health is more handy. That is until you have enough sp to get them all. In addition, tank spec would also require dominance btw.
  18. Umi New Player

I'm confused by this, too. I'm at 134 and have all heals, DPS and health, but am still missing some defense/toughness. Hmm.

Edit: Whoops, nvm. He broke it down above while I was typing, lol.
  19. Ice Lantern New Player

In long fights, the extra toughness is better than the extra health. Btw if we are talking PvP, dominance isn't really that useful for tanks (or anyone for that matter).
  20. HeavenSent New Player

not really, after the dev team revamped the pvp aror , lowering the toughness and incressing the health,...i have over 6400 health as it is....i felt the def for toughness stats would go farther,, but, on that note i WILL get all the health slots fairly soon..i could thereetically get about 3 sp if i wanted to spend about 100 mil on plans, collections, etc but at present im not willing to do so.

to add, dominace does me no good at all.