Top Bug - Fixed Solar Amplifier's Empowered Channeling at 200 is Bugged

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by AV, Sep 22, 2019.

1. AV Loyal Player

The Empowered Channeling effect from lv200 Solar Amplifier is not preventing standard control effects or interruption. Been watching it for days now and it doesn't seem to have stopped a single control effect, regardless of the source, and trash mobs are interrupting just as easily as before.

The 5% def buff is applying but the other 2/3 of the mod is not. Extremely frustrating.
    • Like x 10
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Empowered Channeling Mod is also not working:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...g-not-working-completely.304070/#post-4261450
    • Like x 5
  3. AV Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  4. Batuba Developer

Will look into this.
    • Like x 3
  5. AV Loyal Player

Thank you. Confirmed yesterday that no aspect of the interrupt/control protection is working. Mobs were able to lunge me out of any channeling effect and never resisted a CC effect.

Side note: If there's any chance you could check out the bug with Absorb Heat not cancelling, that would be sweet too. Tangentially related in that it's another important part of the same general build with Solar Amplifier that's not quite working right. Frustrating to have to swap it out for Mass Det on fights like Merc where being unable to cancel can get you instagibbed.
  6. Batuba Developer

Do you have an ability name or NPC that is interrupting your cast?
  7. AV Loyal Player

No NPC has failed to interrupt the cast via any lunge effect. Similarly, any/all CC effects are interrupting as well, afaict, regardless of source.

Before the patch, I'd recently used Empowered Channeling in a few things for the lulz and it was working fine. Couldn't be countered and effectively CC immune. Now it's like it's not there, from an interruption standpoint.

Edit: Since it may be relevant, I can confirm I am not using the Empowered Channeling mod in addition to the artifiact and that my Solar Amplifier is definitely at 200. Also, the mod itself appears to be having the same bug w/o the Solar Amplifier.
    • Like x 1
  8. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

This can successfully be reproduced 100% of the time. It leaves the range counter window open when casting.
    • Like x 2
  9. Batuba Developer

We've been able to repro the bug on our end. We are currently working on identifying and resolving the bug.
    • Like x 4
  10. AV Loyal Player

Thank you.

Something else worth mentioning is that the slightest nudge to your character still knocks you out of most channeling. Hoping this can be addressed too, since getting dry humped out of your modded attack by, for example, an Eye of Gemini or a slowly rolling ball of ice is pretty lame.
    • Like x 2
  11. Wendigone New Player

The hand mod does not seem to be working anymore...at all.
    I have three different powers on the list and they all seem to get interrupted now left and right.

I know that the level 200 power of the solar amplifier gives the same benefit... but right now the hand mod doesn't seem to be working in any way. What happened???
    • Like x 3
  12. Batuba Developer

After further investigation into this, this is what we've found.

Channeling Mod and Rank 200 Solar Amplifier are working. Channeled abilities are not being interrupted during the channel time with either of these equipped.

HOWEVER, if an interrupt attack is launched from enemy right before your channel ends and that enemy attack lands after channel ends, it will knock the player down. It's an extremely narrow window and I'm currently working on a fix for it internally which will likely go out with the next hotfix patch.

If you are seeing behavior that is not similar to what I've mentioned above, please describe what ability you used and if you have recording capability, a video would help a lot.

Thank you!
    • Like x 3
  13. AV Loyal Player

Ack. Will monitor tonight. Will the mod effect be extended slightly to match the counter vulnerability window to compensate?

Any word on it not stopping a lot of control effects though? Seems that any control effect that nudges, pushes, or pulls the character in the slightest still completely shuts channeling down for most powers, and that can happen at any time during the cast. Based on the description, it feels like we should be immune to these as they're basic effects. Ironically, heat vision itself is the most susceptible to this in that if there is any movement whatsoever for any reason during the cast, it cancels. It cancels if you get jostled a pixel by a rolling bouncy ball. It gets canceled if you jump then cast it in air before you land. Etc. Feels like this is relevant to this Empowered Channeling bug as the mod should prevent external effects from moving you.
  14. Magnificent Loyal Player

I have Solar Amplifier at level 166 but also have the Empowered Channeling mod on my gloves. I've had this setup for well before Metal dropped. Tonight I got lunged by a Metal Minotaur Warrior in Metal Gotham while using both my Heat Vision as well as Absorb Heat (my mainframe boosts were just paid and my generators/rent are at 52%) and this was in the middle of the timer (one lunged right as I fired off one of the powers, then did some sort of upward swing, that's what broke my channeling and knocked me down). This didn't happen all the time.

When it happened right at the beginning of the power use, I wasn't knocked down it just stopped the power from being used (and the cooldown went on as normal). One time in particular the Mino was using DW and did the little throw animation where he kneels forward and throws the weapons so that they circle around behind me at the same time.
    • Like x 2
  15. AV Loyal Player

Sounds like that's the control effect side of things, as the uppercut is a knockup and the throw is a knockback. We should be immune to that kind of stuff while casting, according to the description.
    • Like x 2
  16. Magnificent Loyal Player

I remember it having that sort of impact if a hit contained a component to knock you out of your movement mode, but I don't think this is that because prior to the Update/DLC the only time I experienced that was in a raid or alert (never in the open world).
    • Like x 1
  17. AV Loyal Player

Yeah I couldn't get that issue to replicate last night but I was still getting jostled out channelling by physics even w blues on from casting. Was also clearly seeing what Batuba's referring to in regards to our cast ending but us being left vulnerable to counter for a moment as well.
  18. Wendigone New Player

As a munitions toon this is a HUGE problem because most of my powerset are channeled abilities.
    Do we have an ETA on the fix?
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

If anyone has a video to share, that could really help us out.
    • Like x 1
  20. AV Loyal Player

I'll record my dailies today and try to let the mobs survive enough to get physics off. Did Batuba's changes go live with the nightly reset?
    • Like x 2