Top Bug - Fixed Solar Amplifier's Empowered Channeling at 200 is Bugged

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by AV, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Wendigone New Player

Yes. Metal, older content, duels, everything.
    As a munitions toon this bad because a lot of the powers are channeled.
  2. Wendigone New Player

I see it, by the way, in both PvE and duels... I don't actually PvP with this toon.
    The most common place to notice it because it happens more often, is duels... the "shield" icon showing that the protection is there pops up but I'm knocked down nearly every time. This only started with the new update.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Just to confirm, you are seeing this after the 10/1 hotfix?

Can you tell me which abilities your are channeling, and if there is any pattern to what is knocking you down?

Also, the artifact is not expected to work in duels or pvp.
    • Like x 1
  4. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

What's about in pve? Before this update, you weren't vulnerable at all during a channel, and an npc using an interrupt would not gain counter immunity if the player was using empowered channeling.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Can you tell me which abilities your are channeling, and if there is any pattern to what is knocking you down?
  6. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

No issue in terms of being knocked down. Previously, enemies that could gain counter immunity would not gain it through using an interrupt on a player with empowered channeling active. Now they do.
    • Like x 1
  7. Wendigone New Player

The ones that I've noticed it on are:
    1. Chain Gun
    2. Railguns
    3. Enhanced Heat Vision

All are on the protected list from the hand mod.
  8. AV Loyal Player

That actually is a big deal, especially since some powers like Absorb Heat have Tank role interactions.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We found a deeper bug with channeling itself that may clear up some of the inconsistencies here.
    • Like x 2
  10. AV Loyal Player

I intend to make a thread for this eventually but I'll mention it here in case it's related or helpful while you guys are in there: Absorb Heat often refuses to cancel. The probability of this bug occurring, in order of likelihood, seems to result from:

1. the player clipping weapon attacks (or really doing anything quickly) in between power or immediately before casting;
    2. pressing any other power/attack input while Absorb Heat is casting;
    3. Being struck by an enemy;
    4. Jumping during the cast;
    5. Starting the cast stationary then having moved, or starting the cast while moving then becoming stationary;
    6. Being affected by beneficial/detrimental status effects during cast or having status effects active upon initiating cast; and
    7. There is still a chance for it to happen even if none of the above applies.

Definitely a bug, as the power is supposed to be cancelable via blocking at any time during the cast, it sometimes just doesn't work. Makes it an extreme liability in fights where we have to block on a moment's notice, (Throne E vs Sea Beast; CoTe vs Murk; SGe vs Tala meatballs; FIe vs Harpies, Phoenix, Forge, and Merciless; and MoMe vs Merciless and, to a lesser extent, Freeze & Ivy), often mandating we swap it out for Mass Det so we can cancel casts more reliably. It also makes it virtually unusable as Tank, even with Empowered Channeling, which is unfortunate because with Empowered Channeling + the Tank role interaction it has it would be one of our best powers for active tanking single targets and self-healing.

Please let me know if this ends up being related to the deeper issue you discovered and I'll refrain from making a thread specific to this issue. Have been holding off to do a proper video that includes on-screen visualization of my inputs to show how much worse it is during active play vs just casting it then pressing nothing but block.

Note: This has been an issue for as long as I can remember.
    • Like x 1
  11. Batuba Developer

Submitting a fix for some issues associated with Empowered Channeling Mod and enemies attempting to interrupt you while channeling. Hopefully it should resolve some of the issues being reported in this thread.
    • Like x 2
  12. AV Loyal Player

Did yesterday's fix get reverted in the meantime? My powers are getting canceled at the very start again.
    • Like x 2
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No updates were made, no.
  14. AV Loyal Player

Weird. Went back to being the same as the video I posted where being attacked at the very beginning would just turn the cast off and start the cool down.
    • Like x 1
  15. AV Loyal Player

Update on my last: that may have been due to server lag. The next day was mostly fine with only a few instances of it occurring. Regardless, it's continued to be much better than before the fix got pushed through
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Today's hotfix should have fixed or at least improved this issue. Please let us know what you see today.
    • Like x 1
  17. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

Working just fine in my experience so far.
    • Like x 3
  18. AV Loyal Player

As far as the pre-cast interrupt/cancel goes, it varies from day to day. I suspect it's a server reset thing. Where it used to happen constantly though it's happening much less. Overall, it feels pretty damn good now. I didn't assess the mobs getting blues issue.

The grounding cancellation issue is still there so I'm guessing that's only tangentially related, like the Absorb Heat issue. Hoping they can get addressed too :3
  19. AV Loyal Player

Possibly minor point: the +5% defense/toughness during cast isn't appearing in the active effects menu. It looks like it's still applying if I check my actual stats though so not sure if that's worth your time to address.

In the last few days the "get interrupted before you even start casting and power goes on cd" issue has been more prevalent so I'm confident it's purely server-related, since with this being 2x marks and ppl spamming tf out of content it's working a bit harder.