SOE Services Downtime 05/08/2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Insert a "roughly" and I agree ;) No really, some of the recent additions were basically nice, but could have been done a lil better upfront. I hope they stay in the 6 hour time frame.
    • Like x 1
  2. Nightwulfe New Player

@the five...... Because EU always gets the crappy end of the stick, We lost out with the membership, and we lose out with down times....
  3. GodofSorcery New Player

Ehh ill still be asleep so I ain't triping
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All servers are now online.
    • Like x 6
  5. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I wouldn't mind some form of compensation for the servers going down for so long. The regular restart is one thing but 8 hours is a decent chunk. I know you guys have updates to perform but there are people who pay for the game on a monthly basis.
    • Like x 1
  6. KelvmorLyonsbane New Player

This post was so misleading when I first read it. I was like, 1:30 AM + 6 hours =/= 10:30! And then I realized you forgot the EDT tag on it XD
  7. Awesome Barney Well-Known Player

Yes, from 11:00 am till 17:00 here in europe :( Could'nt log in all day long.. and i don't know how you poeple in de US live, but the most of us here in europe don't try to sleep al day long!
  8. Pythonissa New Player

Thanks so much! C:
  9. Awesome Barney Well-Known Player

It's not because you have your day of, it's because they use abnormal much maintenance windows and downtime. You're not unlucky, they just can't hold a game longer then a week up i think.
  10. Jamie New Player

There's one game that I play that every time the game goes down we get some sort of compensation. It's a decent system. Essentially what they do is give everyone a prize box. To put the prizes in DCUO terms could be as little as a few vault tickets to as much as 10 MoF. Most people would end up with a few scanners or an aura. It would cost SOE almost nothing to do but would help people feel that SOE actually cares about it's player base.
    • Like x 1
  11. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Funny because I've noticed more lag, most of which in open world.
    • Like x 1
  12. DarthDiggler New Player

Speaking of loyalty have you noticed you seem to get your Loyalty Points later and later in the month? If they keep moving it technically you'd only get Loyalty Points 11 times a year and not 12.

You won't get partial refunds, check your terms and conditions, SOE doesn't provide their subscriber base with a Enterprise level agreement that has guaranteed up time. Rountine maintenence is covered in the T&Cs. Also I am much happier with maintenance in the wee hours of the morning rather than prime time.
    • Like x 1
  13. luckyladylo New Player

If they did this the last time I suspect they will again:
    · DC Universe™ Online – 50 Replay Badges will be granted to all DCUO players who logged in between 12:01am April 24 - 11:59pm April 30, 2014. The grant will occur after DCUO's regular 4:00am PDT downtime on Friday, May 2, 2014.
    · Dragon’s Prophet – Douple XP from Friday, May 2, 12:01am to Monday, May 5, 11:59pm
    · EverQuest® – Double XP from Friday, May 2, 12:00 noon PDT to Sunday, May 4th, 11:59pm PDT
    · EverQuest II – Double XPfrom Friday, May 2, 12:00 noon PDT to Sunday, May 4th, 11:59pm PDT
    · Landmark – Adding 7 additional days to any 7-day Closed Beta keys that were active during the downtime. This will be applied on Friday, May 2, 12:00 noon PDT
    · PlanetSide 2 – Double XP from Friday, May 2, 12:01am PDT to Sunday, May 4, 11:59pm PDT

However, now I have to wait even longer since the error I got was odd and there was nothing posted yet. Thinking it would help...I removed the game from my computer and have to reinstall it lol So to that end people suck it up at least you didn't go that far.
  14. Z3R0E5 New Player

Probably should have read this before trying to re-install.... F**k.
  15. MeteorRizzy New Player

im only allowed to play in the mornings now because i work at night, so i didnt get to play at all today =(
  16. Ava1Spade New Player

An interruption of services paid for should result in an extension of services paid for, regardless of fault (if any), unless the fault of the purchaser. (Such as by moving addresses and not notifying the purchasee, not providing for their own ISP which is specifically on purchasees in such agreements and not the fault of anyone else, or an act of god - which is defined as an event reasonably considered to be out of control, whether direct or indirect, of human influence.)
    • Like x 1
  17. Mindflaye New Player

i for one am not complaining about down time if it is going to help the game .. seriously things have to have downtime to get fixed..o_O
  18. ErnieB Loyal Player

well in all fairness, I said some, not all.
  19. Pureshadow New Player

huh if the raids just reset, then u have a whole week to do them. why does anyone care what you do, i could go to the bathroom during that time, but why talk about it? if they have to update the the servers, then they do it. they're not going hold are hand and be like ohh what time are you guys free. that's not how the real worlds works.
  20. Forced Penance New Player

i felt your pain
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.