SOE Services Downtime 05/08/2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXS0EXx Committed Player

is this really gonna fix lag issues with the servers?
    • Like x 1
  2. Autopsyrotica Well-Known Player

I too would like to know if this is indeed the case, if so it's a welcome addition and much needed!
    • Like x 1
  3. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

Guys, I am not an employee nor a developer. It was tongue in cheek.
  4. Lady Fayte New Player

I cannot help but find humor in the fact that the people complaining about the downtime are the kind of people who simply refuse to be pleased unless they come out ahead in the situation. Personally I am going to use that time to get some chores done or work on my site.

I am glad to see some work being done to the network infrastructure. I hope it all goes smoothly as I know it can be a pain in the neck to track down issues at times.
    • Like x 1
  5. Voryannos New Player

20 cents a day? the server was down for two days this month you want 40 cents roughly for a refund they gave us early access to the DLC and weapon mastery and gave us replay badges learn to be grateful and stop ******** about the 40 cents you lost.
  6. Terrible Theo Well-Known Player

QFT. They are very insensitive with when they do these.

And they almost always last WAY longer than expected. Something always seem to go wrong....

I remember when they always had sales to make up for things like this or for Holidays. When was the last time they did double or triple SC? Perhaps DCUO is losing favor with SOE.....
  7. Terrible Theo Well-Known Player

Excuse me. Why should I be grateful about something I pay for? It's not like they are giving me DLCs and WM out of the goodness of their hearts. I pay for this with my money. So I expect a certain level of service.

This isn't a charity. I am talking cold hard cash business.
  8. Physique Dedicated Player

Okay, I'm going to put this here for all of those who think that SOE actually owes you anything as a subscriber:

"You understand that online games, and system specifications necessary to play those games, may continuously evolve over time. Accordingly, SOE reserves the right to modify and/or increase the system specifications necessary to play any game - whether free or subscription based - at any time and without notice, provided that if such modifications give rise to any increase in the fees payable to play any applicable game, to the extent required by applicable laws, SOE will provide you with notice of such price increase in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. In such case, you and not SOE shall be responsible for purchasing any necessary additional software and/or hardware in order to access and play those games.

You also acknowledge and agree that SOE and its Third Party Providers do not ensure continuous or error-free access or availability of any game content, feature, game-play, service or server and may change, modify, disable, suspend or remove any such content, feature, game-play, service or server in their sole discretion."

Section V, SOE Terms of Service: Fee Based Games

Yes, the above is wordy but I underlined and italicized the important parts. By clicking the "agree" button during the installation process, you've agreed to everything that has happened so far. If the developers are empowered enough to feel the need to give us something for being patient, that's up to them entirely but not necessarily something they're mandated to do. Futhermore, the majority of issue I've seen with the downtime surrounding this game has been more because of the migration of data to the new account system which the publisher had been talking about for months before it finally happened. Yes, it is annoying when you cannot play but it beats the alternative of the publisher killing the game outright or pulling it completely off platform (which, according to the wording of the ToS, they could do).
    • Like x 4
  9. Certainlogic New Player

I say take more time, if it reduces lag. PvP lag is annoying as hell. You can't tell if someone is hacking or if it's lag. Like when people block for a fraction of a sec. Just long enough to block you and short enough to not be block broken.
  10. Autopsyrotica Well-Known Player

I would love to see the lag issue addressed ,that is a given. now with that being said however, if it takes awhile to do so than people should be grateful that it is getting addressed instead of complaining. I am mildly entertained by everyone that complains about others complaining though. good job everyone.
  11. vladimir0987654 New Player

uffff again??? its frustrating.... ,but keep up the good work DCUO team!!
  12. Piper New Player

Actually, thats a load of crap. i took those steps weeks ago and still get the error and crash.
    • Like x 1
  13. OnceUponATime Dedicated Player

Worth checking that they stuck since I've known a few for whom they didn't.

Anyway the error usually indicates a problem with a proxy, and that fix represents the most common cause for it. Anything else you are using that uses a proxy (VPN software or some security stuff uses transparent proxies so you may not be totally aware of it) can cause it as well as a couple of other things.

Incidentally, there's also a tech support subforum and a whole ticket based support system that can help you. It shouldn't take weeks to resolve a socket error. Obviously also if your error number was different, or if you had a different problem altogether (you wouldn't be the first to complain that a fix for one problem didn't fix an entirely unrelated other problem) then the solution given previously would be very unlikely to have the slightest effect on your crashing issue.
  14. Lantern Neuro New Player

...and Gilligan and the Skipper are only going on a three hour tour. lol
  15. Yui Loyal Player

Good thing I just started watching Arrow and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. today. I'll have something to entertain me during the downtime :p
  16. AlyceKrow New Player

omg if this means less lag then I don't care how long it takes ^^
  17. Hatesolstice New Player

They're performing hardware change-outs so their services can remain more stable in the future. This is hardly the same thing as a patch going live and requiring more time to iron out bugs.
  18. Octantis New Player

You could, you know, not pay.

But seriously, it's a 6 hour downtime shortly after midnight. Unless you're an EU guy like me, then this shouldn't affect you at all.

I also believe you have some misconceptions about what you agreed to in the terms of services:

"You understand that online games, and system specifications necessary to play those games, may continuously evolve over time. Accordingly, SOE reserves the right to modify and/or increase the system specifications necessary to play any game - whether free or subscription based - at any time and without notice, provided that if such modifications give rise to any increase in the fees payable to play any applicable game, to the extent required by applicable laws, SOE will provide you with notice of such price increase in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. In such case, you and not SOE shall be responsible for purchasing any necessary additional software and/or hardware in order to access and play those games.

You also acknowledge and agree that SOE and its Third Party Providers do not ensure continuous or error-free access or availability of any game content, feature, game-play, service or server and may change, modify, disable, suspend or remove any such content, feature, game-play, service or server in their sole discretion."

Didn't read that part, did you?
  19. the five New Player

Why u cant do mainterance in eu servers with eu time? 11-5pm its really bad time...
  20. Black Eon New Player

Sigh. This foolishness again. To those of you who are angry about this downtime, if Sony didn't value your loyalty, they wouldn't go through so much trouble (and take complaints!) to take the time to fix problems and make their games better. I admit I haven't always been online here, but the changes since Amazon's Fury came out have convinced me to stay as a regular. I won't pretend to like a six hour downtime, but we're not the only players affected and I have confidence in Sony's people.
    They've shown me by their results that they know what they're doing, and frankly we all have things in our lives that need tending. What I'm asking is that you to take the time back that you have now and make good use of it. That's what I intend to do.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.