SOE Services Downtime 05/08/2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Attention players: we will be performing maintenance to upgrade our network infrastructure beginning at 1:30 AM PDT* on Thursday, May 8, 2014. The downtime for this maintenance will last approximately 8 hours. This will impact the following SOE services:
    • All SOE games
    • All official forums
    • Account management
    • Commerce functions, including purchases
    Thank you for your patience!

*Convert to your local time
    • Like x 2
  2. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

Will this improve anything on our end?
    • Like x 4
  3. ErnieB Loyal Player

i think since it says network infrastructure I believe I'll fix some of the ever increasing lag.
  4. Pythonissa New Player

What about Error 11001?
    • Like x 2
  5. OnceUponATime Dedicated Player

From the help files:
    • Like x 3
  6. Terrible Theo Well-Known Player

That's a lot of server downtime and marketplace downtime this month...

I am starting to wonder if our loyalty means the world you guys....

Perhaps soe should issue partial refunds for our subs....
    • Like x 2
  7. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Or.... You could try getting some sleep. Did you happen to see when the upgrade would be?
    • Like x 6
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Oh lord please no...... last time he told me how awesome things were the game went down and was off line for 20 hours! LOL

I am curious as to the timing. So 1:30PM PDT = 4:30 EDT and means the game will be down until 10:30PM EDT..... You just shut off the game for maintenance just as the entire East Coast is getting home from work and say it may stay down until almost 11PM ... when a number of people here are logging off to head to bed because they work or have school the next morning. I can almost here the QQing and demands for retribution because "They pay their subs to be able to PLAY this game!"

Do whatever it takes to make things better but maybe next time start things at day 9 AM PDT and even if it takes a full 6 hours the East Coast has game back by 6PM .
    • Like x 1
  9. Terrible Theo Well-Known Player

I don't know if you've heard of this thing called time zones....
    • Like x 3
  10. Dock8 New Player

Crickey. Do you know how much you would be credited even if you subscribe for the maximum of $15 per month and you were credited for a full day for each instance they took the services offline?
  11. Terrible Theo Well-Known Player

$0.50 I can spend on a day of a working game instead?
  12. Korlick Loyal Player

It says 1:30 AM, not PM.
  13. Ice Lantern New Player

You guys really like messing with people's raid days.
    • Like x 4
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It's AM, not PM.
    • Like x 6
  15. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Please read thoroughly

The update is starting at 1:30 AM as stated in Mepps' earlier post. With down time being 6 hours that means the update should be done around 10:30 AM. Don't worry man, it will be up when you get home.
    • Like x 2
  16. Suliman New Player

Maybe some more replay badges? Please?
    • Like x 2
  17. Terrible Theo Well-Known Player

How about bring back the good old triple sc sale eh?
  18. fRuiTy New Player

So no one noticed that they are taking servers down 30 min. after the weekly raid reset. Great, that means that I'm going to have to find something else to do for my reset raids (League Of Legends, Elder Scrolls, Smite, Diablo 3... etc. I'm sure I can play something else). Apparantly, customer loyalty is getting harder to come by these days... I wonder why?
    • Like x 2
  19. GloriousBattle New Player

of course its my day off......why does this always happen on them, hopefully its not another 16hrs insted of"6"
    • Like x 2
  20. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

Hey guys no worries. It won't be up until 10:30 am Eastern Time so grab a cup of Joe and eat a relaxing breakfast. Kiss your girlfriend/wife a little more and everything will be fixed. No lagging, No losing marks, No DC's, etc...

If your a teenager not in school or college student then sleep in and get some rest.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.