So what really made this game less enjoyable?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Dec 29, 2019.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Wanna see a dead body?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

3. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Lol, yo.
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

*puts Babel fish in ear to translate*

• Like x 1
  5. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Bombshells has more than 100 issues and is one of DCs most successful series of all-time. Batman-Who-Laughs is among DCs most popular characters, and is by far the most popular of their newer ones.

Episodes like Riddled with Crime have been terrible sellers. There are just way more heroes than villains.

Voice actors move on, like Mark Hamill is a little busy these days...
    • Like x 3
  6. Wildcat Committed Player

Episodes like Atlantis or JL Dark was great - we need more like those
    metal or bombshel maybe a cool as a comics - for some people- but for most of the player base .. just meh

riddled with crime was meh - all content was already in game and boring
    we need a reverse flash - (to see orginal batgirl in past or batman beyond in the future)

or joker or even circe or amazo themed episode - with new - not old content.

or an orginal dc heroes episode like public enemies or flashpoint paradox, birds of prey, batgirl, etc.
    • Like x 2
  7. inferno Loyal Player

What made this game less enjoyable for me?
    -Players who sit around doing nothing after they queued.
    -Players who start blaming other players instead of working to figure out why the group keeps failing.
    -Gold spammers.
    -Players that cheat and destroy the economy because they can't think past their greed.
    -Players that act it's ok and funny to be racist, bigoted and foul-mouthed to be noticed.
    -Old players that I've made friends with and enjoyed playing with but have moved on to other games.
    -Players who enter a raid or alert at minimum cr, without any mods or bare artifacts. Please respect other players' work of gearing their toons and WORK your way up to those raids. Just because you can enter an instance doesn't mean you should burden the other people in the group.
    -Players who determinedly sabotage a feat run or a run just because they're mean-spirited.
    -Players who spawn mail bots to block teleporters or mission-givers just because they like attention.
    • Like x 5
  8. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I agree with this by the fold.
  9. Miss Adora Loyal Player

what we really need episodes where heroes has to be villains, far too long villains are being treated like heroes, it's time to reverse that.
    • Like x 2
  10. BƖack Dedicated Player

Bad pvp state & that it isn't developed anymore
    Toxicity between players & scammers
    Gold sellers
    • Like x 1
  11. Ascended Well-Known Player

Agreed. The game itself has plenty of problems, and we've got a billion threads complaining about those issues. But I feel like MMO's live and die by their community just as much as the content of the game itself. And in recent years the community....well, it's not what it used to be. I pop into the Watchtower and chat is full of these.....children......arguing over.....nothing. And it bleeds into pugs too. I barely even run group content anymore. Even if the run itself goes fine and everyone pulls their weight, it's just not worth listening to people name call each other and blame anyone but themselves if things go a little sideways. My SP has suffered for it, but.....just not worth the hassle. I feel like I'm more likely to get the black neon chroma than a pug group that gets along and does the instance without snapping at each other.
    • Like x 1
  12. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Definitely.
  13. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I think a few actual loyal players have recently expressed their frustration with the direction the game is currently headed or should I say "already in."
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

"Entering and exiting stealth is handled on the server where having lag will impact when it registers. Changing that would be a significant endeavor impacting code game-wide, so we do not expect to be able to address this issue."
  15. Irvynnge Loyal Player

way before that, with me, as far as collections go. the moment they started selling collections at vendors was the killer, for me.
    • Like x 1
  16. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Sadly there is more truth to this than I'd like to admit. Everything you say here is completely true....

BUT there are also a great many very nice, considerate team players as well. I think we sometimes let the idiots who populate the game make us forget that.
  17. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

when you stated that it should be "searched for" what exactly did you mean? Just wondering.
  18. Sonic_Mobian New Player

From Experience when I played Villians on City of Heroes, Villians has never been as populated everyone is strongly Hero side. I can understand Villains don't get the spotlight much and only Heroes shine. When Cryptic Studios the makers of Champions Online launch that game everyone was forced as Heroes so it's not one sided though that did not stop the mobs for not liking the idea of not having a villain side but even if they did added it, Everyone will just go Hero still as its more appealing than being the big bad guy.

Though I am one of the minorities that plays Villains I know if I add 1 more number for the Red Team It make it 1% more likely to be grouped up with other villains.

But yea I can understand it sucks to find other villains for grouping we don't get much people who wants to be the bad guy but only a Defender of Justice.
  19. SekretVillain Loyal Player

So like a collection in open world that you need to turn a cog on?
  20. Kal~el Committed Player

I g
    I agree for most of your post. I did not buy and then sub like you did. I started playing at FTP and at that time there was always people on to run content. Not like it is now. Go to Thanagar. Barely anyone there and that content just came out. It was the same way when Metal 1 came out. Hardly anyone there but it picked up. Not so with Metal 2. It has actually gotten worse since it launched.

Just the other morning I queued for EVERY Duo, Alert, and Raid and nothing popped for 5 minutes. I know that it not a long time by what you have expressed, however, you would think that it would not take that long for the current content to pop let alone any of the other content. Except...

It wasn't the new content that popped for me. It was the Pub Crawl duo from JLD. I played the instance and logged out. Frustrated. I have a main for both hero and villain. On my villain after completing all the open world but the Nth Golem, I stood in that area looking and shouting in LFG for anyone running it. Nothing. Wasted around 20 minutes (my fault I know) hoping and waiting.

Population has fallen drastically in the last year, but to your point this game has had many issues and improvements over the years.