So what really made this game less enjoyable?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Dec 29, 2019.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

*reads through thread*

*checks calendar and Wikipedia*

So, what, this is a delayed Festivus celebration and this is the Airing of Grievances?
    • Like x 5
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

god bless us everyone.
    • Like x 1
  3. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

Time has a way of killing things but when it comes to dcuo it was the direction the game took, There was a time I actually cut school and neglected people to play dcuo but now I'm at a point where I forum stalk or log in once every 3 or 4 months to see the people who still hang on to dcuo and link up.
    Micro transactions aren't something I dislike when I can buy direct. But when you dangle an item in my face, tell me its only here for x amount of time and goes away, but when I try and obtain said item I don't get what I want because the mighty wall of rng didn't like me that day you lose me and other like minded individuals. I even see people say buying hundreds of these loot boxes is supporting the game.

Dcuo has become a fashion show with people wanting more and more styles to have a chance at obtaining and not buying direct.

Pvp is a mess and a stain on this game. Pvp was never perfect but at least we didn't have to wait 2 funky years to get things fixed after repeated threads of no dev response. Whats a kick in the face is being told how pvp'er don't agree with each other, or how fixing doesn't mean they would see a return profit from fixing it.....by a dev, so much to say about pvp but in reality I need to go on and give it up like they did. I already deleted dc off my ps4 for 5 months, and only reinstalled to see a friend who threatened me lol.

the community is what was the last straw for me, from people feeding into fotm powers in pvp, rifle spam, forum users telling me its because we don't encourage the devs enough. People kicking and screaming about the brokerhaving ungodly prices when....... wait for it.........You...... don't....... have....... to buy the overpriced item. If the person selling for a bil cant sell his item gg. They can either try again or go lower...... But that would require thinking. Or people asking for pvp marks to be on the marketplace. I see stuff like that and realize dcuo just isn't for me anymore. Some other games can haves me moneys
  4. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

You're not living in reality mate. I didn't come at you with attitude, you just got triggered because you like to give your opinion on others but react like a child when anyone dares to challenge you when you make incorrect statements. Just like the last time you are terrible at actually articulating your argument with any sort of clarity and utterly useless at understanding what other people are saying. I think you got too comfortable coming into a thread, making some cheesey one-line comment or stating the obvious but never actually having a conversation (oh, that thread is against ToS, oh thank you Lorax I what would I have done without your informative statement:rolleyes:)

Unlike Zneeek your worth chatting to just for the sheer joy I will now obtain from winding you up, cheers!
    • Like x 2
  5. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

the beggars ,the greedy players who are selling the normal styles in the brokers in a goddamm prices,the prices of pvp marks to buy the pvp gear 100 and 101,the speedhackers ,the bad drop sistem i spent 6 months to complete the aminate colection which can give you the base bank,the limit of messages to chat from the f2p,the limit of money and the lack of option to trade from the free to play and the idiots who are invite others to join to a league or voice channel or groups with out ask to that person
  6. BSEison Well-Known Player

This is a great idea that will unfortunately not happen.
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

To be fair star wars jedi fallen order has no micro transactions, hell it dont even have a MP. Everything is earned in game. If your looking for a micro transaction free game to play that's a breath of fresh air I suggest trying that game. I've been playing it since the 24th and still dont have everything, each world is 88%, 94%, and the other 3 worlds are 96%. The world with 88% is only because of the chest count is at 30/43 and the map is a pain to navigate. But again I'm hella picky on how the map looks. But the game itself was and is fun.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I didn't come here to have a conversation, an argument, a deliberation, a parlay, or anything of the sort with you. You saw me and wanted to carry on getting on my nerves. You succeeded, congratulations. It's a day later and you're still replying to me off topic. Either get stuffed or get a cat.

And to answer the topic of the thread: So what really made this game less enjoyable? Bing bang boom, self righteous tests like you.
    • Like x 1
  9. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

The game went Downhill the very second the games Dev listened to people and separated PvP from PVP a large amount of players in the pvp community already did PvE only for Objects that helped in PvP like the PvE trinkets ect when they removed the trinkets and more from PvP it started going downhill adding the blue immunity next followed by AMs speeded it up and they never got back on track.
  10. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

The game went Downhill the very second the games Dev listened to people and separated PvP from PVP a large amount of players in the pvp community already did PvE only for Objects that helped in PvP like the PvE trinkets ect when they removed the trinkets and more from PvP it started going downhill adding the blue immunity next followed by AMs speeded it up and they never got back on track. On top of that from my stand point the people who have control of the game seem to care very little of the game, killing FNL lack of interaction and I mean basic interaction with the player base. It’s pretty crappy a dev can’t be bother to hop on the game and interact that stuff gets people hype and make then feel like the games alive.
  11. BSEison Well-Known Player

You begin this game alone with a character you created in either the mold of a hero or villain. As you progress in the game, learning the mechanics and your powers as you go, you are developing your characters style and persona and earning a place in the larger hero or villain world of the game. And if you play true to the games story path and don't peak ahead to whatever end game content is available, you are playing a very different game depending on which side you choose.

Then you finally hit level 30 and are accepted into the big leagues of either the JLA or the Society and for me, from a story and solo gaming experience, it is mostly all downhill from there. After the first few content tier levels you will rarely be able to tell any difference between what a hero character is asked to do than a villain. And the solo experience is mostly over from a story standpoint as you will need to play duos, alerts and raids to complete anything from seasonal activities to main story quests.

I have created a bunch of characters to try out the different mentor paths and powers in the pre level 30 parts of the game and then just deleted them because I knew I wasn't going to enjoy using them in the rest of the game. A lot of the content past the first few tiers is inventive and fun to play, but most of it lacks any character development it is all just about leveling up for the next mission. If you are a hero you will still just be an errand boy for JLA, there is never any higher level to obtain than just getting your membership card. If you are a villain you will just keep getting missions from Calculator that you'll both complain are just helping the heroes but you'll still do the exact same stuff they do for the same loot.

The game has a lot of story once you pass level 30, but beyond cosmetics, your character doesn't. I have played mostly as villains on the game, so I am sure my dis-satisfaction with the framing of the game's story missions is based on that. Maybe most players and particularly heroes don't feel the same. But to me, the difference between the beginning of the game and the current model for new and endgame content is the biggest reason the game less enjoyable the more I play it.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Lost me at Star Wars, never been a fan. Thank you though for the suggestion.
  13. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

The whole pay to skip CR was a terrible idea as well. I personally think that is one of the reasons why most people don't see people in older content. Why run content for gear when the gear you obtain from the $40 premium is far better? On top of that, new players that no nothing about feats are given free feats with the bundle so it really makes going back and running older content pretty pointless.
    • Like x 1
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I just tried dpsing my way through the new duo..which means I am now in a mood to start swearing at everyone and calling for deaths to the devs.

Nothing works. Infinite cooldowns on powers. My big hit has a tiny three inch range directly in front of me. My beam powers miss everything. Terror tendrils deals zero damage at point blank. Psychic prison doesnt actually trap anything.

!@#$ing happy new year to me.
    • Like x 1
  15. Batrederik Dedicated Player

This reminds me of the movie A Few Good Men :)

i couldn't stop smiling
    • Like x 1
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

You, sirrah, have earned the illustrious forum award for Having A Valid Complaint.
  17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Neither have I. But it's truly a fun game.
    • Like x 1
  18. Ascended Well-Known Player

I'm with this guy. I was there at launch, and he's right about all of it. Especially after the hack attack, population dropped hard after that.

Game is far from perfect today. There's tons of things I think it needs; we level too fast to get the feats we should and then have to backtrack, preventing us from playing the newly reached content, the cost of updating artifacts is super obnoxious, PvP especially is worthless, and whatever. Plenty of things this game could do differently, do better, etc., and time capsules really annoy me since there's feats connected to them and all the coolest styles are there now.

But overall I think the game is better than it was originally. Still needs work and improvement and we should continue to talk about what isn't working for us so the devs have constructive feedback, but compared to what we had almost ten years ago I dont think we're in that bad a place.

Unless your focus was just on PvP anyway. That aspect of the game is in depressingly bad shape.
    • Like x 2
  19. Legasei Well-Known Player

For me, the turning point was the Atlantis dlc. It ushered in the current meta for tanking: kiting. That, among other things, turned a lot of players away from tanking.
  20. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Happy New Year! Hope you had a good one:D. Back it again, let's get to it

I didn't come here to have a conversation, an argument, a deliberation, a parlay, or anything of the sort with you. Open forum, don't like it don't post. Weirdly, you are having a conversation/argument/deliberation/parlay with me despite not wanting to. When I don't want to do something I simply don't do it. Nothing is compelling you to continue here.

You saw me and wanted to carry on getting on my nerves - Nope incorrect again, I had no intention of getting on your nerves, I saw something I disagreed with and posted a comment as is the norm on a forum. You got triggered and cried about how I get on your nerves...hot tip, don't give people ammo

And to answer the topic of the thread: So what really made this game less enjoyable? Bing bang boom, self righteous tests like you. Beat you to it;)