so now we see...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by minuteofdecay, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Nirvana 93 Well-Known Player

Lol the old glitches are due to the PS3 excuse never gets old does it?
    • Like x 4
  2. Nirvana 93 Well-Known Player

Man if they could just give T4 a few duos or something, or merge it with another tier entirely.
    • Like x 1
  3. Avian Dedicated Player

Idk. If the best gear was vendor gear I'd probably just try to beat the instances a couple of times, just to have done it and then maybe for some feats. It's just not worth spending hours in if all you'll get is lesser gear, marks and some other stuff like base items ans recovery kits. I might even wait for the next DLC to get the feats since the gear there would be better and make the instance so much more easier.
    • Like x 2
  4. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

I think 100 marks per gear is a bit too much maybe 70 a piece and make us get a special mark for from raids that we can use on top of fury and myth symbols and then we got somethong. Other than that it's a pretty good idea
  5. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

I agree, that the best gear should be for sale on the vendor, like it used to be up to DLC4.

But I disagree to a system like in PVP, that the next set will only become available after completing the last one.
    Why?
    Because this would again hurt playing alts and powerleveling to help new players catch up with their league and friends to join them in endgame-content.
    • Like x 3
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

On the contrary, with a better loot system (or maybe with a slightly altered one of AF2) getting better gear in raids would ease things up for alts or low-cr players. Having the best gear on the vendor would only lessen the value of raids.
    • Like x 1
  7. Unida Dedicated Player

they should have just made the elite version have the opportunity to drop elite cr100 gear, same CR slightly better stats - much like A&B and the gear that drops there.

that way there is still a reason to run the hard version, you can max some stats more than vendor, but as far as it being a completely new gear item level resulting in progression to a new CR level, nope.

also totally fine to have the OP still drop rarely only in the elite raids, but that'll never be farmable either, so i dont see an issue there.

assuming DBG completely drops balls and takes no action (as expected) beyond fixing the exploit, maybe they at a bare minimum make the elite gear item level 100, but retain the stats. that way the glitchers get penalised on what they seem to crave so badly, CR, but the stats remain, so there is still some bonus for the people who ran it legit.

Although, in saying this, id rather the gear change be made after some data drilling on elite gear vs damage in, after relevant bans and gear stripping has occurred,and once there is a new established line in the sand of what happens to cheaters and the resulting punishments are well known.
  8. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

Only if they play raids, which not everyone does (in fact, according to the devs more people play alerts, then duos).
    • Like x 1
  9. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Then do it like in AnB.
    It was just great for leveling up alts and new Players, but People who didn't get the Drops, but had to buy the vendor-gear, were not far behind in stats.

So if you get the drop first? Perfect! Fully mod it and be happy.
    If you bougth the vendor gear first and then get the drop later? Don't worry. The boost will be small, so you can just attune it for your second role.
    • Like x 1
  10. REVO4LYFE New Player

Look at my main and my alt, my main is cr112 with vendor pieces. My alt done all 3 raids and has cr113 with 2 unmodded pieces lol. (1 vendor piece). Should have started playing that alt earlier (He has also got more pieces of the insect and sector gear lol)
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

Then those peeps shouldn't bother getting better stuff in content they don't run anyways. They won't need it then.
    • Like x 1
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

It's again a pure PUG-related theme and nobody in a decent league or who knows a few decent people should worry about after all. In WotL1 I didn't bother the raid drops BECAUSE the difference was so small it didn't matter.
    +2 Vitalization is a drop in the bucked and nobody cares about it. That's not what "better gear" entrails in my opinion.

IF they would go back to the system you mentioned then I'd vote for other changes for the gear, like set bonuses who improve the players' performance or other socket affinity bonuses. But pleaaaase not just "+ a bit of nothing to all stats" as before. I know no other good MMO that has this kind of loot system.
    • Like x 1
  13. Dezaras Loyal Player

Seeing some comments here I have to say I'm not keen. I don't really want to LFG/pug/queue Halls Of Power constantly, just to be able to play War Of The Light Part 2.. No solos, no duos, prerequisite marks are bad enough, but to complete a gear set? That wouldn't drive me to keep playing. I'd probably stay in the lower tiers and be pissed that I can't go further.

I don't mind queuing on occasion but I've had some bad experiences in the past. I want to play some HoP content, but don't want my entire progression to be reliant on it.

Before anyone says the usual...

I have a league. But only two of us are at T6 level. The other T6 player doesn't have HoP, but he likes the Lantern content. The other league members range between T1 and T4, meaning I would be the only league member able to play HoP.

Disbanding my league, and joining a higher stats league isn't an option for me either.

EDIT: I lost myself somewhat. Regarding the best gear being wherever: I don't mind not having the highest gear, I'm not playing the game to be the best.
  14. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

Wait, because they don't raid they wont need better stuff? Are there no solos, duos and alerts as we advance? Or is it that it should be easier for the minority to advance because they like a particular type of content?
    • Like x 1
  15. Schimaera Devoted Player

I'm 100% sure that if we look at the current tier, every 4-man and lower instance is darn easy with group full of IL99 equipped people and even the first two raids are easy. So nope, there's no real need to get even better because I'm also 100% sure that if fully equipped with IL99 gear even the first Tier 7 4man and lower instances will be easy.
    If there's a set of gear that makes the harder raids and survival mode "easier" I'm completely fine with it. Those who don't raid won't run SM either probably. So there's really no harm. The only harm is for those People who chase Scoreboards and even then - those peeps are usually also ones who run raids.

Never seen a player complaining he's not 1st in a Duo because the other one had better gear or a stronger power.
    • Like x 1
  16. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

We can talk about whether or not the best gear should be purchased from a vender or dropped in a “raid” until we turn blue.

There is NO real solution because as has been said a thousand times, the root of the problem was the introduction of Replay Badges.

There have ALWAYS been exploits and glitches in DCUO “raids” but with the introduction of Replay Badges with T4, this issue became more “cancerous” to the “community”.

Now, while I’m sure this won’t be a popular sentiment, as long as DCUO’s progression mechanics are so “dependent” and tied to raiding, then we’ll always have these kind of issues.

That said, seeing how much of a cash cow Replay Badges are and the demand by the community for constant raiding, I don’t see this changing EVER.

The DCUO powers-that-be will argue that putting the best gear in a “raid” keeps them viable but in the end, its simple math.

Before “raid” gear was the best gear, you could do the math on how many runs you would need before you could purchase a complete set of gear and this number was roughly the same everyone, devaluing Replay Badges as many would just out not to use them.

Post “raid” gear being the best gear, you could be lucky enough to get all your gear in a handful of runs or it could take you 50 replays to do so and with this community, there were all too many willing to find out, thus pushing the envelope even for those who were willing to wait their time.

Long story short, the gear will be put in the place that is most lucrative and while the overall health of the DCUO “community” may be impacted negatively, I wouldn’t expect anything different from this conclusion.
    • Like x 1
  17. guardzman New Player

Perhaps a system where you get to pick a piece of un-attuned gear at the end of the raid . Gets rid of the luck portion and rewards players efforts. This would only be at the completion of the raid.
    • Like x 1
  18. EconoKnight XIII Legion

The issue here is pretty simple. If you put the best gear only in the elite raid, then you are exclusively catering to the elite raiding crowd.

You've tipped your hand, devs. The 99% have to make due with garbage; you give the 1% exclusive access to a better life.

Personally, I like the "PVP progression unlock" idea. It gives everyone a shot to be better if they work hard and persevere. It's the American Dream.
    • Like x 1
  19. Derio 15000 Post Club

Should be the pvp progression unlock but only within that DLC. That way people can still skip their DLCs.
  20. lukelucky Devoted Player

people crying because thing's are as they are instead of what said people want's on the other hand. DOES. people are blasting glitchers yet the blame falls on the people who made the choices that made this monster.

for me IF YOU GLITCH YOUR OPENLY ADMITTING TO NOT BEING GOOD ENOUGH TO COMPLETE SAID INSTANCE.