so now we see...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by minuteofdecay, Feb 16, 2015.

1. minuteofdecay Committed Player

What happens when the best gear is drops in a raid. (Glitching). Let's fix the problem so it doesn't seem like u have to glitch to get the best gear. Make the vendor sale the best gear. Make it like pvp gear vendors are. The first set is the 99cr set (it drops in alerts as uncommon and in raids as common) it costs the same amount of marks that it does now. The second set of gear is the 100 cr gear (it drops as uncommon in the raids) it will only appear in the vendor after u have at least full 99cr gear and comes at a 20% increase in price of marks. Then the 101cr gear (drops as rare in raids) will become visible after u have atleast all 100 cr gear it's cost will be the mark cap limit for one piece (100 marks as of now).

What says everyone... i would like both the sides of the argument (best gear as drops vs best in vendor) to weigh in on this.
    • Like x 26
  2. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I think is a damn good idea.
    • Like x 2
  3. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I was really hoping they would do pve gear like pvp gear were you had to complete a set before unlocking the next.
    • Like x 2
  4. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

I would love for PvE gear to progress the same as PvP gear.

But, I think the main problem is players that don't have every DLC.
    • Like x 7
  5. minuteofdecay Committed Player

Well the way to fix that is for the starter gear for the vendor is unlocked at a cr requirement not by ur gear, just like missions are
    • Like x 1
  6. Jumpnit Dedicated Player

The problem IMO is not that the elite raid drops the best gear it is that NO ONE can finish the raid to get the gear. This glitching would not be as big of an issue if it was not the only way to finish the raid. Im all for hard content but making impossible content is just well pointless. If there was no elite raid with no 101 gear much fewer people would have complains about this DLC.
    • Like x 2
  7. AgentX44 Committed Player

From my experience, if you have gear in the vendor the way you have it for PVP, there will be a lot more people who will complain that the system is bad (I think there is just a small community who actually PVP). Especially if you can't farm marks or symbols like in PVP. You will have to reset a lot of content. And the casual player (those that maybe play just on weekends) will probably not want to do that. So it will take them forever to complete the gear.

And also like when it was in T4, you can farm marks within 1 week to complete a set of gear if you replay the heck out of the content. That was why there was the introduction of symbols. Maybe they should just do it like the T4 raid drops (codexes) where it's still a drop, but only miniscule stat difference.
    • Like x 1
  8. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

I can't stand the pvp gear system that much. Would rather just have it the way it was in L&W. Slightly better gear in the raids but vendor gear was the same item level and there was no significant jump in stats like there is with the 99 to 100 gear.
    • Like x 10
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I, too, would like them to put PVP style progression in all the tiers right back to T1. Can't unlock the next set until you've unlocked the last set.

With that being said, I wouldn't implement it strictly on the T1-T5 content as they didn't have a stable structure back then for how gear was released. Some DLCs had better gear, others did not and some even had no gear at all. It was chaos.

I'd probably make it:

T1: Unlock any of the three T1 sets
    T2: Unlock any of the three T2 sets
    T3: Unlock any of the four T3 sets
    T4: Unlock any of the four T4 sets
    T5: Unlock any of the three T5 sets.
    T6 (whilst current): Unlock the Amazon Fury 1 Set -> Halls of Power 1 Set -> War of the Light 2 set -> Amazon Fury 2 set.
    T6 (when T7 is out): Unlock any of the four T6 sets.
    T7: Unlock the DLC's standard vendor set to gain access to the better set from that DLC via another vendor/mission/something that isn't decided by chance. Only the standard vendor set is required to get to the next DLC.

and so on for the rest of the game.

I dislike the part you said about the best gear dropping in the raid. I have no problem the developers making beating the raids a condition of getting the best gear in the game, but it should be controlled and not distributed by the system at random. Effort, not luck for the best gear.
    • Like x 4
  10. HersheyKiss New Player

The best gear being in the raid has nothing to do with the content being broken and people exploiting it. The REAL ISSUE is broken content here. Thrones was drastically changed on test 2days b4 it hit live. Its should of never went live after that. It should of stayed on test and had the kinks worked out. Instead it goes live and bang all kinds of problems. Please stop with all this nonsense about the gear and its levels being the problem. The problem is the devs letting broken content hit the live serves. Not even sure why we have a test server anymore. And then people like the OP use this glitch issue to try and get the IL of the gear changed.

The best gear being in a raid can work if the raid isnt broken and allowed to be exploited. Thats the real problem, and u people asking for the gear to be changed know it. Please just stop. U should be asking the devs to make sure the content is 100% exploit and bug proof b4 they let it hit live. If they did that we wouldnt have the problems we do now.
    • Like x 5
  11. minuteofdecay Committed Player

But you could farm anything u want for marks to earn the gear and if u farm the raids there would be a chance that u don't have to buy a peice.
    To me this is the best of both worlds I have very bad luck when it comes to gear drops so much so that I refuse to spend replay badges for a luck drop but I will reset if I need X amount of marks to buy my next piece
    • Like x 1
  12. HersheyKiss New Player

Please explain to me how this would work when it would allow some players to never step foot in a raid yet they can obtain the best gear. And then when they have the best gear they then enter the raids and have no idea how they work and mess peoples groups up. I watched this happen with LnW so much. And i tried teaching/helping people and 90% of the time i was ignored and or had a rude comment directed at me. All u guys that want the best gear on a vendor havent come up with a solid plan yet. I dont want to run with a person who has max cr/gear and hasnt completed the raid/raids in the current dlc.

So again plz tell me the solution to that issue? Bcuz alot of us raiders feel that way. Just bcuz u dont see a bunch of us saying it on here doesnt mean its true. Only bout 10% of players come on the forums. Imo if u want the best gear u beat the hardest content and my opinion on that will never change. There are too many players on this game that want to take the easiest path to everything or look for s straight handout.

Imo what they need to do is have a vendor with plans for each piece of the new gear. The content rewards marks to purchase those plans. And the content drops gear equal to that gear if your lucky but also drops materials to craft the gear as long as u purchased the plan. The mats to craft could be spread out in all content but have the drops rates of each mat higher/lower in the different pieces of content. Meaning u will have to run all the content to get the mats to craft your gear. Could also be done for wpns too. If they went this route id have no issue w/it.
    • Like x 3
  13. Cable Girl Active Player

Good idea. But I think getting a full previous set is a bit overboard.

50-75% of the set. Or a certain CR.
  14. minuteofdecay Committed Player

It having the best gear had everything to do with it getting glitched. Ppl was spending replay badges only on this raid because of the best gear. My idea let's u replay any content u want and still achieve the best gear.
  15. AgentX44 Committed Player

That is all and good if you could really farm marks without spending replays (like in PVP). The problem I see is that they are doing small-big DLC format where some DLC might not have solo or duo content (HoP). I think we can do with vendor gear being the best gear in the game if it was like L&W or HoF where the "best" gear from raid drops has only miniscule stat difference.
  16. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

My biggest problem with the system you outline is I don't think the community would support it. As it is, the general feeling is that if you aren't endgame, you are worthless. No one cares, half the leagues don't even want to look at you.

This dramatically limits progression on new players, and essentially limits them to Pugging, which has horrible que times. And Raids, Forget about them. Half the raids take so long to get started that one hardly bothers.

Limiting players to full sets in this way will grind progression to a halt. You either are at endgame, or you probably aren't going to bother, because you effectively are never going to ge there.

I can understand people think progression in this game is too fast, though I would question if people really know how hard it is to progress in this game without a league.

I am not against Vendor Gear being the best (though I think some would bulk at raid gear being worthless) but any system needs to take all (or most) players into account. And having players take 6 months or more to get to where they can really enjoy the game isn't going to be healthy for the long term.
    • Like x 1
  17. kawe Loyal Player

I like the idea.
    I honestly would take any other method than raid drops being the best right now.
    • Like x 2
  18. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Was already in the reply you quoted...

The reason new, useless players are getting to the end game so fast is because they can skip pretty much all of it. I got to T5 without stepping foot in a 4 or 8 player instance thanks to the generosity of Solos, Duos and Bounties. Drops are the reason so many **** players make it to the end game.
    • Like x 1
  19. AgentX44 Committed Player

If only there was a way to give your old gear to your alts... hmmmm... for those people who have many alts or want to gear up their alts...
  20. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

This is going to happen anyway because right now you can pretty much skip everything and get to the end game. That's why this mentality is here. Because it's so easy to bypass everything so why show interest in people who don't want to by-pass everything.

Even my system was generous. I didn't ask you to obtain every T1 set before getting to T2. Or every T5 set to get to T6 and when T7 is here, you won't have to get all 4 T6 sets to progress to T7.

If anyone has a problem with the grind, there's this cool little feature they added about 2 years ago which lets you repeat your favourite pieces of content more than once between resets called "replay badges" allowing you to earn your marks faster and progress at a faster rate.

Everyone has this desire to get to the end of the end game quickly. Today's End-game is tomorrow's rung on the ladder towards the end-game. There's no reason to burn through tiers. Staggering progression so it requires effort would actually benefit the entire game and improve the quality of player reaching the most current content.

So many people complain that bad players mess up their runs in T6 stuff. Why do you think they're there? It's certainly not because they've worked through the epic challenge, beating all content in every tier, working hard to learn the instance and how their power set works. No. It's because they've ran a couple of a ******** instances once or twice and the game's thrown everything they need at them to get to the next tier with minimal effort.
    • Like x 1