So if you Until wm gets buff or doesn't here's what i'll be doing.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lord Jareth, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

This.

That's the problem with the 'it was better before WM train' : Sure, it totally was - if you were a HL dps who had one of Kaiser's infinite strings memorized, because then all you had to do was press the same combat string over and over again and boom, instant damage. At that point, using the clip infinite for damage cycling? Aside from the fact that it's breaking the individual attacks into a smaller, quicker chain, it's the same thing.

You're literally doing the same thing that people are doing with AMs now; the AM is just more honest about being a one-trick pony, and since anyone can use an AM driven character? Anyone can get in on the fun.

More than two powersets are viable and it doesn't require a 3:1 Controller : DPS ratio to keep the group moving.
    • Like x 2
  2. bagofboom Committed Player

I don't see the problem with the AM/WM thing. Or most of the things so many people complain about in DCUO. If you wanna use WM...USE IT!! If you wanna go AM....DO IT!! We (or some) get so wrapped up in OP this and Top that, that it's seriously a drain on the overall experience.
    WHO CARES!?!?
    This is a F@#©¥¢G GAAAMMMMEEEE!!!! A GAME. It is meant to be PLAYED. You know, the thing my 9 year old daughter does with her My Little Pony and LPS toys. She plays. And we as adults (mostly) have the privilege and luxury to add into our lives a bit of fun in the form of a video game.
    This isn't real life, we don't get paid for this. Our futures are not beset upon the outcome of how we rank on the final scorecard of BD. My wife will think no more or less of me if I'm 1st dps or 5th. My kids will still love (& sometimes hate) me if my tanking isn't up to snuff on such and such run.
    At some point too many people started looking at DCUO as a job or a chore and stopped having fun with it. Have you forgotten the first time you played (there's that word again) after it installed? How it felt to cast your first power or complete your first mission? How we loved hitting level 30 and realizing "Holy Crap, that was all just a tutorial!?". When did we start to log in and look for the things that are wrong and not for the things we loved about it in the first place?
    One Troll or 3. Solo heals or a whole group of 'em. WM or AM.
    JUST PLAY THE GAME. PLAY. THE. GAME.
    If you're not having fun, honestly, why are you here?
    (Rant over)

Long Live DCUO!!
    • Like x 1
  3. VariableFire Loyal Player

Congratulations, you were one of the big five. Yes, sorcery was considered top tier, or at least was intended by the devs to be top tier.
  4. Pink Revenge Committed Player

thank you so much for explaining that sentence.
    • Like x 1
  5. bagofboom Committed Player

Dripping with sarcasm, as if emerging from the ocean after a swim off tropical shores. Lol.
    (I still don't get it get it, but I get it.)(the title that is)(sorry, I needed one more parentheses)

Long Live DCUO!!
  6. Pink Revenge Committed Player

no. srsly. i was... struggling with what that sentence could mean. i knew the OP had a grasp of english as a language from reading other posts. he explains the sentence in his last paragraph of the first post.
    • Like x 1
  7. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i agree it's a game, same time WM and Am People will kick if they see you using this and you won't be able to play content.
    • Like x 1
  8. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

yep,i guess i should have mention that my bad :cool:
  9. Backseid Devoted Player

No one, NO ONE, "wants WM back". They/we want options.

It's one thing to have cookie cutter loadouts (we always have and always will). It's another to be forced into cookie cutter loadouts.

As with pretty much every other aspect of the game, we have lost any sense of choice or individuality. May as well go to 2D at this point :(
  10. xD25x Dedicated Player

Your out your mind bruh. Before the pet am sorcery was commonly refered to as the worst dps power. Cel, Rage, HL, Mental, Elec, Nature, Gadgets were all unquestionably better. Quantum was weak then after it took 1000 nerfs. Ice was doing ok damage with a full prec build. Fire was decent. Sorc went to the top of the list when the pet am first got introduced and then went back to the middle when wm was brought to live. Sorc was not anywhere near top 5 then.
    • Like x 1
  11. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Take away WM and AMs and this game is 1000000x better
    • Like x 3
  12. bagofboom Committed Player

Gotcha. I was as well, but even his explanation wasn't super clear although I knew what he was getting at. I was being a bit sarcastic (playfully) also. Meant no harm to either of you. :D I know his English is thin too, and wasn't trying to offend, sorry Jareth if u took it that way. (And if you're reading this.)

Long Live DCUO!!
  13. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

HL is fine. It does not do melee numbers like Ice, Mental and all the updated powers. It sucks in that regards. But when going against a player that is using mid range to range HL is competitive enough to hold its own.

With proper mods and SP it is a good power.

However, I personally prefer Atomic or Gadgets for DPS powers.
  14. bagofboom Committed Player

We aren't FORCED into anything in this game. You can play however you want whenever you want. If you want to tap triangle all day long you have the freedom to do so. You can play your power in any fashion you choose. If you get kicked and ridiculed for your play style that's a COMMUNITY problem not a GAME issue.
    If you don't wanna clip, use AM or WM, spam one power repeatedly or what have you, you are fully capable, allowed, and free to do so. There is NOWHERE in this game that you are FORCED to play a particular way (outside of mechanics).
    You probably won't be effective. You probably WILL get kicked and ignored. But that's not DCUO pigeonholing you into doing things a certain way, that's the COMMUNITY forcing its ideals and standards on you.
    My daughter's play and are absolutely TERRIBLE at the game. They mash triangle and square like they're getting paid to do it and they've both managed to hit level 30 and beyond and have fun doing it. It drives me nuts to watch it happen but they are free to do so as long as they aren't hurting anyone else. Trust me, they will never get picked up in a group and have been left in many a duo for it but that's not their problem it's ours. As their "peers".
    I run loadout and rotations and mods and specs the way it has to be for optimum effectiveness or efficiency, but there are many times I'd love to try out new things just for the hell of it. I don't because I know where it leads but again, that's on me NOT on DCUO.
    It's a shame that that's the way it is BUT........that's the way it is.

Long Live DCUO!!
  15. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Bro you know where the door is? Or you want me to show u?

HL is fine ???? ON WHAT EARTH? Cuz am pretty sure on my earth HL sucks
    • Like x 2
  16. Backseid Devoted Player

There always has to be a Capt. Obvious. Lol.

The "community standards" are based on the tools available make them. It's the same as the old "guns don't kill people" line. That gets squashed buy "but, if there were no guns"...

Fact is, there's a TON to blame on HOW the game has been constructed. Far more so than the players.
  17. bagofboom Committed Player

There are issues with EVERYTHING in this world but it's how we deal with the issues that arise that makes things what they are.
    Play or don't play. Care or don't care. Do or don't do. Just don't say or believe that we are FORCED to do these things. We are not.
    This game has many faults, and what you or I believe to be a negative, the other person may not agree. You (we) can't lay the blame at the feet of the dev team without at least attempting to take some for ourselves. Nothing is perfect, so adapt, overcome, fail or disregard but don't think it's mandatory to do what the other guy says you should do. That was my point, I wasn't trying to validate the game or put it on a pedestal that says it shouldn't be criticized, just that we don't have to conform to the standards of the community to enjoy and play (key words) this game. No one should.

Long Live DCUO!!
  18. VariableFire Loyal Player

No, you're the mistaken one. Not too long before WM was introduced, Sorcery was updated. Like now, the pet was doing amazing damage. However, PVP whining and WM's introduction eventually forced it down. How I know you're completely mistaken is your insistence that Fire was "decent" when the devs actually did publish the damage output numbers and Fire was....waaayyyy down there.
  19. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

I am no one then, NO ONE :D they want options well, this is another option
  20. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

did anyone else notice i am a new player?? o_O on the forums :confused: