So if you Until wm gets buff or doesn't here's what i'll be doing.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lord Jareth, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Hey what's up Dcuo community after testing WM on test in the newest solo and beat it, with fire it was a challenge.

but it was fun made me really miss the days of having WM and since i ain't even in most raids these days i will be creating a fire toon and use WM whenever gets buff i'll be ready.

if it doesn't i'll still be using it,But anyway i think i have got to point where i don't care to be op on the game it's not fun to me.

Edit sorry about the title my Pc got a little lag, the title was suppose to be so if you need me until WM gets buff or Not this is what i will be doing.
    • Like x 1
  2. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

I miss the days when WM didn't exist :(
    • Like x 9
  3. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i do to, but as of late all i see these days complaining about Am's want Wm Back or same dmg as the am. But for me i enjoy Fire without Wm and with Wm, so well i try it in the new solo and well i was able to beat it, so i guess i am gonna try to enjoy it again.
    • Like x 2
  4. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

U talking about WM buff and am here praying everyday for HL update lol
    • Like x 5
  5. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

we both are,i heard rumors that Gu55 will hit test after Episode 19 hits live at this point i,m starting to believe it, Trust me i got a HL toon i am on right now, i was going to do this but then i realize SP right this game, the community it's almost impossible to get 150sp all over again :confused:.
    • Like x 1
  6. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Lmao haha , yea I'm with u , I just hit 222 today and am happy as hell :), I wanna go HL now so so so bad ...... But am afraid
  7. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Lmao i am still HL i never switched :D, never cared about being op but i do want that update to happen.
  8. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

How you doing compare to ice and earth ?
  9. VariableFire Loyal Player

I don't. People forget how bad FotM was before, or how you had to be your support role unless you were one a very few powersets.
    • Like x 1
  10. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i am much weaker, i won't lie But again as i said before i don't care for op they might be stronger but i have more Sp ;)
  11. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Hahahah! Hey how many u got ? I got 222 :D
  12. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

lol i play on so many alts, if i didn't do that i would have more, i only got 149 almost 150sp
  13. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Still good , my league requirement is 190 , my goal is to be 250 before the end of this year
  14. Stilway Well-Known Player

There was a little 2 week window when WM first came out that was awesome. That was the only time I can think of in this game where no matter what power you were, all powers were even cause our damage came from our weapons. Any dots you could get with your powers was just gravy cause the bulk of our damage was from our weapon.

Now that I think about it if we want all the powers to be balanced DPS wise. The weapons and weapon mastery would be the best way to do it. Then it wouldn't matter if you were electricity or nature. You could perform evenly just by using your weapon and whatever dots you could pull off.
  15. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

I'm sorry, I don't recall FoTM being worse before WM compared to FoTM now. Pre-WM days, powersets had different levels of experience required to achieve maximum DPS, heals, and powerout. Which is no longer needed now. Ever since WM, this game has went downhill. Although the idea of being able to play with two weapons at once is a great concept, the extras that came with it have ruined this game.
  16. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'm sorry, but
    You're wrong.
    Back then Fotm powers required SP and Even more Skill to use than Now,
    Compare PRE-HL or Even Rage Pre GU-36, and Compare that to the likes of Quantum, Mental, Earth, Sorcery.

If you still don't acknowledge the differences I'll list them:
    1) Those powersets used to require massive clipping, to the point were 3 trollers in 1 group was relevant.
    Nowadays, powersets you just go 1 2 3 4 or spam a button or two and get a whole bunch of massive damage, and you only run with a solo troll at that.
    2) SP made a difference back then we all know it.
    3) It wasn't as common back then, Due to the level of skill required for dps- People strayed away from it.
    1 Player knew how to clip combos, knew PI's and Modifiers matter.
    Most bad DPS were told on the forums, and most support roles specfically trollers to be exact, constantly complained about how the dps
    were doing poor damage and forcing the trolls to be worn out batteries.
    Thus WM happened- People complained about it.
    -AM's are happening-People are complaining about this again.

This is why this game can't get any good source of improvements without it taking a while, because Damagers always complained and half the time they're never sastified.
    • Like x 2
  17. VariableFire Loyal Player

Then you're looking back with rose-tinted glasses. It was way worse unless you were one of the select few powersets that were favored above all else. Seriously, "experience" is bs. You needed to be certain powers or you couldn't get into group content at all without being kicked.
    • Like x 2
  18. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

How am I wrong again? You basically stated reasons why on why I'm right..

DPS Today:
    Dumbed down static rotations for maximum DPS
    Nerfed of certain weapons (rifle mainly)
    Unnecessary weapon combo buffs which also further ruined this games PvP
    CR Playing a huge role in damage numbers
    WM Crits, which imo DPS was fine before these.
    Power Regen which further diminishes the need for a troll

Heals Today:
    Overbalanced restoration (Solo healers used to be praised back then for being able to solo heal, now anyone and everyone can do it)
    Power reduction with WM Crits (Trollers and Healers worry less now about conserving power than they used to, playing support is now too easy)

Trolls Today:
    Most groups run solo troll
    Power reduction with WM Crits (Trollers and Healers worry less now about conserving power than they used to, playing support is now too easy)
    Debuffs aren't necessary anymore for PvP nor PvP
    I remember a time when trollers used martial arts shuriken storm combo to regen power, but now its brawling > ma WM with reduced power crits

The point is, ever since WM this game has been dumbed down.

Sorry, but I've never had trouble getting into a group, but that is also a question of skill and reputation.
    • Like x 2
  19. VariableFire Loyal Player

And what is your power? You boast of skill and reputation but your conveniently forgetting the times that powerset made a huge difference makes me think you were one of "those" powersets.
  20. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

I'm not boasting at all and my main powerset has always been sorcery. If I recall, the top powers before WM were celestial, rage, and hardlight. However, I don't remember anyone excluding people who weren't those top powers from groups. Even with those being the top 3 powers, other powersets could keep up with them.
    • Like x 1