Share your bases

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Eve YouTuber

Damn this is really cool!
    • Like x 1
  2. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Live it looks even better as the emblems move... it's a pity I don't have time to farm this season, I would buy a few hundred of these base items...
    • Like x 2
  3. Rejchadar Inquisitor

For some time I have been thinking about the idea of a new project ... "City of the Damned" ... one of the problems that I encountered in this project is to indicate the limits of cruelty ... at some point something will already be excessive .. .? I'd love to hear other people's advice on this...

while thinking about it decided to experiment a bit with the new base items ...here are some results...

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  4. Achikah All About That Base

Oooo, so, question- is it just the shading given the layering/area they're in that's casting those muted colors or can you change the color of the paint splotches of the canvas via the deco color pallet ?

Looks like SOMEONE found awork around for the Sanguine Pools we've been asking for ;)

But I feel you. Excessive brutality and gore can be a lot when doing a whole theme based around it. Nothing wrong with buckets of blood, but if doing a whole base with torment it starts to become harder and harder to one up yourself and keep that visceral nature up throughout.

I find progression works best for things like that. Start off slow, subtle, then build up to more jarring situations. When I was doing Illyria's Infernal Descent which was basically hell, I did a slow burn walkabout until it all fell apart to madness. Same with Cynic's AI takeover and simulation trilogy. Pacing and a narrative structure I think can help even it out. Just my take though for what it's worth, haha!

Also, I personally love the dead lovers and the mocking artist. There's something heartbreakingly cruel about it that while also making the viewer think a bit of what they're actually seeing. Brutal, but badass, hahah!
    • Like x 1
  5. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Yes, the colors are adjusted using the base color palette (but this also affects the color of the emblem, which is a bit inconvenient ...). Also, the colors of the paint buckets can also be adjusted.

Initially, for the blood effect, I used ... rose petals ... but when I noticed that the color of the paint can be changed ...

Maybe I didn't phrase the question correctly... how far can you go with a violent scene and still not go too far? for example, in the scene with the corpse, there was also a tank initially ... (considering the events of the last year ... I removed it so as not to offend anyone ..) ... the key question is how far do you think you can go with cruel scenes and hmmm... adult scenes...
  6. Eve YouTuber

I really hope episode 45 brings in new kind of base items so we can go with a new "theme". I feel like bases gets repetitive with some of my ideas haha.
    • Like x 1
  7. beardrive Committed Player

I was thinking something similar Zoe, with regards to walls actually. The only type steel wall we have is the Titans Closed Door that I can think of. I'd like some kind of rust-bucket type of walls like from a barge or some old wooden 6 foot high broken fences or actual brick walls from a converted brewery to a new stylish flat. We have so many items now it would be a nice change to break up the spaces better with dividers and walls.

As far as the "How low can I go?" with limits to gruesomeness in a base design my Orphanage was going to have a children's hospital. Don't get the wrong idea--I was going to use the joker's funhouse items. XD I decided against it, but may visit it in the future, if I can stomach designing it. LOL
    • Like x 1
  8. Eve YouTuber

#WIP with the new base items from St. Patrick
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. beardrive Committed Player

Love them all! I posted in Gotham City gameplay, but you can PM me on the EU servers under the name Branthar if you would like to sell any of those items for a million each. If you can buy 50, I'll give you 50 million. If you can buy a hundred, I'll give you $100 million. Thanks in advance!
    • Like x 1
  10. beardrive Committed Player

PS, I find random resizing of my text as I reply to things in the forums to be a bit of an irritant. Sorry about the small text
    • Like x 1
  11. Eve YouTuber

Haha depends how much I farm the event, currently just getting about enough for my villain Thorn for her base.
  12. Eve YouTuber

Progress
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  13. Eve YouTuber

Hallways complete:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  14. Eve YouTuber

Me on the last day of St Patrick event:
    I'm going to build a shrine of the amazons. Need the Celtic rocks. Oh... I'm out of time. lmao
    • Like x 3
  15. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Me: Too. But rocks need for some other things:)
    • Like x 1
  16. beardrive Committed Player

I posted for 1.5 million each for 10 items in the trade window for about a week or so. Nobody's doing the event so they're 2.5 million to 3.5 million each on our EU broker.

I scoured the broker on a daily basis the entire event, and was able to procure 20 items at 1.5 million each. I wasn't going to go over that price based on my own gaming ethics.

I got 20 items, but I'm curious why I had to pay $30 million for them? I probably should have just been able to earn them...

But you can!

No you can't.

Funny thing is, I did the Valentine's Day event on every single playable Alt I have for the entire month!

Fancy that.
    • Like x 1
  17. Eve YouTuber

Sneak Peek at Temple of The Gods (Remade). This is the Garden room which I need Spring event for. I'll reveal other rooms when I will showcase the video. This is still a #WIP :)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  18. Eve YouTuber

Haya any EU players have any of the Bee Drones from Judas Contract episode? I need them for my Bee Hive base I'm working on.
  19. Eve YouTuber

#WIP of the house of the newest Shazamily member - Mercury. My New Original Character
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  20. Iconic Simulation YouTuber