Downtime Server Downtime - May 1, 2019 - Game Update 94

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoganCaron Active Player

dude..its not for lack of trying and trying..the problem for me is not getting it done..its more that its very difficult to just get in the Raid..maybe its not a good solution what im talking about..maybe win small amount of renown in duos or something..but to give at least a small chance to get some..
  2. NewSuperman New Player

Disappointed by how this update basically removes all incentive to do older episode related missions.
    • Like x 3
  3. NewSuperman New Player

This is extremely worrying, I hope the devs fix this sometime, but I don't count on it. I get that changes have to be made, and I'm sure its part of some kind of strategy for further monetization or something. Bills need to be paid, server costs and continued development cost money. But dang, it really bums me out. This update has me second guessing if a membership is worth it now.
    • Like x 1
  4. ThaWizDB New Player

There are leagues that run content every single day together and get the every singleraid done and every elite raid done. You just gotta find a league that can get that content done that you think is way to hard, or impossible to complete. Like I get what your saying, but I don’t think that will help the situation. It’s still “not enough” for this community. It never will be enough.
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah....till next year, when the plan changes again. We started with varying currencies per DLC....then that was phased out for MoT...we grumbled...we adapted, then it changed again to MoV and 'episodic' currency...we grumbled...we adapted, now it changes back to unified 'source' marks....we will grumble, we will adapt. Let's see what the next change brings I guess.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  6. ThaWizDB New Player

Lol isn’t this the truth. I just came back to the game AGAIN. Been off and on for so long and there has been so many changes in my lifetime of dcuo haha there are perks to this change but there are clearly bad things to this update as well. Like you said, we just gotta adapt to this and hope for the best at this point.
    • Like x 1
  7. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

You're the vocal minority. Most of us welcome the consolidation, and massive drop in the amount, of Marks that will be needed for older content's gear/styles.
    • Like x 2
  8. SkullGang Devoted Player

People aren't worried about the consolidation of marks. The issue is the incentive to run older content has been nuked due to CR relevancy compounded with consolidation of marks.
    • Like x 3
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

They will likely never add Elite renown outside of Elite runs. What they might do is increase the renown worth or create some 'triple renown' booster that they COULD sell that would generate some cash but not completely drop the 'elite' aspect. AoJ especially sucks since the renowns in there are 75/75/150 vs 200/200/400 like everywhere else. Totally bogus on their part for that.

The only tips I can give you is keep LFG open and have your 'role' up to spec. Elite runs are called out either for renown or feats in LFG...but DPS slots fill quick. If you can play a role, you will likely get in, especially if you are over the appropriate CR and know what you are doing. You need to be able to jump on it though, so keep an eye open and respond quickly....and don't avoid a 'feat' run if you have that feat already. When I was doing Blackest Day Elite to get the Elite gear drops I can't even count how many times I had to run the 'do not go gently' no death feat....but that was the feat that got the runs put together...and I needed the drops either way...so I ran it...again and again. Don't be afraid to start your own 'feat' run if it generates interest in LFG.

That and save your renowns and use with a booster. A properly timed booster use will save you a 1000+ renown and unless you are doing it in current content, it's not like the elite gear you are going to buy along the climb will help you...it's probably just for the style feat...cash in when you have about >5280 saved renown and you'll hit the 6600 cap with 1 boost.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  10. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

There will be less of a reason to run the older content, since current content will give the Source Marks needed for the old vendor items that people grinded old content for. They're doing this so people don't have to go back and grind.

The people that may be harmed are the feat hunters, though, and I guess some of the people who didn't use a CR skip (myself included). If these changes make it so Episode 27-31 content is as difficult to get into as even older content such as Love and War, Seeds of Rot, With a Vengeance, etc., then I concede your point. However, compromises have to be made.

It's not often we see people pining for them to make Hand of Fate, War of the Light, and all the other old content playable again, so the pain of it happening to Episode 27-31 will likely pass. And when the most fair and sense-making solution, clamping for Marks to be rewarded, is mentioned... torches and pitchforks.
    • Like x 1
  11. Alibaba New Player

I have a problem logging in, someone else have that same problem?
  12. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Game is down
  13. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

Heyyyyyyy it's the same ole' as it seems, we take one step forward and two back. Consolidation is currently good and bad, if it would have been better thought out this would have been great to make all older content playable again but it was halfway thought up (imho). Perhaps one day we can take two steps forward and none back, would be nice.
    • Like x 1
  14. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

It has only been 4 hours of a possible 8 hr downtime. Download the update and chill. pickup a comic book or manga and read.
    • Like x 4
  15. Tarif Committed Player

I cant and wont understand the reason behind further cr relavancy on a customer base that has provided volumes of negative feedback on these forums alone.

This will only serve to force many players into inactivity, because there will be no productive rewards or incentive to run older content that many of us pay for monthly to have "ALL ACCESS" to. Im supposed to continue to pay for All Access with no incentive each month for a product Im PAYING FOR? Yeah, heh, okay. Sure.

I spent most of my activity in the week running older content for its dlc specific currency and rewards for tradeable items, useful marks, for in game profit for my character so I can barter, buy, and trade to help towards acquiring items I need for my own character's growth from our in game economy.

By taking this from active players, we no longer have reason to be logged into the game once we are done with our weekly raids and dailies. Id literally say that this decision just cut my activity by at least 75%.

I cant understand how an MMO wants their players to be rewarded less, which will force their players to be less active persuing rewards online and logged into their game.

I would think an online game, would want their players to feel rewarded and would want them to have incentive to stay logged in as much as possible.

This is like a bad joke.
    • Like x 1
  16. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

Yeah...

Status: 5/1/2019 5:32 PDT - The game is currently down for scheduled maintenance.
  17. gemii Dedicated Player

yeah their has to be a reason to go back to old content and there really isnt now unless your just helping a league mate do a feat or something.

having catalyst drop their was a good idea and players ran the content
    • Like x 1
  18. Vengence New Player

19. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

Well crap I can't log in!
    Must be that dang update and 8 hours downtime.
    ;):rolleyes::p
  20. ThaWizDB New Player

Then make yourself more characters if you want to run the old content. Like you’re complaining about old marks? Like what were you doing with those old marks besides just maxing out your currency lol you people just find something to complain about. Who wants to sit there and grind old content to get marks just to buy pieces of that gear that are almost the same price as the new content.

Sorry but I’m not trying to run old content just as much as I’m having to run the new content just to get gear style feats. That’s literally dumb. If you’re so upset about not getting marks from old content, then you need to make new characters so you can run the content so you can get something out of it.

I get your point about the “all access” they definitely need to figure out a way to help that aspect, but the crap about the marks and just running the old content to get marks is honestly dumb because more than likely you’re maxed out on your marks already if you like running that old content so much.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.