Downtime Server Downtime - May 1, 2019 - Game Update 94

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eve YouTuber

are we there yet? :p
  2. RealTegan Dedicated Player

More than halfway. Go get a drink, put on some music, relax a bit. Soon.
    • Like x 3
  3. Eve YouTuber

Meh, I'm just really excited for the new Wonder Woman\Circe Models and the new skins. lol I can wait
    • Like x 3
  4. NewSuperman New Player

Wonder Woman alone is already incredible, really love the new design. I also can't wait to see all my characters with the new beautiful skins!
    • Like x 2
  5. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

I'm watching Endgame. :p
  6. LavaSpitter_json Level 30

Not really cause theyd still need to go do the content if they want more skill points.
  7. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I've got a plant-based character whose lair needs some updating, and this is the time of year to do it. I don't know how I'm going to run the seasonal to get enough stuff, since I barely have enough time in the day to keep up with the latest DLC, but I'll figure it out.

I'm also really curious to see how the currency change goes over with the bulk of players. I honestly have no idea what to expect, since the folks on test tend to be pretty intense hard-core players.
    • Like x 2
  8. Alibaba New Player

is the test server up and running?
  9. Eve YouTuber

it is.
  10. Tygerfyre Committed Player

You're assuming way too much here.

In my case, I played the content, got my gear, and then started playing that old content when time allowed, trying to earn enough for those insanely priced Collection items. For the most part, I never got there on any of those DLCs, but I figured it wasn't an issue, because I could still earn those Episode Marks **over time**.

Along the way, I helped out where I could, whether that was filling out a group doing the "333"-type dailies, or just filling out a raid group with a little extra boost from a higher-leveled Controller.

Now, that's been taken away, for no apparent benefit. I have no reason to go run that content other than for the sake of playing it, and I need to use Marks from current content if I ever want to see those Collection pieces.

I'm still waiting for any explanation of how this is supposed to help anyone.

If you were playing the content sporadically, like me, it's a negative.

If you were farming the marks for stuff to sell or gear to get prestige for, you've lost that.

If you weren't playing the content anyway, it doesn't really help or hurt you.

Even Daybreak loses, as it means fewer people playing that content, keeping the userbase moving forward, helping lower levels to advance and therefore keep spending money, which should be one of their goals. If someone stalls out and can't move forward, will they still sub or buy the next episode? Doubtful.

This is not a positive thing for the game, its players, or its developers. It's just another step towards making the game irrelevant.
    • Like x 6
  11. brokejaw1 Active Player

I don't see getting style feats are dumb, hell some of those feats 50 points each. Just wandering what this patch is gonna do with the op
    gear in Titans and Atlantis, you need like over 300 of the original currency for that episode to purchase that piece of the op collection
    off the ep. vender with the marks changed how's that gonna work?
    • Like x 2
  12. CoolBreeze New Player

You sir are so incredibly wrong you could work for this company.

I ran all t8 weeklys, and then all raids with my league this week ... why because of the changes.

It was so much fun to do, now take away the fact that in the future this will be meaningless to do, no one will run the old content any more.

This means less to do in game, and more focus on the need to pay to rest content to get source marks

Why do you need to run old content... OP collections are the real problems.

This is a massive mistake the community has told the developers

We will see how this goes but it is starting to look like you can play dcuo for like 4 hours a week to run all relevant elite content.

So most players will need to pick up another mmo meaning that eventually the will cut the game loose.
    Let’s see what happens
    • Like x 2
  13. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

a line at the star labs / ace chem ladies WILD...RREEEAAALLLLLYYY WWILDD
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Update: US PC/PS and Xbox worlds are now online. The EU PC/PS world will follow.
    • Like x 6
  16. CoolBreeze New Player

What this game needs is the ability to make the old content relevant.

For e.g would you run a raid loot locked ... no because you get nothing.

Would you want to run the most recent 3 levels of content that you have already been running for the past months like Atlantis or titans ... he’ll no

Does the game have a lot of content ... yes but the majority now is meaningless to run

Meanwhile the content that is available is really small look at the current content

How long to run all weeklys .. like 30 minutes MAXIMUM. Those are weeklys

This game needs to make old content relevant instead they make the little we had available pointless

Devs please fix this issue make khandaq to cr 270 then give us source marks do this for all content.

Then we can all laugh when players fail Khandaq Elite
    • Like x 4
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Update: All worlds are now online.
    • Like x 3
  18. Belthazur Dedicated Player

OK Here is the Billion Dollar Question...WHERE is This NEW Vender?
    • Like x 1
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Disabled temporarily.
    • Like x 1
  20. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Ahh ok Thank You!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.