Downtime Server Downtime - May 1, 2019 - Game Update 94

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KrilTsuuroth Well-Known Player

I personally LOVE this new update. There's so many different avenues to unlock lower tier style and other vendor based feats now. On top of that still receiving top tier marks in order to buy current gear needed. I can now unlock a ton of old style feats being that they're all under one mark as opposed to running old content over and over to get that episode specific mark...

I honestly don't understand the complaints...For most of us this is a good update. I can run literally all my content and finish with an insane amount of Source marks, go back and buy all those styles i skipped over, while still earning current content marks.

If anything this will make a lot of us want to run older content so that we can earn source marks for a specific style/vendor feat that we need. For example, I skipped a lot of E3 styles, I can now run open world event missions from Chaos Gotham and earn marks toward those feats as opposed to being forced to run E3 content, on top of the marks given by the E3 content itself, Deluge, and everything else..This is amazing.
    • Like x 2
  2. Darth Jafo Well-Known Player

No one (or very few) will run old content to get source marks..or at least not the dailys. Duos/Alerts/raids sure here and there. No, what most will probably do is take the marks gained from current content and use those to buy the old gear. That's what I plan on doing. Only reason to run any of the dailys would be to get whatever missed feats might be in there.
    • Like x 1
  3. KrilTsuuroth Well-Known Player

I'm sorry but why wouldn't you? Depending on the amount of style feats you may have skipped, if any, why wouldn't you want to increase the amount of marks you could get? It's literally free marks.. Yeah you could replay current content and still get them plus current content marks but if you don't have replays at your disposal you're definitely gonna go back and farm the older dailies to get the marks. At the very least the open world missions.. At the moment anything below Titans is "old content" for me when it comes to gear..but doing ez missions for 8 marks is definitely worth it. That one mission is one piece of vendor gear closer to the full feat..

I mean currently on live, I see a lot of people shouting on LFG for stuff that I haven't seen shouted for in a long time..Especially on US Villian server.
  4. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

How do I turn off the diamond navigator things that are dancing around on my screen?
    I already tried to figure out how to turn them off.
    They are like SUPER annoying.
    It wasn't that hard to find the missions the old way.
    It isn't just for my current mission, but ALL my missions in the current areas.

I can't say I like the Spring Door Mission. I hate to fight against the Swamp Thing with heroes (for obvious reasons) or villains (just because of the character conceptions of my villains that I play for the event). Would like this to change, but I know it's been the same for years - probably since it was created. I enjoy the outdoor stuff as a diversion.

I'm fine with the marks consolidation. Wasn't even sure why it stopped being a universal currency at any rate.
    I like it as it will allow me to pick-and-choose to buy the styles that I want even with currency gained from other content. Looks like simplification for a win-win to me, but I haven't seen the vendor yet.

With the new starting game changes, I kind of want to create another character, but I have all the character slots that I can get :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.