Server Downtime - March 19, 2014 - Game Update 35!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Will Power Loyal Player

Mepps this is confusing me why are you talking about the Summer Seasonal when the next Seasonal is suppose to be the Spring Event with Swamp Thing and Poison Ivy?

Why did you post this Mepps?
  2. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Because the Questgivers for the St. Patrick's Day, Spring and Winter Seasonals (Mxy, Swamp Thing/Poison Ivy and Hal/Sinestro) are all located in the Watchtower/Hall of Doom … and as of U35, anybody under Level 10 will be unable to access those areas. (Booster Gold and Vandal Savage were there for Valentine's Day too).

However, the Questgivers for the Summer Seasonal (Aquaman and Ocean Master) are out in the open world. Mepps is just getting ahead of the game - giving players under Level 10 notice that they won't have access to those quests even if they have access to the Questgivers.

It is my guess that this change is at least partially in preparation for yet more Events in the near future. (Uncle Sam on Independence Day? :) )

(Interestingly enough, he didn't mention Phantom Stranger/Tala for the Halloween event, even though they are located in the Safehouses. Perhaps they're being relocated … or perhaps there will be an addendum in the future)
    • Like x 1
  3. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

No one is forcing you to buy the bundle to get the aura; its your wanting desire. People apparently like to gamble their money away for a chance at the reward they want. Is it taking advantage of ppl? Yes there are LOADS UPON LOADS of businesses that do that sort of thing. Thats what this is, business.

Do i want those aura? You bet i do but i am not going shell out money for the other stuff i simply dont need and those are only in there to justify the price and the real bait is the aura. Its rather diabolical. Its like luring a starving carnivore into a vegetable stand to show him some vegetables he realllllly doesnt want and it isnt til the end that you give him want he wants. Its evil, its down right despicable, and its a test of will out of all of you.
    May Lady Temptation have mercy on you.
    • Like x 2
  4. Abstrakt Loyal Player

Did we not have a sale on other stuff last week too?
    The pack includes: 500 Replay Badges, 6 R&D Scanners, 8 Radar Enhancers, 5 Proto Repair Bots, 5 Vault Tickets, and an Aura Reward Box. The Aura Reward box includes one Aura which may be any of the existing common Auras, one of two new colored Plasmic Auras, or the new, rare Nimbus Aura. The Plasmic variants and Nimbus Auras are all exclusive to this bundle!
  5. lukelucky Devoted Player

i refuse to buy a bundle because i cant support this lottery system either. bank bots, mail bots, and any bot not named repair should be a part of legendary. JUST MAYBE INSTEAD OF A DOLLAR TRANSACTION DCUO SHOULD TAKE A LOSS AND MAKE THE GAMING EXPERIENCE BETTER FOR THE LEGENDARY GUYS. i will never buy a single bot ever. dont care if they come with a one shot trinket.
    • Like x 2
  6. Buckley Loyal Player

Because every time you do that you are shrinking your source of revenue, how many of the players that spent $200+ and got nothing/common in-game aura, will be willing to take that chance again. If we have the figures you can actually work out how many more times this "Booster Special" will be given till its no longer "financially" worth it. DCUO knows this, and the only way to get our point across is to not take part in this lottery, don't we get enough of it in the raids?
    • Like x 1
  7. Ice Lantern New Player

I think by now we should all know that SOE is milking us for short term gains. When this cash cow gives out, they just come up with a new one.
    • Like x 1
  8. winter13 New Player

Style vendor is what I'm looking forward to. Not much besides that.
  9. winter13 New Player

But they aren't going to be rare styles "in game". You are buying/paying $20 for the chance to get one from a bundle in the marketplace. You answered your own question.
  10. winter13 New Player

You are just "assuming" they would make more money by selling the aura by itself in the marketplace. They obviously don't agree with your idea, or they would be selling it solo. Look at how many people have come into this thread and said they spent $60 - $100 last year on the booster bundle. That's a lot of cheese
  11. winter13 New Player

It doesn't have to be the same players being fooled twice though. A lot of new players that started playing the game since the last booster bundle, will be shelling out major coin for multiple bundles this time. Its not the same old players. The playerbase does not remain static.
  12. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

I stated that in a previous post, not in those exact words but it was posted. However, as I also stated the market for these bundles constantly decrease due to more and more people getting screwed by them. Also, word gets out that some people spent "X" amount of money and never got the new aura which will deter even new players from purchasing the booster bundle (league members talk, and even new players sometimes visit the forums, etc.).
  13. winter13 New Player

Word will also get out that people did get them. Plus, players will see them being "worn" in game and think "damn...I need to get one of those next time". That door swings both ways.
  14. Kalamor New Player

You know, so many of you are so focused on wanting the new auras that you're completely overlooking the fact that these are "EXCLUSIVE" items. If they were on the marketplace as a guaranteed item , it would be as someone said several posts back, "every third player would have one". And when that happens, it becomes nothing more than common place and loses all value. ( And I don't mean currency value.) Sure, even in months to come the players that do have them will be more spread out, but still common enough that it won't stop someone in their tracks to do a double take, unless they're new. I say leave it as a chance item so it can stay exclusive and be an actual rare obtainable item. It would be nice to only see a small handful of players walking around sporting one.
  15. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

Door swings both ways but does the risk outweigh the cost? If you heard that someone spent $200 and still never got one and you hear that someone only bought one and got the aura, would you buy it? You might attempt it but at the very least you will hesitate. In this situation reward does not outweigh risk. Granted, you can argue that is based on an individual basis but as this thread shows most people are discontent with the current set up and that is somewhat representative of the actual playerbase.
  16. winter13 New Player

How often do you see people make a thread, or contribute to a thread , because they are "happy" about something?? Just because most people are complaining, qqing, venting or whatever you want to call it - does not mean they are "somewhat representative of the playerbase". The majority of the threafs and posts on the forums - some of which are legit and others are completely off the wall.

The simple reality is if they (dcuo/soe) thought they would make more money selling the aura at $10+ on the marketplace by itself (an you were guaranteed to get one), then they would do it.
  17. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

Yea because that totally worked for the armories...

They thought that $8 per armory was a good price tag and they got a rude awakening.

Just because they think something doesn't mean they are right.
  18. MercPony Devoted Player

Well assuming they did this and if they made the aura account bound and price depending, may be fewer than you think. If they only gave people roughly a week or two weeks to purchase an exclusive aura, it'd be hardly different. $20 for this bundle may seem like a lot to some, but I know people that have even seen $5 seem like a fortune to spend.
    • Like x 1
  19. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

Yup, not everyone has complete access to mommy and daddy's credit card...
    • Like x 2
  20. winter13 New Player

Umm...it did work for the armories. I know people that almost never spend money in the mp, and they bought the 4-pack. If you are referencing the "pricing issue" when the prices were first released, then yes, they did drop the prices. Although, if you really look at it, the prices were adjusted BEFORE the armories were ever released. You are talking about apples and oranges really. No matter what the cost, you were guaranteed to get the armory. The aura is a "chance" item. You pays your money, and takes your chances!!

More players are going to spend a significant amount of money for the "chance", than they would if it was guaranteed. Why buy $100 worth of bundles if you can buy one for $20 and get one??