Server Downtime - March 19, 2014 - Game Update 35!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 18, 2014.

1. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

Reason people are complaining is because many of us have no use for the other items present within the box, radar scanners, etc...

I can spend 20$ and get 700 replay badges if I need them. So actually you are paying 20$ for 500 replay badges and a random chance at aura (since many people have no use for extra vault tickets etc.) that you might like or you might get one that may as well just be deleted...

It is being made out to be like its a great deal when its obviously not for a substantial part of the community. All I want is to be able to buy the aura from the market place (and many people agree), keep it on a time table so they don't have people using loyalty points on them, or better yet just make them not purchasable by loyalty points.

I won't be buying it but I'm letting the devs know that they could make a little bit more money by actually taking the ideas of the community into consideration.
    • Like x 10
  2. OGM_Madness New Player

If they make it "Spend $20 on Marketplace from now to April 2nd, get a free Plasmic Variant or Nimbus Aura (100% chance of getting a new one)" I'll spend $100 in replays and unlock feats on alts, make new alts and unlock those feats too and be happy.
    • Like x 4
  3. Burnt New Player

People saying that auras should be in MP, should there be NO rare items in the game? Should everyone be able to buy everything in the game in MP?
    • Like x 1
  4. Oel Em Well-Known Player

The issue is that several of us would like to have the auras. We would, in fact, be willing to PAY for the auras. We do not, however, see any value in buying a lottery ticket for a chance to buy one. Its similar to the armories, at fist there was a huge issue over the price. As paying customers we felt we were not getting a fair value for the price. Same thing here. Would I shell out 5 bucks for each special aura as a per character item like an armory. ABSOLUTLY!!! Would I shell out 20 bucks for a lottery chance at a rare aura with a bunch of things I do not see a personal value in....nope, not a snow balls chance.

And THAT good sir is the issue. Its not a fact of, meh dont like it wont buy it, its a fact of love the item but not the value. Reward does not equal the risk.
    • Like x 2
  5. InsideRage New Player

How about a "Spring Cleaning Week" Double the amount of drops of base items to give a chance to clean out some of the old and duplicates and style each layer uniquely?
    I would even Pay real funds to attend a Layer Furnishing vendor.
  6. Oel Em Well-Known Player

No, its a limited time purchase. So those players who pay during the time frame get it, after the time frame...you dont. Still rare, only a FAIR rare.
    • Like x 1
  7. Burnt New Player

I won't buy a box and it doesn't bother me in the least that I'll never have one of them. I'll be the same player with or without it :D
    • Like x 4
  8. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

I like that there not account bound gives players a chance to make money since players are so hard up crashing auction prices to nothing gives us away to get an item some one is always willing to buy as well creates more of a market for dcuo to earn more money to program all these update and DLC demands if more went legendary vs premium over all the game would be supported better then items like this could be FREE.
  9. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

To think dcuo stands behind its to lol they let players scam now in real world its a con artist yet they still get to play the game why dcuo needs there money most are paying customers ripping off paid a very few are premium with unlocked cash flow.
  10. FESTER665 Devoted Player

These forums alone are a minimal part of the community, let alone the percentage of people who don't like the way they do this so I'm not too sure on the substantial part of the community line.

I'm sure the developers look at the sale and this is the best way for them to make money. So to say they would make more money selling it alone is simply speculation on your part. Who knows how many booster boxes they sold with the plasmic aura. I'm sure they looked at that amount and decided they wouldn't make more money selling them individually. It's not like the accounting department said "well, we would make double the profit if we sell them individually, but let's put them in a booster box so we make less money!"
    • Like x 1
  11. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

I'm sure a lot of people disagree but I'm also sure that a lot of people agree and simply aren't on the forums.

Armories beg to differ... They weren't going to sell many at all because of the complete uproar that $8 per armory was causing. This is a fairly common practice in business, sell more at a minimal cost in order to maximize your potential customer base. You have to keep in mind that their production costs aren't based on how many are made but rather simply based on the money that that is spent to create the product.

All they have to do is design, and then sell. If you were building wooden swingsets you would be better off selling fewer at a higher price in order to maximize profit (due to the cost of materials, and cost of creating each swingset).

Just because people work in the business section doesn't mean they know what they are talking about.
  12. Jaobigboy New Player

Ya same as before
    a chance at a random aura! Yerp bought 3 of em last time, spent $60 and nothing! Wanted plasmic aura and received nothing! Never again! You'll spend money and get a purple aura! Lol! Nope not gonna do it!
    • Like x 9
  13. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

Exactly it's a 30$ value at 20$ consisting of things that most people don't want or need other than replay badges and an aura. Not worth it at all in my opinion. Just a lame attempt to get people to waiste money on things they don't want or need. I never wanted a plastic aura anyways and certainly wouldn't spend 20$ just for a chance to maybe get one.
    • Like x 4
  14. GregDawe New Player

So does this mean, in total, we only get 1 aura from the box?
    Or we get 1 "normal" aura, and 1 "special" aura?
    And are these auras account bound? Rough spend if they aren't, being a temp offer.

Also, are these Aura Reward Boxes available any other way?
    600SC for the box alone? even 800SC...I feel you'd sell a few more as they are the most attractive thing in the bundle.
    Selling then cheaper, and on their own would lessen players reluctantcy to buy more than 1 bundle for more than 1 special aura.

I would rather spend 2400SC on 3 or 4 aura boxes than 2000 on 1 bundle.
    Or make it like the armories, 600SC for 1 box, 2000 SC for 4....you have less than 12 hours, make it happen
  15. Jaobigboy New Player

I co
    i completely agree with you on this! A lot of us have spent hundreds if not a grand since year one! And loyal to a fault, love the game! Put auras in da market place for $5 per and millions will buy them! Everything in the bundles I buy anyway Cept vault tickets ans scanners, we do miss the 50% off sales, I don't buy as much now with the 30% or 1/3rd off, not worth it to me, just my opinion guys!
    • Like x 4
  16. ReAni Mator New Player

Yh but this way some ppl get a fancy aura, it's random, so when you see one around you're like 'wow'! That's the reason I see as to why they are not put on the market place, so it's rare and random. I don't care enough about aura's, cc hoods, or kick me backs to get an opinion on the business motives behind it... :eek:
  17. Oel Em Well-Known Player

But it would still be equally rare and wow factorish if it was a limited time purchase. Example is the water skin during the spring event that can purchased in the market place only during the event. Or the batman inspired mask for those around at the hack (although I still wish this was account bound not character...but that is for a different thread).
  18. ReAni Mator New Player

Yh I get that, I read your post, and you're right that it would be a great option for those around at the time that want a rare and or specific aura.
  19. ReAni Mator New Player

I guess if bucketloads of players buy the aura they want though, which they would even if it's for a limited time, the 'wow' wouldn't be there at all. I still look twice when I see a plasmic aura. I doubt that would happen if every third player had one.
  20. GregDawe New Player

It would still have that effect. Just not immediately, as everyone online during this period will be used to it.
    They reckon the game is growing quickly.
    Give it 3-6 months after this gear is not available anymore, then the player whom have it will be a lot more spead out.
    Mainly in the T5(6?) range.
    • Like x 1