Downtime Server Downtime - April 14, 2022 - Dark Knights

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Episode 43: Dark Knights

PC, PS4, and Xbox worlds will be taken offline at 5:30AM PT on April 14, 2022, to launch Episode 43: Dark Knights. Downtime may last up to 8 hours.

Witness the thrilling conclusion to the entire multiverse to the Metal storyline. Visit Doomed Washington D.C. and the Source Wall, challenge Perpetua and the Dark Knights, and earn incredible new gear and rewards. This episode, like all episodes, will be free for all players.

The full update notes will be posted in the Live Update Notes subforum when available.

Note: The episode will launch on Nintendo Switch later this April.

Update: All worlds are now online.
    • Like x 17
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Watch as Washington D.C. turns into LA with smog!

LOL

I'm actually looking forward to this Episode. Two reasons, it ends the metal story and the new artifact. :D
    • Like x 9
  3. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

But what about bonus week?!?! Double Death Metal Marks?!?
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

This week has been so miserable I’m not sure I even want it. Please let there be no mechanics where a single idiot can kill the entire group. :(
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No bonus on launch weeks.
    • Like x 6
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

What?
    • Like x 1
  7. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I think the reference is towards something like one person using an orbital strike on the Anti-Monitor to cause a wipe lol.
    • Like x 4
  8. Leonite Well-Known Player

haha! who dropped the orbital strike? supply drop? /kick
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Oh, you know, like Mxy’s turrets or Anti-Monitor’s orbital. But don’t mind me, I’m just thinking aloud.
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Don’t forget Mxy’s turrets!
    • Like x 1
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Sorry, I feel like I'm in a brain fog. What does that have to do with this week, the downtime, wanting new content, or being miserable?
    • Like x 3
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Legion Of Doom is what, 4 months old? And people still haven’t learned not to do the things that wipe the group. So the thought of a new episode is somewhat daunting, for me at least. Especially since I’m pretty behind on LOD rewards due to abstaining from the alert and raid most of the time.
    • Like x 2
  13. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

Thanks for the announcement, Mepps. Can you tell us if future updates will increase zone content like doomed DC, or do we have to wait and see?
  14. Magnificent Loyal Player

The beatings will continue...

[IMG]

...until gameplay improves.
    • Like x 5
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Which never happens. The beatings are endless. :(
    • Like x 1
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Good news! Oh wait, never mind. Yes, there’s room wipers for doing things you shouldn’t or not blocking. Run pre mades or run event level. Pays out the same and if it’s like last dlc, drops catalysts too. Gear up via daily boxes and reg duo and just get coins and catalysts running event level. No reason to skip content. I was skipping the alerts but then just started running event if I had to pug a toon.
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

LFG is barely better than blind queues these days.
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeahhhhh. Hard to disagree there. It’s just a large pool of players that are overly confident I guess. Or a large pool of players hoping for the best and that they’ll pick up a top tier type. But at least most premades have a tank or healer or even both vs could be 4 dps in pug land. Which btw, won’t matter at all in event level. I get the fact it feels like playing in baby mode but it’s a guaranteed finish and on days where you’re just in it to get paid, that’s all that matters. And for alts, you’ll clean up on styles. If I get 3 boss drops, 90% of the time, I get a new style each time.
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Support roles weren’t the issue this episode, no amount of Healer helps when someone is going around disabling all the Mxy turrets. Rapid fire 180k hits for everyone! I miss the good old days, when people only killed themselves with their stupidity.
    • Like x 1
  20. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

You can turn all the turrets you want in event lol. Even speeds it up. We have 4 360 toons running it daily lately.