Screwed out of a TOM-bot

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gargamond, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Fruity Reaper New Player

Back to the topic and I think that if the only reason you subbed is to get one of these then I think Sony has been rather clever, it has managed to get cash from people it wouldn't have normally and still only rewarded those of us who are actually loyal rather than chancers.

Hats off to SOE for this one ;)
    • Like x 2
  2. Liongale Dedicated Player

Um... okay I have to say something on this.

It was a loyalty reward for subscribers. For being loyal to subscribing. You just subscribed for one month just to get the free gift. And you're puffing up your chest about being loyal.

Not that I mind you really wanting the toy, or any other purchases you make in the game, but come on. Can't you see the irony in what you're saying?
    • Like x 6
  3. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Well, sure I do. But it's not like I didn't pay the money. Nor is it the only time I have payed for legendary. It's the principle that a business would change their word; change an article on their website, to screw people out of something they ought to have. It's the opposite of what I would have expected from SOE. Some would argue that I'm not a loyal customer. I would argue that I AM a loyal customer.
  4. Fruity Reaper New Player

That would assume that a website is concrete and binding, not editable in about 2 seconds, personally I like the way they did this as it rewarded genuine customers and almost penalised those who wanted to cheat the system.

For those who don't know the meaning, see below as to why you are not considered a loyal customer my friend ;)

Loyal = Giving or showing firm and CONSTANT support or allegiance to a person or institution
    • Like x 2
  5. EPICQ New Player

You Sir is not loyal so stop! I been loyal since alpha stage of DCUO, 3 years strait, your thread angered me and many others because you tried to take from us, that are true to DCUO, very disrespectful to us vets and the FACT!!! you are mad because you feel you lost $15, you are mad because you are now legendary.... are you freaking serious!?
    • Like x 3
  6. Couzintony New Player

Loyal n respectful... I always end anything to them with some sort of "thank you n I appreciate all your hard work"
  7. Brice Allen Loyal Player

COMPLETELY OFF SUBJECT BUT...
    I can't stop laughing at your gif. Great now I have to find out which JCVD movie that is from and watch it today. You happy now? You are going to end up having me waste 90 minutes or so of my life today. :D
    • Like x 2
  8. Fruity Reaper New Player

haha thanks man but I am physically shocked that you could consider any 90 mins full of JCVD and his magnificent splits a waste, for shame man, for shame :p

(Its kickboxer btw)
  9. Little Sister New Player

[IMG]

That's my fav lol
    • Like x 4
  10. Poo New Player

OMG. Fruity Reaper's gif is killing me. I can't stop staring at it!!!
    • Like x 1
  11. Fruity Reaper New Player

I do apologise profusely to the community in general for inflicting JCVD and his awesomeness on what are some serious threads, the only thing I can do to make it up to everyone who is suffering is to tell you all ...

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  12. Couzintony New Player

Lolz though I love the gifs this has been gettin off topic...

I updated my ticket last night when I realized I still didn't have my tom-bot... As soon as I get an update from them I'll let you know..
  13. BigBadRon Well-Known Player

Having seen your answer to somebody else, I just thought I'd mention it so you didn't make another silly mistake.
  14. TheLoneLantern New Player

The OP misread the article.

It said that "as of December 17th, loyal legendary members would get access to TOM-bot." (this is when he is redeemable)
    To qualify as a "loyal legendary member, you need to have an active subscription from before December 10th."

Therefore, you do not qualify.
    • Like x 2
  15. Fruity Reaper New Player

Simple, effective, /thread.
    • Like x 1
  16. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Don't you think it was kind of sheistie of you to only go legendary for 1 month in order to get the trinket? Where I come from that's called skirting the system. And you're accusing SOE of being shady? It's a loyalty award not an "I just signed up just to get the reward" reward.
    • Like x 3
  17. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! He's entitled don't you understand that! Rules are for mooks! /sarcasm
    • Like x 3
  18. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

No, he can't. Like most of this community the OP believes they are entitled to everything. In fact, people like the OP want everything legendary subscribers get but they don't believe they should have to pay for it.
    • Like x 1
  19. The Sleet Well-Known Player

That is breakin'?
  20. Couzintony New Player

Darn I guess he's just gonna have to settle for the borin ol legendary perks that we all get....