Screwed out of a TOM-bot

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gargamond, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

Next year sub around Thanksgiving, this year take pride in the fact your supporting a game you love dearly, even though you won't get the free month because your already subbed. . . . Wow you got the shaft twice. Ouch! Thats gotta hurt, you thought you would get one over on SOE but nope not gonna happen.
    • Like x 1
  2. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Hey I appreciate any gifts, but I never got a servo even though I qualified. Tom is OK but servo is cooler. I get jel every time I hear his smart mouth popping off.
    • Like x 1
  3. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Negative on that.

This is what the article says, since it was changed:

All players with Legendary Memberships as of today, December 10th, 2013, have a special gift waiting for them, the TOM-Bot

This is what the article said originally before being changed on the night of the 17th:

All players with Legendary Memberships as of today, December 17th, 2013, have a special gift waiting for them, the TOM-Bot

If you check the date on the article, you will see it was published on the morning of December 17, and edited after 4 pm pacific. See the discrepancy? It was published the 17th, but the text of the article says "today, the 10th". I submitted my ticket at 1:42pm pacific. It may very well have been MY ticket that brought the discrepancy to SOE's attention. What do I get? Neither a "thank you", nor a TOM-bot.

Actually, I paid the bill, and according to the original article, I qualified for the trinket. It's SOE that is not abiding by UNWRITTEN rules that you don't change the article, you satisfy your customers. My entitlement is legitimate. I put $15.00 into SOE as a transaction to essentially purchase a trinket, just as I have done several times before. I call that loyalty.

For my entitlement to be illegitimate, I would have to be a free to play member, expecting the same perks as a legendary member. You're forgetting, I AM a legendary player.
  4. Gargamond Dedicated Player

See that? Here's another one from last year.
  5. RSL New Player

i think trying not to support the game but get the benefits as if you did is the grimy business.
    • Like x 2
  6. Liongale Dedicated Player

I recall an episode of South Park where Jimmy was making a joke and Cartman took credit, and believed he earned credit, just because he was there at the last minute. His mind was so twisted, that he saw an alternate reality that not only was he entitled credit, but that he was always owed credit. And slayed a dragon.

I think that's what's happening here. It's a facinating case of warped sense of reality, one where any sort of explanation or logic or rational realism will not reach, and I didn't think it was real until now.
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLoneLantern New Player

The article was not posted on December 10th...

Either way, you needed to be subbed before 12/10/13 to get the gift. Even if it was a typo on Mepps' part, you still didn't qualify for the gift, so tough luck.
    • Like x 3
  8. Little Sister New Player

idk what it's from. I meant it's my fav gif of him dancing, not fav movie lol
  9. Couzintony New Player

Lolz love it...
    So now they know... U can't take advantage of every thing..
    Its like buyin somethin on sale n tryin to get a refund for the actual price...
    • Like x 2
  10. The dark knight New Player

You don't really believe that, do you?^^
  11. Gargamond Dedicated Player

How am I not supporting the game? I paid my $15.00.

Ok, if you want to live in a cartoon world. Whatever floats your boat. The REALITY is that I paid the money, qualified for the original requirements, and got the shaft over 2 hours AFTER I submitted the ticket.

That's what I'm saying. The article was posted the morning of the 17th, and it originally said "If you Legendary... Today, the 17th... TOM-bot". Then, after 4pm, the article was EDITED to say "...today, December 10th...." What I'm saying is that I qualified for the trinket before 4pm pacific on the 17th, when the article was edited, AND I submitted a ticket BEFORE that time. My ticket wasn't answered until after 8pm that day, 4 hours after the edit.
  12. GrumpySnot New Player

If in fact his current legendary status is due to his money. Than they are wrong for not giving him either reward.... If he got a reward, thats different.
    • Like x 2
  13. Blazt Furnace New Player

Yes it is. Of course not to be confused with the also excellent Breakin 2 Electric Bogaloo.
  14. Hraesvelg Always Right

15. TheLoneLantern New Player

No, you're able to redeem the TOM-bot as of December 17th. The terms of this gift did NOT change internally, you wouldn't be able to get the trinket if you subbed after December 10th. You were not going to be eligible for the gift either way. It was a simple typo in the article by Mepps.

Also, do you have a time machine? Because, from how you're describing your situation, you saw the article before it was fixed (on the 17th), and went back in time to the 15th to sub so that you could get that TOM-bot. Amirite?

Otherwise, you would have subbed on the 15th, regardless of whether a gift was being given or not, and just hoping that you qualified for free stuff... Well, since you assumed back on Nov 15th that a gift was going to be given, you certainly took a long time to finally sub up. Tough luck, try again next year, and maybe don't procrastinate as long next time.
  16. SKAVANGER408 New Player

The bot is ok but I wouldn't sub just for it.
  17. Gargamond Dedicated Player

I like how you people like to come up with fictional stuff lol. Read the thread. I cited a thread that I wrote last month about this trinket. I projected I should sub on or around the 15th to get it. I subbed then. GU 32 launched. I went to the marketplace on the 17th to claim my trinket. It wasn't there. I checked the marketing site. There was an article written by I believe it was Spytle that said," legendary...as of today the 17th... TOM-bot". I submitted a ticket at 1:42pm PAC. 4:02 PAC, Spytle's article was edited. 8:30 pm that day, my ticket was answered. Good enough timeline for you? Do you want me to crayola a storyboard with construction paper and safety scissors, or is the adult version good enough for you?
    • Like x 2
  18. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Damn I was bang on with my prediction a few replies down :D

I, too, wanted this trinket. But it was just thrust upon us at the last minute well before anyone could decide whether or not they wanted a free month or an exclusive trinket. So I'm a bit angry at that. I can understand why they did it, though. Afterall, if they said "Oh you can either have a free month or a free trinket", I'm sure 100% of the cry babies on this forum would have dropped their precious subscription in a heartbeat in order to qualify for the free month, before returning to the forums at a later date, complaining about how Premiums and Free players don't support the game enough.

It's a shame, but I'll live and learn :( Subscription on the 30th of November 2014.
  19. RSL New Player

you know what they say about a fool and his money
  20. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I can also confirm 100% that the article originally said that if you were a subscriber on or before 12pm PST on the 17th of December, you were entitled to receive the TOM Bot. I commented on it in one of the posts and soon after it was changed to the 10th. When I saw the article, it hadn't reached 12pm PST on the 17th, so technically I would have still been allowed to receive it had I subscribed, which is why I queried it.
    • Like x 2