Scarlet Speedster MP1 Solo..

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SigmaAtom, Jan 28, 2020.

1. merrygoblin Well-Known Player

As others have said, the key thing on the Mirror Master fight is not to stand still - keep moving. I did it with a few of my alts, and they got through it. The Red Death fight at the end of the solo seemed easier to me than Mirror Master.

Speaking personally, though, I think that's not the real challenge of getting into the Metal 1 content. Once you've got through that solo, and get into Metal Gotham itself, you have to go rescue Commissioner Gordon before you can do any dailies - and that you have to do solo again. With a alt just high enough CR to get to Metal Gotham, I'd expect to die in there _at least_ once. There's one pinch point in there especially where they crowd in on you and its especially likely. Shields, sodas, health barrels and respawns (in no particular order) are your friend (but it's doable, and my alts go through that as well).

If you do need to go away and level up your CR before tackling the solo - and the Commish Gordon solo - you could do worse than the event content of Metal 2.
  2. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I remember this. you did, indeed, take a lot of stick.
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I have done it many times at various CR. Here is as the Red Hood at CR 268. Will check if I made a video at a lower CR.

The short answer is you could raise your CR using scaling gear.... not just from the Vault.... but also the gear you can get on Thanagar. You can also get scaling gear from various vendors.

The long answer play JLD missions and get the complete JLD vendor gear. But that will mean grinding the JLD missions to buy the full gear.

EDIT: Found and example at CR 264. ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. Pinky Well-Known Player

I had trouble with Mirrror Master as well with my Rage alt at 264 CR.
    Because Rage is mostly a melee power and you'll have to use ranged attacks to be successful in this fight.

How I got through:

I used range powers to attack the mirrors when they popped up and also to hit Mirror Master.

My power tray looked like this:
    1. Plasma Retch (use to initiate PIasma Burn for more damage)
    2. Dreadful Blast (range attack)
    3. Frenetic Bombardment (use this power and combo - range tap this for multiple range attacks)
    4. Eviscerating Chain (range pull to pull Mirror Master to you)
    5. Redirected Rage (shield)
    6. Berserk

Things to note:
    1) Key thing here is to get a feel for when the Speed Force Vortexes will pop under you and stop doing anything and be ready to roll out of the way when you anticipate a Speed Force Vortex popping under you.
    2) Use range powers listed above (Plasma Retch, Dreadful Blast, Frenetic Bombardment - mostly Frenetic Bombardment) to whittle down Mirror Master's health - use Eviscerating Chain to pull him to you and when he's at 35% health for extra damage
    3) Use Redirected Rage to shield yourself when you have excess power or when your health is low.
    4) Use soders / supply drop strategically so that you have one ready to use when the other is on cooldown. Normally I use a soder first, then supply drop, then soder in that order - as supply drop has a long cooldown

Hope this helps and good luck with the fight!
  5. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Here's a look into my private world, thank you all very much for the encouragement.. :)
    Please be respectful.. and most of all enjoy!

*(I am disabled, and in agony most of the time, I mention this not for any other reason but as you can hear me, breathing in pain, I thought well to make mention of it)
    * Filmed in 3K but YT has given it 'filmed with a toaster' treatment currently
    • Like x 4
  6. The Anxient Loyal Player

If your cr 264 you can still benefit from gear in jld, so you have other options besides slamming your head against the wall to get your cr higher.
    • Like x 1
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Pop 2-3 power then role. pop 2-3 power then roll. Wash rinse repeat. Do this and the portal will pop up where you were, not where you are. Stick n' move!
  8. Kestral Committed Player

The two boss' in this solo have the same fighting pattern required. Hit, Hit, dodgeroll and repeat until dead. It's a technically challenging instance that is not guaranteed a win based on CR.
  9. CandySlinger Active Player

Haven't seen it suggested yet, but pace yourself with what you drop so you have something always ready to use right after you break the mirrors and take his shield back down. My script is always orbital to start, break his shield, pet + supercharge, break his shield, supply drop. I can fit the barrel or cola as needed, but mostly don't let yourself get stuck in long animations and have a plan with where you will be moving when the vortex drops on you.
  10. Brit Loyal Player

If you are struggling with this fight as Nature, I'm going to give you some painful advice.

Run it in the Healer role.

It will be slow. It will feel tedious. But you will be able to out-heal any damage output from Mirror Master, and while getting animation locked when the near machine-gun speed portals open underneath you will still drop you to half life within a second, after you roll out, it is a barely a second or two and your HoTs have restored your health.

It does mean that you're playing with a Healer rotation and killing Mirror Master exclusively with your weapon combos. And that is going to take forever. But you will be basically immune to death as a Healer, trading speed for survivability.

Most solos and duos, if there are any problems at all, you can solve them by running in your support role. It means that everything goes slower, but it basically eliminates risk of failure.
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

You got there in the end, man. At least now you can choose to never run it again and just focus on the open world dailies.
    • Like x 2
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

My cr skipping fire tank can vouch for this method.
    I always do. :(
  13. Irvynnge Loyal Player

yup. 'swhat I did. did it the once, got it out of the way, & I ain't going back in there until I can steamroll that nonsense flat.
    • Like x 1
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I hope the developers watch your video and have a serious think about who they allow to set the standards for certain content. The fact you had to go through all that just to get access to the open world missions is just awful. This game is supposed to be for everyone.
    • Like x 3
  15. SigmaAtom Committed Player

The video is now processed by YT for 2K @60FPS guys. Do try to give it a watch and possibly a like for the effort of uploading (which took ages)

Hi Brit.. This was as a Red Lantern/RL, Nature Sigma has already done this and is 272.

Now I just need to do it again with.. Green Lantern and Quantum
    In particular, so glad I have already done this in the event for Celestial.. as Celestial takes ages to do anything.

Thanks to Pinky and Magneto for their details posts.. but by then I was already waiting for the video to upload and process.

I *may* come back with a video for GL and QDPS.. sharing how that will go.. I am not looking forward to GL in that solo. But maybe just run around doing Spikequake .. idk..
  16. L T Devoted Player

Try running as a tank. It will take forever but you can restore your health some.

At low cr I wouldn't recommend berserk in this fight. You won't get much of its benefits because you can't spend the whole duration beating on mirror master.

Try the iconic pheromone bloom, which does a small Burst of damage and heals you. Or hard light shield along with redirected rage could keep you on your feet while your soda is on cool down.

Good luck!
  17. kingmasternova Loyal Player

imo they should decrease the difficulty it's harder then the duo of the MP2. People then able to solo it since day 1
    • Like x 1
  18. Mazahs Loyal Player

Hey Sigma!
    I'm glad you were able to get thru it, that solo is one of the harder ones at beginning level. Loved your comment "I fought Nekron, and that was easier than this!"

Watching the boss fights I noticed something you didn't PVP them. which was surprising especially since you mention tanking Nekron.
    For example on MM he'd go into full auto and you'd either block (sometimes a vortex would come up) or run and take damage. Lunge him and then unload until you need to move. Same with Red Death, a couple of times you countered him to his butt and didn't atttack.
    It makes both of these fights much easier and faster

just my .02
    • Like x 1
  19. Brother Allen Loyal Player

So I watched you attempt the boss a couple times and I want to recommend the following load out for you man.

Galling Eruption, Severe Punishment, Outrage, Mangle, Eviscerating Chain, and Berserk.

Make sure you are right on top of Mirror Master when you pop Galling Eruption and clip it with Severe Punishment and clip Severe Punishment with Berserk. Then do Outrage, tap, tap, hold. Make sure you do the 2 tap version and not the 1 tap version like I saw you do a couple times in the video. On the hold part of Outrage clip it with Mangle. If you are in the middle of Mangle and a portal comes up on you or it is time to cancel your rage crash, weapon tap out of Mangle as it will cancel the power and roll out of the portal or hit Eviscerating Chain and hold for the slice combo as this does good damage and prevents rage crash. Once a portal goes away or Mirror Master moves away from it jump right back into Mirror Masters face and repeat what I just told you. Don't hesitate to use a soda if need be to stay alive and you can also pop a supply drop while you are waiting for a portal to go away to build up health before you jump right back into Mirror Masters face.

I will note that I am not 100% sure this will work for you because of your Artifacts as mine were all 120-160 at the time this solo was released and I was using Scrap, Gemini, and Tetra. But it is worth a shot. I hope it helps you man and you are successful.
  20. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Thanks BA :) .. I have already completed it.. so you must've not got to the end hehe @ video

Erm.. my loadout is Rage Crash free.. I only deal with healing-in powers hence my loadout.