Scarlet Speedster MP1 Solo..

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SigmaAtom, Jan 28, 2020.

1. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Hi

So I just hit 264 on my RL.. I go to Metal Gotham.. it tells me I need to do the solo first before I can collect any OW mission/earn any gear. Okay, I Q up. Go in, do the mobs part.. then I hit Mirror Master. I die*. I check the recommended CR and its 270.

Now this isn't my first rodeo.. I have completed this solo many times, with higher CR or during the event.

I'm pretty much insta dying when a gold portal opens (down to 10% health).. I have my cola, the barrell, my supply drop and Blossom.. so I can go 3 to 4 times doing this.. but a portal opens every 10 seconds or so..

What am I to do at this CR?

Wait it out for Vault gear drops?

How am I meant to get the higher gear when the recommended is 6 CR higher for the entry into the content? :confused:

it seems circular to me..

---
    * I tried 3 times.. pretty much identical attempts.
    • Like x 1
  2. L T Devoted Player

Yeah it's a lot harder when you're down a few cr.

Also, depends on your power a lot. If you're water or sorcery, build up some supercharge and hit him with Dehydrate or Polymorph. Whichever power you are use 2 shields and try to have one up constantly.
    • Like x 2
  3. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Yeah I had Infuriate (Red Lantern).. but I'll defo try with shields + different SC.. thanks for the tip!
  4. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Avoid speed vortexes during boss fights at all cost.
    • Like x 5
  5. Eve YouTuber

What I usually do I keep moving and rolling and make sure I don't use powers with long animations so I don't get stuck.
    Yes that solo sucks but I get through it if I just keep moving around and take advantage of my cola, shield, white mod that gives me a temporary shield If I use my weapon, health barrel, etc. On my main I finish it fast with no issues mostly, cause I do enough damage to finish both bosses. (Nature for life) anyway, It's just a matter of not standing in one place and letting it consume your health.

Hope it helps.
    • Like x 3
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The mysterious force’s speed force overload damage scales to your maximum health so it shouldn’t be killing you instantly.
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

If you are Rage, go into the boss fight with full Berserk. As long as you have a solid rotation you should be able to nuke him into oblivion before you die.
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Mobility is key in this fight. When the Nature character I used the CR skip on got into that solo at CR264 I died the first time at that fight because I was stuck in animations that didn't leave me with much mobility. Try and feel out the timer. When you know another vortex is due soon try switching to weapon attacks or abilities that have quick animations so you can keep jumping around to get away from the vortex.
    • Like x 2
  9. SigmaAtom Committed Player

I tried this with no avail. thanks anyway

I have been trying now for an hour.. death after death.. I guess it'll be the vault gear boxes for my Red Lantern.. the speed votrexes are just eating through my health..

Q: how long does it take to call a supply drop and get health?
    A: longer than it takes a speed vortex to appear! :D hehe.. man.. this instance needs gimped.. not so much Mirror Master.. but those vortices are OP imho.

guess I can't play on my RL now :(
    • Like x 1
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Try a different strategy like maybe respeccing all your SP to your weapon or something and focusing on putting DoT abilities to supplement your weapon damage so that you can continually be running around the arena, and maybe use Severe Punishment and Remorseless Recovery to give yourself some healing too (but don't forget an ability to cancel Rage Crash - Eviscerating Chain would probably be the quickest option).
    • Like x 1
  11. SigmaAtom Committed Player

I tried this very method ^ :D.. man.. thanks anyways Jafin
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

this whole solo is a mess.
    • Like x 3
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Haha ok no worries. Hopefully you'll get some gear that'll help you soon!
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Stay away from channeled powers, getting caught in one while the portal opens (even if you jump out of it) will bang your health pretty good. Stick to quick hitting powers (on fire I like Flame Cascade...not sure on Rage) or weapon attacks. Block and roll out works best for me if I get caught in a portal (you only have about 1 second to get out before it goes 'gold' and does damage). Lunging at him will also quickly get you out, but if he advances on you, you won't move far enough. And the portals open even quicker than that...maybe 4-5 seconds. It sucks, but dying enough should get you pretty familiar with the rhythm. I know when I was running it daily I'd get to a point where I'd be rolling out just as the portal was about to spawn and I'd never get hit by them at all. Unless you are very-very low on SP/Artis, even at entry level this should be pretty doable. I've got a farming toon that is 265 has about 80SP and only 1 arti at 120 and he can get it done pretty easy.

One other trick I employ when faced with a squishy toon in here, when you know a vortex is coming, block. As soon as it appears, roll out and pop a heavy power shot and a weapon hit or 2, then block again and wait for the next one. The burn will be slower, but you won't get caught in a vortex, and it will give your soda time to cool down for another use.

And yes, putting this solo BEFORE you can enter Metal 1 was an error in judgement IMHO. Once the event version was closed it really slammed the door on getting in there for some. They should have made it just require going into the solo...pass or fail, although I get that they want you to see the cutscenes to experience the story in proper order.

There's no way around it...to get it done at 264, you need to stay out of, or get out of quick...the portals. Same for Red Death, but his seem easier to dodge? Maybe that's just me.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  15. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Out of curiosity Sigma, what rotation are you using? Not trying to critique you or talk down to you in any way just curious if maybe I can help you pump out a little bit higher pew pew to get through this.
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

The damage of the portal is based on health % so ur cr doesnt matter there at all, u just have to avoid the portal, before the portal spawns u will see some speedster lightning on the ground, just roll out the way.
    • Like x 2
  17. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

To offer some help I need some information. What gear. What artifacts. What augments. Sp
  18. Mazahs Loyal Player

This one can be a bit rough at lower cr.
    I found it to be easier to have a personal shield in loadout if I got popped by a vortex.

Throw everything you have at him like Brother Allen said right off the bat. I saved my supply drop
    and just block and roll when you see them starting to appear.
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I tried to warn the developers this scenario could happen but got the usual “shut up noob” from the usual suspects. Even Mepps joined in that time.
    • Like x 2
  20. Gucciana Committed Player

alright this solo is tough but as long as ya know how to block and roll its actually really easy
    as soon as you see the portal form under your feet you block and roll hit him with a ranged power untill he moves away from the portal
    then jump bacl at him till you see it forming again under your feet the block and roll away again and rinse and repeat dont forget to take his mirrors out
    • Like x 1