Test Discussion Save the Universe 2023

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Jul 28, 2023.

1. OdieBadger Well-Known Player

If the old STU missions are ones for the new STU 3. Then run missions just for currency and nothing else. Save currency for STU 4. Will be something until new DLC drops. And we don’t know when that will be. I would like to see Survival Mode if they want to rehash old missions. At least then the community would have access to SM vendor. Lol. Don’t understand why that vendor can’t be permanent anyway. Selling SM items would make money. And that’s what it’s all about anyway. I have a lot to Green Lantern stuff to buy. You could always update the vendor and add more Lantern items.
  2. SilkyPawz Bunny

Some people seem to forget this is an Event it is not a DLC, the elite version should not be the same as like TT Elite or end game elite raids.

KCT Elite took on average 12-15 when I ran it last year and finished my elite raid feats for STU, same as with Themyscira Divided alert several of my league mates finished their elite alert feats by running that again the health should be slightly adjusted, you want people to run the event not alienate them.
    • Like x 6
  3. SilkyPawz Bunny

This does need to be looked at and adjusted.
    • Like x 3
  4. Proxystar #Perception

I agree, it needs the challenge, but let's not go overboard right , it is an event :)
    • Like x 4
  5. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Well firstly, if you had run the content on test I feel that you would know this opinion holds less merit. Secondly, I was not aware that Save the Universe was designed with the sole goal in mind that your leaguemates must be able to complete all their feats? Also you cannot have a baseline for elite difficulty when the actual raid itself determines that. You say KCTe was nice and quick for your raid farming feats but we've also had raids like Throne of the Dead and Darkseid War Factory, both a stark difference from KCTe in both content structure and difficulty. Save the Universe is a recurring event, could you tell me Pawz where does is say that players like your leaguemates have to complete 250 raids or 50 elite raids all within 1 season of Save the Universe? is this not a recurring event?

The funny part is you cannot even say well Obsidian stop gatekeeping and asking for elite overtuning when i'm simply asking for existing precedents to be adhered to. Or are you going to try and justify to me that CR394 npcs are intended when Min CR385 and Suggest CR391 is the baseline?

/see you on test? maybe
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

I think she was just meaning generally, at the moment it's not working as intended, obviously, but when they are correctly upscaled then the content shouldn't be more difficult than the existing elite content and it shouldn't be more difficult than when that specific content being upscaled was relevant right? We're not trying to make GOM-E for example more difficult in STU than it was when it was relevant the first time, same with FOA.

The only ones that are a bit hit and miss are those where elite never existed prior, I suspect that's why a few are duplicates, they require less work, it's just a case of scaling it all up.
    • Like x 2
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Personally, I don't view it as a generalization and I also assume i'll find the same posters defending it as such :p. How can you subjectively compare the difficulty of GOM-E from 2016 and FOA-E from 2019 to now? You just set the damage scaling the same as it is now. The CR values for this season are the same as Shock the Universe, and while rewards haven't been announced I would highly wager we aren't getting a new gearset. Also Shock the Universe has been out 3+ months with double and triple mark weeks so there has been plenty of time to gear characters. At the time of this comment there are 42,535 characters 400CR+.

I feel your friend believes Save the Universe should just be mindless content like a seasonal that the community is just supposed to farm for feats instead of what it is actually supposed to be, which was upscaling old content to current end game tier to revisit classic content that otherwise most of the playerbase hasn't run because of skipping those CR levels. Or perhaps you and your friend would like to debate DCUO's own wording of Save the Universe? I feel the term "latest end-game challenge" is pretty clear

[IMG]

This isn't turning StU into SM or Elite Plus lol this is taking an older raid, putting it at current CR and having whatever difficulties that arise along the way. Or should we just nerf the Phoenix's in GOM so they don't heal? Or how about just nerf all the lava damage on first boss so it doesn't kill anyone? Or make it so you don't have to line up for the WW lighting? In FOA lets just make the seekers in the book room not kill anyone to make that super easy, lets strip the DOT from Fate's totems. Then farming all those feats will be really easy for your friend and others.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Nah, you're putting words into my mouth lol ;)

That's why I explicitly said not harder than when it was relevant.

So GOM-E for example should feel like it did when it was relevant, that's part of the re-experiencing it.

It's upscaled to end game relevancy so it feels new again, you're right it's not about making it survival mode or elite+ which was kind of also my point.

You don't need to worry I'm not asking for it to be made easy lol, so relax, I'm just also not asking for it to be upscaled to TSWE+ and it would seem given your posts you'd agree.

If the upscaling is done right then the challenge should feel the same as it did first time around, obviously however we're never going to have the original challenge for those of us that were there though because we already know the raids.
    • Like x 2
  9. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

"health should be slightly adjusted" doesn't seem to fit that criteria now doesn't it :p

I've mentioned it in my videos regarding content scaling but its alot easier to making something difficult first then scale down the damage and mechanics than slowing increasing aspects of the content over multiple updates in an already short testing window. We run into SM Season 3 situation on the forums where it was clearly under-tuned on test but all the community saw was the attempts to make it harder. Considering the fact that the CR levels should have been set the same on release all this discussion about wanting it easier just to be farmable and not "alienate" the feat farmers is moot.
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

I think we're possibly talking at cross purposes here Chill, I'm not saying I disagree with scaling up it so the CRs of the enemies match the current ones, that's entirely understandable. I'm also not saying it needs to be farmable for the feats, I don't even care about the feats.

Im just after consistency in difficulty, we know what GOMe was like when it was relevant right, we know what the duo and alert were like last time, we've got plenty of historical data available indicating how difficult these instances should be :)

The only point I was making is that the instances don't need to exceed their historical difficulties, does that make sense?

They're not more difficult now that we're CR414 than they were when they were either last relevant or even last scaled, they're in parity with it.

You're not creating an entirely new challenge, you're refreshing an old one. StU has typically been pretty consistent on that front, but then again we do both know what happened with Ares on TOtD don't we when it was overtuned, that's what I'm personally wanting to avoid.
    • Like x 2
  11. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

If we are basing it off historical difficulties then I feel we are still underselling the potential of these 2 raids chosen. Not many may recall that content at tier but there was plenty of players caught in the lava fields in GOMe 1st boss and plenty of groups struggled with the concept of separating the bosses, especially the proximity agro of the Phoenix's. For FoAE 1st boss disbanded PLENTY of pug groups not knowing how to properly deal with those mechanics and damage of the aoe pools in addition to the running in the book rooms dying to the seekers and no one there to get the rez.

If they correct the CR scaling I do believe those raids will already be a sufficient challenge for StU. I don't agree with recycling the duo and the alert, and I feel the devs must address that point. Both Pub Crawl and Rising Hades I feel are poor choices for content to bring back due to the numerous cutscene's and forced delayed content.
    • Like x 2
  12. Eve YouTuber

I don't think it needs to be on the level on elite plus or anything like that. However you can't plastered elite over it and not give it the proper scaling which is what I reported aswell. If me as a hella casual player saying it was too easy, it does show it needs some tweaking. And not in a major way, just scaling the damage/health and removing barrels. I don't think it was ready for live either way so good thing it's on test. The feedback is for the devs too. They did ask for feedback on the difficulty.
    • Like x 3
  13. SilkyPawz Bunny

Hi OC,

WoW thank you for quoting me and thank you for assuming things that I did not say, my my my how touchy certain people get when it comes to elite ;)

Let me just stop you right there before you start thinking I haven't been on test because I have and ran the elite Duo and as you see in my post I said it does need to be slightly adjusted, I never said it had to be easy, soo whoa there Horsey lol

I said I finished up my Elite Raid Feats but it wasn't solely on just KCTe, I did run TOTD Elite and let me also inform you that I know people from your FAMI league that farmed and glitched the Robot in Batcave Inner Sanctum, so when you sit here and try and bait me about elite content, if you think it has to be at a certain level then why do people need to exploit and glitch it??

BTW it wasn't just my league mates that ran TD lots and I mean lots of people farmed that Alert in 2021, I however did not, I pick and choose what I want to run or not run, you also want to have an event that as reccurring shouldn't also have the same events again and again and lastly you should make if fun for everyone and that everyone should WANT TO RUN IT!

As far as gate keeping ...my response >> LOL (when someone assumes or reads to much into a post) :p
    • Like x 3
  14. Lissybun New Player

I am trying to log into test server but it keeps crashing. :(
  15. Eve YouTuber

Crashing when? Are you able to get past character select? Try validating files\check if your firewall is blocking test server.
  16. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Wow so you were on test, I would never have known. I appreciate the very valuable feedback you left "health should be slightly adjusted"

happy testing.
    • Like x 1
  17. SilkyPawz Bunny

Thank you so much for appreciating all the testing I did!
    • Like x 3
  18. Proxystar #Perception

I'm not sure hitting near or around the same difficulty level of original is underselling their potential. Remember, Justice League Dark nearly won favorite DLC of all time

So I think FoAE has a pretty good chance of being enjoyable even if it's the same as when it was current, no more, no less. As for the recycled stuff, I share the disappointment when things get recycled, but I've also come to expect it. It's probably been done due to time constraints which is why I was merely wondering in my very first post in this thread, not really complaining :)
    • Like x 1
  19. Maxwill Dedicated Player

REQUEST : Pretty please, can we get an Ally Favour Cache which contains 33k Ally Favour for 100 Grains of Time? <3
    The 5k ally favour cache is nice, but the 33k ally favour cache will be awesome ! :)
    • Like x 4
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The feat was tough at level, somewhat tough but doable by most when 1 DLC old and easy by the time it was two DLC's old. I haven't helped anyone with it since the clamp clamp but going by how content is clamped compared to when current or even recent, I can't imagine it's a tough feat for decent players.

There IS some strategy to it both in how people set up the group and loadouts as well as in combat. So if you're trynna go in with randoms or just a normal alert setup like you would run any normal alert you might have problems. Also, like everything else in DC, you can have some bad luck (sometimes he goes to pool to heal early) so you might have to wipe a few times. But it's gotta be monumentally easier now vs. when current.