Roleless Buff is now an exploit

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Yochanan32, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Thanks a lot for posting this in the bug-section.
    Nowhere else would we have been able to express our disagreement with your post with a thumbs down. :rolleyes:

Oh, and btw:
    Healer main-role here speaking.

The role-less buffs were not introduced without a reason. The majority of the Population still plays as DPS and a lot of them don't have a clue about their second role. (Lack of tutorials is the main problem here, not just lack of skill or interest)
    If they find another way for people to do the content, if they are dependend on pugging, then fine. But just taking away the buff because you don't like it, doesn't make any sense.
    • Like x 4
  2. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

getting rusty at healing. wait it takes skill to heal.. :eek:
    • Like x 3
  3. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

i love the idea of killing off roles (keep at it DC), the trollers are next to go then next thing you know DPS Universe Online. Where unlike other MMO's we have removed difficulty, roles, and all excitement to our pve content. We exploit power respec tokens, replay badges and the DC brand to make money and what started off as a buggy but fun game will now be stripped of all natural resources until it is Angry Birds casual. i was in the room when mepps and the Legion of doom said this :(
    • Like x 3
  4. Zim New Player

Thumbs up just because of your signature. Made me lol.
    • Like x 1
  5. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

Your assumption here is that I don't like it. You are wrong. I too have enjoyed its benefits. But when it is used to exclude people its wrong. I would also complain about tanks being left out or trollers being left out. It is alsonot an attack on the developers. This was to bring a problem a misuse which causes problems. If you don't like it then please vote down. If you think its a problem then please vote up.
    • Like x 1
  6. Pandora Demon New Player

Play all roles? I do, but I'm pretty sure you can't do that on one character without spending money/loyalties. I also don't think people like to have that slow grind at the beginning, and what if they've already played that role and do not like it? Also, stop saying adapt, we do adapt. The people that are not adapt to the simplest things like: New tier, New grind, New missions, and etc. But they cannot adapt to the New grind because they can't complete it because they're being excluded. I even remember when people got pissed about the New marks, and Marks of Triumph...that's something to shove: Just shut-up and adapt, bro. in there face
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I've thought leaving other roles out...ahem tank...was a problem for a long time. The role-less buffs are not necessarily the cause. They factor in, but the main problem is how the content is designed; content tends to be designed that allows for certain roles to be left out without enough consequences to the group.

It is incredibly frustrating to me to see so many of these threads now when tanks were left out since I've started playing this game, and the community did not make nearly the issue out of that as healers being left out now. Why are healers placed on a pedestal more so than tanks? Why didn't you create this thread before Tier 6 came out?
    • Like x 3
  8. Lightws Dedicated Player

That would be because they didn't care about tanks being left out. The tank problem got so bad finding one for anything was a issue. Almost as a bad as the newest Controller problem. However now you only really need 1 Controller. Still when AnB first came out finding Controllers was harsh. But people still didn't care then until its there role being excluded. Now they can try to exclude DPS by all means if you want to stay in something for more then a hour its completely your choice. The reason this thread shouldn't be here is not because role-less buffs are a exploit or anything like that. It shouldn't be here because this set up is literally the communities choice. I made it and it went on youtube and you personally chose to keep the set up running. Is there a fault to this? not really this was purely a choice made by the community. Again I only made the set up because at the time the health was still bugged and it took maybe 60 minutes to do the alert with a healer and after this set up it only took 20 minutes. So logically it was better by far. So don't blame anyone but yourselves for keeping it in motion.
  9. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

I think it could possibly be because there are just more of them. I often wondered the same thing. The people complaining about being left out, were the same people excluding tanks from their alert runs. It's funny how these things work. When it's not your role, no one cares, but when it impacts you, oh no, the sky is falling. Stop the press! DEVS DO SOMETHING!

As others have stated, the healing buff you get from not having a healer in your group is minimal, and is not something a good group will rely on. I can guarantee you, that if these buffs were taken out, my league would still be running the same set up.

People stating not taking a healer saves 5 minutes? Yeah no. We're running this alert in under 10 minutes now. I have 5 toons I run through this alert. I do not want to be in there for 30 minutes when I can run it in 10.
    • Like x 3
  10. Lightws Dedicated Player

Thank you Britteny.
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Locked. Not a bug report.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.