Roleless Buff is now an exploit

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Yochanan32, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

How come every time this is brought up or any thread with thus subject matter is brought up about making 1111 or including all roles in the alerts the opponents come to the threads and get them off topic to the point where the thread is in jeopardy of being taken down for non constructive and off topic?

I agree anything we can do to make 1111 groups mire viable and less of a chore interns of length if the alert/raid would be nice
    • Like x 3
  2. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

If the devs take the buffs out pugs will suffer. The next dlc and all the others after will have more than 1 alert 2duos and 2 challenges, so the buffs won't come up again, just let it be. SOE solution 9/10 times will do more harm than good. We having this argument like the buffs were added u36 or is on the test, the buffs have been in the game more than 2 years.
    • Like x 5
  3. Ice Lantern New Player

Have you seen Spytle's response to a thread about people performing their roles? The playerbase isn't getting any better and the devs aren't helping the cause either.
    • Like x 3
  4. MrMigraine Devoted Player

From Spytle earlier today, concerning this very topic. He was asked if removing the Buff was an option, and responded:

• Like x 2
  5. Flightboy New Player

Dude.... Don't even get me started. I'm dumb founded by this... My faith is going away bro... Like seriously W.......T.......F.......
    • Like x 1
  6. Flightboy New Player

Migraine, I know how considerate and thoughtful you are on here and in game, but I just don't understand the thought process of some people. Yes, we as a community, pick and chose what the "FOTM" is, but I ask you your thoughts on why the dev team would let this alert come off of test without making small adjustments like the healing crystals everywhere, zero real splash damage from NPCs, etc etc?

It's almost like the testers told them and it was completely ignored I dunno brother it puts a bad taste in my mouth to say the least. Not to mention people trying to assist in the disillusionment with the team buff conversations going on... /endvent
  7. TheLoneLantern New Player

If the role buffs are an exploit, then soder cola nexts, supply drops, and sidekicks are hacking.

Take off the blinders and see what the real culprit of these no-healer runs are instead of using the role buffs as a scapegoat.
    • Like x 3
  8. Jay1324owl New Player

I am a great healer myself and a great DPS but I do find it very unfair that they are doing this in the DLC but just get with the move and just go DPS for the damn alert. Like for real its no that hard to become a DPS and just beast in it. I still love the role-less buff, it just brings 2 DPS a troll and a tank or just 3 DPS and a troll depending how good you are. But everyone that didn't want the healer just remember that the raid will come soon and everyone will want a healer back and that is when you will have the chance to shine again and remember when they didn't need you at all. Just shine healers when the time comes but I don't care if I run with a heal.The best thing being a healer you can just change your role to DPS and if they need a heal just go to heal side....that is exactly what I do....Im done with this convo and if you need any healing tips the just message me
    • Like x 1
  9. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

These will never go away, look at trigon for example or even FAM or BIA. If those buffs went away. A random pugs will die even faster while an experience player will burn through everything making it faster for them to get their marks.
    • Like x 4
  10. TheLoneLantern New Player

The OP thumb'd down Aqua and my post, yet thumb'd up Jay's. It seems he has no clue what he's talking about.
    • Like x 3
  11. Flightboy New Player

Man. it's worse than talking to a brick wall it seems...
  12. Heartsbane Committed Player

I regularly complete TD in the 1-1-1-1 setup in under 30 minutes. In fact, omitting a role has only really shortned by maybe 5 minutes. And it can actually add a lot of time at the last boss.
    • Like x 2
  13. ThatGuyLee Committed Player

Im still not getting why this is even up for debate
    • Like x 1
  14. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Kaylee: So how come you don't care where you're going?
    Book: 'Cause how you get there's the worthier part.

Believe it or not, this is still a pretty young game. After three years, the devs are still struggling with engineering and balance. The playerbase presents just as many problems as the PS3 does and in order to combat the problems they see, I think they're still experimenting with what works and what doesn't.

I believe that some of the tactics they used in DLC10 (unattuned drops, a small CR jump, mobs and bosses with loads of health, fewer but more varied solo missions) are simply more attempts to 'feel us out'. They have the metrics - they know how many people are playing these instances (and Replaying them for that matter) - and they'll adjust future content not only based on what we say but what we do. They're trying to find our sweet spot ... and the only way to do that (with the limitations caused by budget and time concerns) is for them to poke around in some unfamiliar areas.

You ask why they didn't fix the stuff even after the Test Server folks asked for changes ... my best guess is that the devs wanted to see how the entire playerbase would react to what was presented. And those reactions will inform them on into the future.

I think the makers of this game have a long game plan. And I truly believe that they're aiming for the best game they can make. Yes, we will probably continue to have short three or four-month eras where the balance shifts, but I think that's part and parcel of what creative people do. The constant promise/threat of CHANGE is what makes MMOs exciting.

But that's just me. For me, it's not about the destination. It's about the journey. And I'm having a good time, day-in and day-out. :)
    • Like x 3
  15. Flightboy New Player

Thanks for your post Migraine as always! :) Why this guy gets paid the big bucks! :D
  16. Pandora Demon New Player

Why would they start complaining now? Because this is the only DLC with a new tier that doesn't have a raid, but introduces a new tier. Why do they not want to conform? Multiple reasons like: Likes healing, doesn't want to be oppressed, wants to play their way. Technically, they aren't fighting for healers, but they want 1-1-1-1 instances which means: they are also are fighting for all roles even Tanks. Also 1-1-1-1 instances can go faster than Max DPS runs. How? Since DPS's is the role with the least survivability, DPS's will be Kiting, Dying, Rolling, etc. With 1-1-1-1 groups: all roles can do Damage, and if they want to become their Battle roles, they can do even more Damage. Also, Tanks do get the short end of the stick on not getting into instances, but remember: healers get it, too. How? It's been happening for a long time...Solo-Healing. They kick out a Healer for a DPS which now puts Healers with Tanks. When it's intended to have 2 of each role, they remove a tank, and leaves 3-2-2-1, then they kick out a healer, and it becomes 4-2-1-1. So, Tanks and Healers it's been going on for years.
    • Like x 2
  17. Flightboy New Player

Try shortened by 17 minutes then you are more in the right ballpark ;)
    • Like x 1
  18. Ice Lantern New Player

It typically shaves at least 10 mins off for me when I pug a DPS (barring disconnects) and even more if I know the DPS. Add to that the fact that it usually takes me less time to find a DPS than a healer when I pug.
    • Like x 1
  19. Captain Neos Committed Player

As damage is also a role its funny that we dont get a damage buff in the absence of a dps. How many no dps runs would we have?
    • Like x 2
  20. Lightws Dedicated Player

It's funny that the raid aspect was brought up. Let me inform you that tanks themselves kicked 2nd tanks out because it wasn't logical. Back up healers were kicked out because it just wasn't necessary to have 2 of them when one was great. Logically the way the game runs tends to lean more towards dps. Because it speeds up the ability to get runs started also it speeds the run up in-general. You are also missing the new raid format that is possible due to weapon mastery and that is 1-1-1-5 although you don't even necessarily need a tank and a healer together having them doesn't hurt. But that has nothing to do with the reason the 1-2-1 was created and I have already stated why I created. Complaining over the format wont make you get into a run faster so just adapt. Is it really that hard to learn another role? I play all the roles flawlessly but you don't see me complaining. Solo trolling is probably the most fun role in raids especially in AnB but I main DPS. I even tank on numerous occasions so if i can do every role so can you. There's no reason to complain anymore just close the thread and learn how to adapt.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.