Roleless Buff is now an exploit

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Yochanan32, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

Devs,

What was a good intention has become a game exploit. in DLC 10, TD is commonly run without healers and many DPS don't think they need the role for alerts. I believe its time to restore the need for all roles in alerts and all areas. Please consider because a role is regularly excluded from participating in the game. By the way, I play a DPS and a troller not a healer. I just see it as wrong.
    • Like x 11
  2. Notangie New Player

Healers are switching to dps so they can get in groups. Playing a role they're bad at and getting rusty in their intended specialty.
    • Like x 12
  3. Ice Lantern New Player

How come this wasn't an "exploit" when tanks were being left out of alerts?
    • Like x 33
  4. Flightboy New Player

Or they could buff the damage NPCs/Bosses do... I mean let's actually give the devs some credit here. If it wasn't for the pillow hands they currently have healers would actually be viable in there...
    • Like x 4
  5. Flightboy New Player

Interesting, all healer power set people I know excel in both their healing role and damage role as well... We are into the sixth tier of the almost 4th year of the game... I highly doubt healers are getting rusty because they may have to DPS one 4 man instance... o_O
    • Like x 4
  6. Ice Lantern New Player

Sorry to say but I think you are overestimating the general player population here.
    • Like x 8
  7. Flightboy New Player

You're probably right IL, but I'd like to hope people are learning their entire power before end game content. This one trick pony stuff isn't good IMO especially for end game content...

I digress, the game in it's current state doesn't require much knowledge of the game or mechanics to complete it.... So, these types will be good to go for a while and true colors will be shown when Survival Mode is released...
    • Like x 2
  8. Epic Fail New Player

@ Flightboy

Until they nerf survival mode because "not enough people can complete it".

Nexus and Dox anyone? LOL
    • Like x 3
  9. Epic Fail New Player

Buff the NPC's damage output (increasing the difficulty) or this will continue.

Its not even roleless buffs that cause healers to be excluded. The healer roleless buff is next to worthless, you can hold block when below 30% health to regenerate it. Really? Who ever used that?

All you CoD-style players that's been asking for any kind of nerfs for content? This is a side effect. We're already overgeared for this T6 alert with only T5 gear, so we don't need all the roles to complete it - actually, its faster to omit one intentionally.

But of course.... When a player asks for a challenge, gets one, and discovers hes actually a terrible player and cant finish the content (OC DLC?) what will they do? Go back here and ask for a nerf. Some two-face fans in these forums, for real.....
    • Like x 3
  10. Flightboy New Player

Shhhhhhhh LOL! I'm hoping they really put a lock on Survival Mode and simply say in a respectful way to get better because they are not nerfing it.

Unfortunately, I think you are right.................................................
    • Like x 3
  11. Epic Fail New Player

Im sure SOE will bend to those "casual" whims after they flood the forums with 6+ pages of "I'm quitting because its too hard but not really quitting" threads for several months.
    • Like x 3
  12. Flightboy New Player

Had to add this to it :D
  13. Damashi The Kaotic Well-Known Player

I really did try to get healers involved with running tier 6...but my god... everything has so much health it takes almost an hour to finish the alert with 2 dps and a tank it only takes 20-30 mins, 40 at most. You just can not compete with that.
    • Like x 1
  14. La Shark Dedicated Player

Not a bug.

Learn to play outside of ur comfort zone.
    • Like x 5
  15. Pandora Demon New Player

I really won't care about survival mode if the enemies don't drop something cool.
    • Like x 1
  16. Lightws Dedicated Player

The reason the 2 DPS and no healer team was formed. (I should know because I created it especially for this alert) Would be because of there bugged health when it was in the test server. However the reason I excluded healers was mainly because the majority of the time inside a instance you will realize that the healer is usually healing themselves. Because when they hit a heal in-general they pull aggro. We all know this. Therefore i excluded them and began running 25 min runs with bugged health. When it came to live the reason it stuck would be because people do not want to take forever to gear up logically so they go without healers. I will say this again to those who have a problem with the set up. If your a healer just learn how to dps its a lot easier to grasp now. If you don't want to do that run league runs. Like before when tanks were excluded you said nothing supporting them so why have a problem now? Honestly I don't see how its hard to simply learn another role I have one of every role. To the getting rusty with your original role? are you serious? are you really stating that if you don't heal inside TD that you wont be able to heal the raid? You seriously believe that? As if people wont call you for there weekly or monthly dox or AnB runs? You really believe you wont be able to heal anymore? The issue is the community keeps complaining about something that's pretty simple. At this stage in the game you all should be able to adapt to something new. Like Solo trolling for instance.
    • Like x 2
  17. Epic Fail New Player

@ Lightws

Yep...

But hey.... no one wants to make any changes. Even though they are fully aware that the game changes with every DLC, every update, and possibly by just a hotfix.

Their way is the best way forever..... and god forbid any change to the game makes that untrue....
    • Like x 1
  18. Lightws Dedicated Player

Yeah it's logical in a MMO for change it happens that's the point of playing a MMO. Be it shutting down or getting new content. So this shouldn't be a hard concept to grasp for major MMO players. As if they don't expect evolution inside the game. Then continue to be outdated and not played with but i guess that's just me lol.
    • Like x 1
  19. HandClappinGawd New Player

It's been said a few times here...

IT IS NOT AN EXPLOIT!!!!

SMH.........

Heals are not needed when a Tank is in the group... Plain and simple...

Also, it is much easier to have a tank in group to aggro everything and then as a troll and dps to find a nice spot to tank and spank.

It's actually the epitome of "Tank & Spank" IMO....

If you are not proficient in your power (insert any power) then do as others suggested by rolling with your league and/or like minded people in LFG / Friends List....

Some people on the forums... o_O
    • Like x 1
  20. Notangie New Player

My 1111 groups beating ALL the adds and no warping to skip take 35-40 minutes. If a two dps group takes that long (l assume adds are getting skipped to save time), l can only laugh.
    • Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.