Roid Rage - Get your swell on. (Rage Discussion)

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Roomba, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Dump Truck New Player

The melee is definitely strong. I would not use 'OP'. By now I think everyone should have learned that is how stuff gets nerfed and our game becomes less fun.

The melee version is completely, fall down on your face, 2 second counter delay to get back up, vulnerable to block. Since it is also a conal effect, it doesn;t have to be your target blocking. (Just like whipthrash) Unfortunately, sparring targets do not provide real-time testing and should not be used as a measurement of 'op'ness because of this. I don;t think sparring targets should EVER be used for anything besides practicing loadouts. Certainly not for declaring something as over-powered. Similarly on the sparring target notion, DW charged doesn't look as 'OP' on a sparring target, but take it into Nexus and OMG.

I think the playing community, as a whole and esp on pc side, should stop using sparring targets as a realistic measurement of damaging potential and instead consider it for what it is, a practicing dummy.
    • Like x 5
  2. PspaceJason Well-Known Player

Thanks for the vids.

Just curious, is there a reason you choose to not use Anoint with Celestial?
  3. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

I personally prefer increasing the critical chance rather than precision.
    • Like x 2
  4. Dogico Loyal Player

With what? The 35% finisher is difficult to get off against cr appropriate bosses, Lacerate does slightly underwhelming damage, Violence is ok, Ferocity's prec buff only last 5 seconds, Outrage isn't a huge cone and can be blocked, Galling Eruption's prec version is almost not worth it due to time lost, Revenge is weaker than weapon attacks, Frenzy's damage is back loaded and each attack can be blocked. Those are most of the melee oriented powers and I can't see anything wrong with them. I've only been dpsing for a few days as Rage but I believe the risk of getting countered and the damage received just by being in melee range (whereas many other classes can comfortably range/mid-range without having to dodge/block) justifies the damage.
    • Like x 6
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Don't even start with that crap the power just came out. melee will alway get you better dps than range. i think its just fine especially with the combat mechanics landing you on your butt every 2 seconds.
    • Like x 1
  6. Dump Truck New Player

We agree? Wow. we agree!

Yeah, the move is certainly strong. Perhaps this thread should be moved to Gotham because it is not really a guide so much as it is a debate on one power in particular.

Personally, I find it refreshing to be using a power set not tied down to a rotation of 'Hold (insert weapon: DW, 1H, Staff, or Hold tap HB) followed by clipping with a power.

After running A + B about 20 times for full rage gear, I can honestly say Rage performs on par with many of the power sets. In the alerts it hits very hard, but you also get punished pretty hard if you're blocked.

I finished my exhalted set today and the new gear is entirely OP in Gotham wasteland content, not the power set. We're now running around with 500 more precision and 700 more might and 24 more damage per second off our weapons. Of course everything will melt.
    • Like x 1
  7. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Thats where people are getting confused, Yea rage is good but any power with lvl 90 gear and a good player can seem op.
    • Like x 6
  8. Radium Devoted Player

Retch>JumpCancel>TapRange>DB>ClipBloodlust>Retch>JumpCancel>TapRange>DB>ClipFerocity

I'm using the Robot for now until I find something to work into it.
    • Like x 2
  9. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yuck the robot what a noob lol just kidding. In the extra slot I tried the rage power that's the same as severe punishment just in the other tree, I can't think of the name rite now but that works good for those oh sh*t moments, But it depends. If I melee using outrage I use it cause I can alway ignore the crash and it helps me soak up damage like a sponge but if I range I use the iconic hl shield.

Just something I've been playing around with haveing fun with outrage.
  10. Radium Devoted Player

I dunno, just seems like the range is fairly limited on it. I got some ideas to throw in but like all the best loadouts you can come up with, you get limited by PP.

Melee is a whole different story, I keep playing with different things and can't make up my mind on what I want.

I've got a loadout resembling my old Ice one, a loadout based on hard burst that resembles HL, and a great might based one they I've been playing around with for fun.

But what everyone is saying is definitely true, Outrage is using PB for sure.
  11. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yea it's basically just 2 powers over and over no matter if range or melee with occasional bloodlust or something else here and there

I've just been using retch, dreadfull, bloodlust, outrage, berserk and usually the hl shield. It's prob gonna be the loadout I stick with cause it has the best of both worlds.

For full melee I tried retch, outrage, galling,bloodlust, beserk and a rage power and that was really good but it's not viable everywhere.
  12. Dump Truck New Player

Is it me, or do the pulls for Rage, and movement pulls when a rage power set, completely suck? They seem wildly inconsistent to me. Backdraft and inexcapable storm are far more reliable. I can pull with 2,200 dominance and sinestro won't even look at me. I'll try to record later when you can see my entire power bar drained on pulls and nothing happens.
  13. Zeusgod28 New Player

So if you have precision based gear would you use a prec based mod? And if the gear is might based you you a prec based mod?
  14. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

The only problem I have is rage bringer. Some times it's terrible and sometimes it works like it's supposed to. I use eviscerating chain for my rage crash cancel and it works great as a single target pull. Without mercy works good to but it just dosnt have the range sometimes.

They really need to fix rage bringer it's a huge downfall to have the best pull you have not working correctly.
    • Like x 2
  15. Snix Dedicated Player

Does Relentless Anger actually give an increase in DPS? I can't tell honestly.
  16. Grid Ion Committed Player

Yes it does. Here is the description "Make your blood boil, causing damage to enemies equal to a portion of your outgoing Rage Combo and weapon damage." It acts like a buff.
  17. Grid Ion Committed Player

Precision based gear with Prec and Might reds, Prec and Power Yellows and Prec and health blues works best for me. Prec crits of DB combo are pretty hard to ignore plus the extra Prec from bloodlust. Hence your build should be leaning towards Prec more. But if you want to go for a might based build, you might want to make sure that the mobs/boss are always standing in the GE pool. Also you can clip Eviscerating chain with any consumable or PD as it does nice might damage and can crit upto 2.5k with around 3400might and has a very short cd.
  18. Zpred Dedicated Player

I believe this powerset is quite balanced in the side of the damage, I mean I don't believe it to be over powered.

As other has said melee has always been a more of a better damage vs range thing (in majority situations), but at a cost, it's risk vs reward, and that is exactly what out rage is, risk vs reward, now with these combat mechanics swarming PVE your at high risk of getting knocked on the floor constantly, very high risk, so the risk has to be rewarded, other wise it's pointless, similar to HL whips except that's a lesser dmg modifier but once pulled off you can do great damage but with no animation.

Also people forget about the gear we get, we become a lot stronger a lot more durable, what we couldn't do before we now can, older content becomes easier etc and so on.
    • Like x 1
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

So this is what i've been using for tanking its been working out pretty well.
  20. Zeusgod28 New Player

Because I'm leaning towards precision, so if it's better if I use prec/health prec/power and prec/might mods huh?