Roid Rage - Get your swell on. (Rage Discussion)

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Roomba, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Roomba Dedicated Player

I would love to see some tank suggestions/builds in this thread soon. Anyone having any luck?
  2. Srone Well-Known Player

This is a prec/might to the fullest with prec doing wonders
  3. zickyjacks New Player

Grant it Rage does have a lot of might numbers but for some reason it seems as though that you can get away with doing full prec. I've been playing around with it a lot. and with (for right now) having 1700 prec and about 2800 (and some change) might it does pretty well.
  4. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Ragebringer, Ire, Ferocity, Severe Punishment, E.Chain, Vindictive.

I like Ire/Fero becuase then if I get countered or what not right before a crash I can pop up and get chain off usually, if not I have vindictive, but I've been thinking about dropping vindictive as it's not been a huge issue.

Ragebringer is not pulling agro like it should right now though, but I'm sure that's a bug.

I rarely combo e.chain, only if I know i'll have a free go basically as I'd hate to be countered when i'm in my 4s of weakness.

Big tip for blocking rage crash, watch your rage reuse timer, hit the blocker att the 7-9 oclock on it. Or an even easier way to think about it, the power bar number to the bottom left of the power, when the reuse lines up with that, that's like 7.5 oclock, so it's time to hit it.
  5. CntBeSrs New Player

if ragebringer isnt pulling aggro, how do u get threat? wouldnt without mercy help straight after ragebringer ? we need 1 more action bar slot lol
  6. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Outrage does look to be using the PI, good catch, it's not on the notes.
    • Like x 1
  7. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

It's just being weird right now, just pointing out that agro is all bugged. Happening to the ice tanks too though :(
  8. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

I've been able to melee completly nexus, and A&B until last boss with some of the new cr 90 gear and using this combo: Plasma Retch/Tap Range-JUMP/Outrage with rifle. I like to call it OP007 (if someone already did it, call it as you wish). It is by far the best melee combo I tried in this game compared to any other powerset:

9. Dogico Loyal Player

I haven't got around to using all of the powers (Plasma Retch and Eviscerating Chain specifically) but I've played around a bit with a melee loadout/rotation I'm comfortable with for now. I switched from earth and to make the transition easier for me I've created almost the same loadout I had as an earth dps.

My powers from left to right

Galling Eruption - Violence - Dreadful Blast - Bloodlust - Outrage - Berserk/Robot Sidekick

Galling Eruption is basic aoe dot (Debris Field), Violence is short range aoe dot (Totem), Bloodlust is prec buff (Reinforce), Outrage is spammable-but-better-when-used-with-discretion prec power (Jackhammer), Berserk is an amazing supercharge (Earth has none lol) and Robot Sidekick is pet dot (Crystal, though I've found Robot Sidekick to be significantly squishier than Crystal). If Upheaval ever gets fixed it should be modeled after Dreadful Blast, awesome ranged attack. A basic rotation for me is

Violence clip w/Bloodlust, Galling Eruption clip w/trinket, cola, or consumable (still have over 1000 Dazing experts lol), Brawl's haymaker combo (tap-hold-tap-hold-hold) clip with Outrage combo then clipped with another Outrage/Dreadful Blast/Consumable. Unsure where is best to throw in Berserk, sometimes at beginning of rotation sometimes after Bloodlust or Galling Eruption. Sometimes I'll use Bloodlust, Dreadful Blast combo clip w/Outrage combo clip w/consumable for smaller groups.

One thing I've noticed with Galling Eruption is when combod into prec damage each tic adds to weapon combo, which can be useful for those with Relentless Precision neck mod. I usually don't combo it, rather just clip, but to mix things up or focusing on weapon attacks it could be used sparingly.

I love the damage with my somewhat basic loadout but feel with a few tweaks I could be doing way more. Still working on range loadout (no T5 raids under my belt yet, only T5 alerts/duos).
  10. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I think precision gear with precision mods and for red mods pre/might is the way to go. If your lucky to get it the precision gear from the raid it has better might than the might vender gear. So I'm trying to get all my pre gear from the raid.

In one spec I'm working with plas retch, dreadful blast, galling, bloodlust,berserker and just to fill the extra slot I've been using the iconic hl shield

The second spec I have I swap out galling for outrage and hl shield for the rage move for when I'm in close with outrage. It seems to work pretty good at keeping you protected and you don't have to worry about rage crash cause your almost constantly using outrage with it and it's a rage counter. I basically just use plas retch rifle grenade jump cancel rite into outrage and repeat for anywhere you can get in close.

After I do some more testing tonight I'll put some more input in. I really haven spent a lot of time on it yet so I don't wanna start spilling my guts lol but I'm pretty set in the gear and mod choices I stated above.
  11. Roomba Dedicated Player

Two things: I meleed nexus too but damned primal kept switching to me and popping me... I had to back off lol

Second: What do you mean by outrage w rifle in that combo? But yeah I've been putting in the right taps since JEEBs pointed that out to me about plasma retch JC.

I'm dreading that they nerf outrage. Yes it's great dps, but it's total risk vs reward.

what do you got cookin for range, Kaiser?
  12. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

AK was actually doing the same combo today as Kaiser posted here. It's Outrage clipped with Retch, jumped and a rifle tap before you go back to outrage. Like usual follows the idea of previous things. Think Retribution/defile/jump rifle. Same idea but using outrage. Then you can do the same with Dreadful Blasts as well.

SO much power though! BUT we've been running 3 trolls just for the CC so not an issue for our groups lately.
  13. Radium Devoted Player

Does anyone else just find it ridiculous the high amount of damage you get from just spamming Outrage with Retch every so often?

I get a feeling this is what they refered to as easy DPS when Celestial came out.

The potential of melee is amazing when you dig into the trees and its still great in its basic form. When melee become highly relevent again, nothing will hold a candle to this power.

Anyways, horrible with the power names so I'll write up some loadouts and rotations tomorrow. Its like a beautiful mix of Fire and HL which makes total sense.
  14. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

I was able to melee fully Nexus with that combo, the dmg out was beyond impressive, I was first by a lot. Then, what I mean with rifle is that the weapon I use for adding the tap range after jump cancelling plasma retch is rifle. And finally, for range we are more limited, I'm just using the plasma retch/tap range- jump/Dreadful blast.
  15. Grid Ion Committed Player

From what I have seen so far and don't get me wrong guys, but I think Rage needs a little bit of damage adjusting so as to bring it 'in line' with the other powersets. Rage has incredible burst potential and aswell as very decent dots ( GE and Retch ). From my limited testing, rage outclasses every other powerset in melee and aswell as in range. I like this power quite a lot but I think some damage adjustments are in order.
  16. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Thats not true. In range is totally in line with HL, Celestial and Gadgets (not sure about nature yet due to the speed performing the combos). I will post some comparisons in some mins. About melee maybe is a bit OP, but for sure is one of the best with HL, this comparison will be done soon too.
  17. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Well, about RAGE ranged DPS, I've made these two comparisons: one against HL and other agaisnt Celestial. After 10 times killing the sparring target (more times would be more accurate but anyways...) the difference in time is minimal, so doesn't really matter which powerset won cuz is irrelevant (critical hits, chances, etc...). Please feel free to make any suggestion or point something I may have missed...

18. aceCase Committed Player

Seems like Rage already got nerfed a little bit. I know the Beserk supercharge did for sure.
  19. Lacedog Loyal Player

this minus vindictive, add without mercy. in anything but raid level bosses, i drop severe punishment and e chain, add remorseless recovery and violence. this power is fun.
  20. Grid Ion Committed Player

Maybe...But It would be really interesting to see a HL dps running with a Rage dps taking into consideration the prec buff bloodlust will give to the HL dps. In your video HL didn't get any prec buffs but Rage was on a constant prec buff and still HL came really close to beating rage. But the melee version of rage is just op lol..