Reset everyone’s cash already

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Olli Malicious, Dec 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aspirit Active Player

Everyone has spent money, but you are not grasping the big picture. Everything related to this game is not ours, we agreed to spend, tomorrow the game shuts down, we can do nothing about it. They decide to take your money and items, you can’t do anything, it’s what you signed up for.
  2. Monkeyboy Committed Player

This is completely wrong. In the computer industry there's something called data and databases. While the process will be lengthy and daunting, the whole community shouldn't be punished because of a few. Daybreak can cross reference cash flow to see exactly when and how the economy changed.
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Deflating the currency so that more goods can be bought with less money is beneficial to the community, not a punishment. How are people STILL not understanding this!?!?!
    • Like x 1
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

It's a good thing for you that daybreak is just a couple of people working out of their basement and not a corporation with a legal department and a corporate law firm on retainer who have all worked to implement a ToS designed to protect them from such frivolous lawsuits. oh wait...
  5. Aspirit Active Player

The way to implement a fair full cash reset first is to wipe everything. The problem is the hidden money, that’s why they can’t fix it without a reset.
    Surely they have logs, but can they track all of it?

Implementing ideas like make cash account bound, set limit etc. is the best approach and what the game has been in desperate need.
    At least I hope they do implement something today, the glitchers have been poisoning the game for too long.

Will the devs take all the money away from everyone? They should, but may not.
    In that case the bad money will never be wiped.

Do you really want to play in the present state the economy is?

It’s for the good of everyone if the economy deflates.
  6. The Con Dedicated Player

It's a good thing that corporations with a legal department and a corporate law firm on retainer who have all worked to implement a ToS designed to protect them can never do anything wrong that breaks that ToS...

Oh wait.
  7. Monkeyboy Committed Player

Is it hard to understand that people get to keep items from this glitch?! They're banking them until the dust settles. Use a little forethought instead a simple solution that will cause more problems. They could have just capped the Broker if it was that simple. Everyone gets a cash wipe but people get to keep 10 Neon Materials? Think beyond the simple! They have data recorded that they can write an algorithm for to eventually make this right and fair.

You deflate the economy but you still not have corrected the items that people are allowed to keep items. Bad money can be traced but it's a daunting job, it's their jobs as a company.
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

9. The Con Dedicated Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I fully agree that a capped cash wipe needs to be one step in a multi-faceted solution that should also include addressing items sitting in banks. The majority negative responses to the idea of fixing the economy are fixated on preserving that number in the upper right side of the screen despite a sore lack of understanding of what that number actually means in the context of an revolving economy. So that's focal point that I, along with others here, keep finding ourselves replying to.
  11. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I'm not walking anyone else through Barney math today...
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

If you believe strong enough in the idea that loot boxes are gambling and need to be removed from gaming (which I don't necessarily disagree with) that you would pay a lawyer $500+ PER HOUR to throw another frivolous lawsuit in to the pile of pending lawsuits in the hopes that the size of that pile eventually becomes large enough to help influence congress to enact laws to eliminate said loot boxes, then by all means, sue away.

But if you think a civil court judge is going to entertain the idea of using up tax-payer funded court resources because somebody paid money to entertain themselves via a video game and became upset when some number in that video game got changed, dream on.
  13. The Con Dedicated Player

Well... Speaking of internalized artificial economic systems...

It's nice to see exactly what you'd be worth in a prison economy. :eek:
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

... are you rolling dice and referencing a table in a manual somewhere, or just typing stuff into your phone and letting autocorrect respond for you?
    • Like x 1
  15. Monkeyboy Committed Player

A cash wipe is still the wrong way to go. Especially when they have data of when the economy became broken. The major negative responses mean nothing. There's always going to be people who are negative because they just don't understand all factors, they're self centered. This tax they're implementing is a good first step but still punishes honest players. The economy will forever be revolving as long as $$$ sites are in business. A full cash wipe means nothing if they leave a few doors open to accommodate that wealth gain by not playing the game.
    • Like x 1
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Instead of viewing these things as "punishments", perhaps view them as necessary sacrifices for the good of the community in which you spend your time in. Most of the rules and restrictions we encounter in life, many of which limit what we would otherwise prefer to do, are enacted because some selfish and/or stupid person used bad judgement and or tried to exploit an angle. That's just an unfortunate part of life.
  17. The Con Dedicated Player

THIS^
  18. ToRaW New Player

I have played this game since 1/23/2011 how long have you played this game ? The last money wipe I could not do anything about it all the DC cash back then was grinding and selling rare armor styles and collections in game. This right now has a real money spent in game paper trail that I can see from my emails.
  19. The Con Dedicated Player

Since a real cash wipe is off of the tables... This thread is moot.

I don't see too much wrong with a penalty tax.

As long as all accounts that were confirmed to have been exploiting the glitch to raise several billion dollars have been deleted and their cash has been neutralized.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.