Reset everyone’s cash already

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Olli Malicious, Dec 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I am personally against a money wipe, but realize it might be the only way to fix what's wrong. Actually it probably wouldn't fix it unless you can also wipe money that is stuck in mail transfer...or wait 60 days without money being able to be traded so the mail expires. The only other option would be to create a 'new' currency...call it 'DCUO bucks' or something, and convert an existing percentage(up to a capped amount) of a players current escrow/wallet into that new currency...that way any money stuck in some hidey hole somewhere cannot be claimed later, it would become worthless...still very distasteful, but at least those who know how to game the system don't have a way to get back on top quick. It's bad enough most of the bad boys have so much hard goods they will corner the market quick, but many of the honest people do too...so after a very painful period, we'd eventually get back to some kind of balance....at least till the next trick is discovered.

And I doubt you'd see your TC money back. Even if they could trace every transaction and every stabilizer used, it would be very intricate web to unravel.

Reinheld
  2. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

This whole thread made me laugh. Mostly at myself. Here I am with a mere 200 Million. Thinking I'm doing good with money. Meanwile yall have BILLIONS!? Womp Womp. lol
    • Like x 3
  3. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

Maybe they are finally doing something about it. Getting an "Internal broker error".
  4. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

Me too, I only have a little over a 100 Million on one character. But don't they have a title for characters called billionaire, so I am not surprised that there really are some who actually are.
  5. Marek Committed Player

No title for how much money a person has. The billionaire title is for opening a certain number of treasure chests found in content. Think its the feat for opening 500 of them or so .... or billionaire might just be the name of the feat. I dont remember exactly which now that I'm thinking about it.
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

'Billionaire' was for opening 1000 Treasure boxes...which I can tell you will NOT raise a billion dollars in game. That was a base game feat and I'm guessing it was never supposed to be taken literally cause I'm guessing they never foresaw billionaires in game.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  7. IcyGhost New Player

A 14 day suspension for pulling the game inside out and bothering the whole community with it that is enjoying the game the normal way? The guilty ones should’ve gotten their accounts terminated. Daybreak is way to soft for these people.
    • Like x 4
  8. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

Wonder how long till this thread is deleted. This is more of a bulletin board than a forum.

I'd be fine with a regular cash wipes. or better yet caps on trading/selling/mailing cash.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mukkah New Player

I would not expect to get my money back but l couldn’t see myself ever spending close to the amount of money l currently spend. The reason l buy tc is to sell items for in game cash. If that can be taken away then l have no reason to buy them anymore.
    Today was the first time I’ve logged on or checked the forums in a couple weeks due to my obsession with Star Wars: Fallen order. It was a bit of a shock to learn what was happening. I did look into it more and learnt about all the alts who were sent money and the gold sellers that now have trillions. My perspective has changed now on the situation. If they don’t do a cash reset then it sounds like this game could never recover which would suck. So l guess I’m in favour of a reset but it would cause me to stop spending money on the game. Did this glitch start before or after the last tc was released?
  10. Dene Devoted Player

The sad thing is.. $300 million *shouldn't* be chump change
    • Like x 4
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I personally don't care if you have billions

they should zero out the economy and start over and be damned with peoples monopoly money

its what they should have done the first time there was a money glitch back in the day also

it would correct the economy that was broken way back then and that never recovered because of everyone splitting there money up
    • Like x 2
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I have no factual evidence of this, but my gut says it was there before. OP collection items in Atlantis, and rare items from the last TC were already 3 or 4x the norm from a year ago. Inflation explains some of that, but not all. Also, the prices the spammers were advertising have dropped steadily in the last year as well as the influx of new spammers we've seen means there was a lot of extra cash laying around. I'd guess that it was out there but kept to a small group...then someone leaked the trick to the wrong person.

Then they told 2 friends....
    [IMG]

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  13. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Here we go round the mullberry bush....
    • Like x 2
  14. Kers New Player

And what happens to the people who didn't realize there was a glitch and spent tons of real money on stabilizers(or other stuff) to sell on the broker/trade? Would Daybreak refund all their real life cash? I'm sure there were probably tons of people who purchased daybreak cash they normally wouldn't have because they thought the in game cash prices were more reasonable for a lock box collection or what ever.
  15. gemii Dedicated Player

if they were to do a money wipe they would also have to wipe all mail with cash inside them as well

or

Make money account bound, create a money cap limit and allow everyone to start off with the same amount of cash.
  16. rimvader Well-Known Player

Set Escrow on on member's cash (1-3 bill), tax the withdraws. Broker and trade capped at at 500 mill and both tax the 5%.
    Scorched Earth cash wipe would hurt the honest and profit the guilty.
  17. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

I have a few billion of legit cash, earned with grinding, selling exos back in the day, and Tc's. That said, I would welcome a money reset.

The billions I have now are virtually worthless in this economy as it is. Compared to the multi-trillionaires, My billions are the equivalent to having about a crumpled up 5 dollar bill. A reset would "Level The Playing Field" (cliche slogan of this game for years).

Money Reset, I welcome thee.
    • Like x 3
  18. Crn Well-Known Player

The day they reset my money Is the day I stop playing and I put that on my mama. Unless they give me back my money i spent on time capsules, but we all know that’s never going to happen.
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Why would they give anyone back money they spent on tc's? You didn't have to buy them. You bought then because you decided you wanted to be a reseller instead of a grinder. Cash wipe is the answer we all need and people that want to make all their money back can spend real money again and sell on broker. I still don't even see why in game cash matters so much to everyone. I barely use it and I'm "end game" able to run elites and have no op pieces. Just years of running for fun and learning my abilities and good people to run with. #cashwipe2020
    • Like x 2
  20. Aspirit Active Player

When the broker glitched in 2012, trillions were dumped into the economy, I knew players who were giving out 1b to random people on raids because they had 400b and countless who had 100b and down. Since that time servers have merged with pc, money has been sold to the gold spammers. They never did a reset back then, and those who had the money quickly sent to different accounts and mail stocked as much as they could. The wipe would have never taken out the trillions stored in mail. Back then there weren’t much items that would be inflated to billions but today it’s going to be impossible to flush all of the bad money. Remember that someone can delete different characters who are holding billions and after the wipe recover again. Would they still have billions? The wipe if it comes, needs to reach into everything, even item banks personal or league etc.
    As the last time It will never happen, because it’s such a monumental task that the game staff can not afford.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.