Reminder: Upcoming Marks of Victory and Conversion

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KEN_Oracle_of_Delphi Well-Known Player

2. mightybugthe1st New Player

Good! Those are the crappy players who want to get walked through everything, glitch content so it's easier, and likely make up the majority of the lazy AM spamming garbage players *cough cough quantum cough* who can't figure out how to get past a room without pressing every damn button and leave an instance because they're too stupid and impatient to problem solve how to beat a boss. :D
  3. VariableFire Loyal Player

Have they said anything about redoing the prestige armor gives? It doesn't make sense that prestige is so low for some sets and not others with this new system.
  4. TheBlur New Player

So after the update, mods will no longer effect cr , just the base item level. Is that true? And if it is true does that mean after the update my cr is going to be lower then before?
  5. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Yes, it's true.

No, your CR won't change much. They are weighting it by 115% to make up the difference.

Use this site someone posted earlier: http://www.odyssey-gaming.net/combatrating

That will calculate your CR under the new system.
    • Like x 2
  6. TheBlur New Player

7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Has there been any reason given for the 100 Cap on MoV? Personally I renew all my mods, sidekick, orbital and SD as well as slots 3 and 4 on the utility belt at the same time. Since the cap is 100 it will be impossible to do this all at once even if I hit rent day with 100 in stock and do 3 or 4 raids to get the rest (unless raids will start paying better). Add to this, you need to use the same marks for gear and mods(a t6 weapon costs 70% of your full stack of marks after all), and this game becomes nothing but rent runs all day every day. On top of this with the leveling going on, 'rent runs' will be more of a PITA you can't walk into with a few of your league mates to get done and go on with your life.

It's like being told to go pay or gas, electric, rent and groceries out of your wallet only BUT you can only have $100 bucks in your wallet at a time. Sure you can get it done, but you're having to work every day to trickle in payments as opposed to being able to work your butt off on a weekend of overtime and enjoy the rest of your week doing what you want to do.

Make the cap 200+....or remove the cap entirely...what is the problem with that?

Reinheld
  8. judgeday1904 Well-Known Player

one word for what they want

REPLAYS
  9. OoFLASHxX New Player

10. OoFLASHxX New Player

Hey guys. Um I need someones help. I cant post a thread in the support part of the thread.
  11. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Not sure about your numbers here.

Assuming you do all 5 boosts in the mainframe, that's 5 * 7 = 35 Marks for Boosts. Remember, there is only ONE boost level now. You either boost, or you don't.
    Utility Belt slots are 5 each = 10 Marks

45 Marks. And some left over for gear. And the mainframe boosts are for 2 months.
    • Like x 2
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Was about to post just exactly this. We have taken upkeep costs into consideration - to unlock everything at once, that should be 45 marks per 60 days. Are we not factoring something in?
    • Like x 1
  13. BurntMind Active Player

Ok im confused and need some help back on track, my membership recurred like 4 days and it got canceled out the following day.Says im all access member on my account but when i go to play dcuo, im premium o_O ????
    and no customer Support doesnt seem to be working at the moment... -_- is it brainiac's doing or sumn?
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

From update notes --

From Tygerfyre---

So from the update nodes listed above, the Sidekick 5 and 20 mark costs or the ranks 1 and 2 of OS/SD/TM being 25 marks are not rotating costs? Assuming that, fine...I'll admit I got that wrong. That takes care of one complaint I had.

It still sucks as others have mentioned that if you are going back to buy T1-5 gear for styles only, you will need to grind just as hard as to get the T6 gear, with less raids/alerts to collect the marks on. I do agree (and there is no way to argue against this) that the main motivator in this change is to increase revenue via replays. It can't be for the enjoyment of the hardcore players as it adds tedium to an already tedious game....It can't be to help out the newbie players as now there is little to no incentive for a higher powered player to help a low powered one unless it's a personal favor/leaguemate...moreso the grind to go from low to high will be terrible as any advantage burning through FOS's and Batcaves(amongst others) with a high powered teammate will be lessened or eliminated.

On my main I hardly do any of this anyway, as I've got all the old styles and am about up to date with new gear, but I doubt I'd want to bring up another toon starting over from scratch with these changes. I've got 2 or 3 mid 50s and 60s toons I might take all the way, but after that...doubtful.

Anyway. Everyone has an opinion. Maybe it will not be that bad, but it looks that way.
    • Like x 2
  15. Tygerfyre Committed Player

The first 2 unlock levels were never recurring costs, and apparently are not changing to suddenly be recurring costs now.

They've said in other threads that vendor gear from lower tiers will be discounted if you are past that tier. So that takes care of your next worry.
    • Like x 2
  16. WildcatHunter Committed Player

Give me a few minutes and I will show you you're terribly misinformed. There will be a style vendor for buying styles under your tier and they are drastically cheaper. I think is 10 mov.
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I was going off the screenshots another person posted elsewhere in the thread. T4 gear looked to be the same price as current T6. If discounts will be applied, fine...we'll see when it's out. Again, I don't need it on my main, but I have alts I was not grinding for marks to buy old gear....I guess I'll double back over the next week if it bothers me too much.

Thanks,
    Reinheld
  18. Phill Committed Player

The screenshots if you look at some of them are from T2 vendors. So yes they are way out of bounds along with the 100 mark limit and relative marks drops.
  19. Phill Committed Player

if the prices are different. It is because someone raised hell and they have now been changed. All screenshots were from the live test server. No misinformed here. Just screenshots from what was on the live test server.
  20. WildcatHunter Committed Player

I'm now president of dcuo because I saw it in a YouTube video or in another thread. People need to stop with their rants. If you know me well I love to rant but I don't rant with my facts optional setting on.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.