Reminder: Upcoming Marks of Victory and Conversion

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pghAMMER Active Player

First off, it's only T2 FoS you won't get Marks from any more - on the Live Server, both FoS and Batcave exist in T2 and T3 (Novice and Hard, respectively) iterations - once you make CR70 (T4 gateway), you'll be blocked ONLY from Novice (T2) as is proper; the T3 (Hard/Expert) of those raids will still be open. (I only queued for Novice when I had rent due, and I was locked from Hard/Expert.)

I have one T6 tank and one T5 healer - these are my two highest-CR characters. While my tank will be blocked from anything lower than Gates (other than open-world content), I'll also need to do such content far less, as my "rent" (Mainframe unlocks, etc.) will be paid by content I'll still be able to do (and I'm Premium currently - not a Member).

My healer will, more likely than not, be *forced* into the same situation my tank will be in (the healer is CR99 - right against the doorway) - either directly due to the conversion effects, or within two weeks of it, I'll crack T6 - that is STILL without changing from Premium to Member. Like my tank, I'll be roadblocked from getting any Marks from any content lower than Gates/Prime - however, I'll still get gear drops, and can still get what Feats are left - just no Marks. (Still, I don't farm content for Marks except to pay "rent" - which I can use open-world content to do instead, since the due date for rent is extended an extra month).

My next FOUR characters (all controller sorts - two each of heroes and villains) are three T4s and one T3; they are fine - even the T3. (If, by some odd luck, the T3 gets jumped to T4 by the conversion, that simply means he qualifies for Gates SOONER; he MUST still do it to be properly ready for Prime in any event.)
    The highest-CR of this four-group WILL wind up T5 - no help for it. (He's CR85 now, and has an open-world item in his Journal he's working on.) At WORST, I'll lose the T2 content for him - however, the Hard/Expert (T3) content won't go away, and the open-world T4 content doesn't go away, either (Virtues over Vices is a T4 open-world content item that stays put-while it is associated with Trigon's Prison, it precedes it and is open-world; you get it from Zatanna in the Watchtower or Circe in the Hall of Doom). No real change (for the bad) there.
    If you run out of content to do, you CAN simply purchase an Episode or Membership that has content of the new Tier. (The worst-case cost for a Membership is $16USD monthly.) That is where the tank was when my last Membership expired - nobody else had gotten there yet. (There is T6 content I have NOT done yet - for example, I have done two T6 alerts, but no T6 raids - and that is JUST Fury I, Halls I, and War II; I still have the remainder of alerts and raids in those three Episodes to do and everything in Fury II, and that JUST catches me up to Halls II.)
  2. Sawhat New Player

hey, what is the meaning of the suggested dominance over 1000 in T1 and so on???
    Need somenone completly full modding his armour or what shall it mean???
    Or how it works? Are there some more changes I didn't recognize? o_O
    I like to play for relaxing, don't want to make a doktor about a game.
    So many changes during last times. I get confused! :confused:
    To many input.......... ERROR.................................
  3. pghAMMER Active Player

ARC needs a nerfing - I call ARC the "Basketball Sub-boss" because you get bounced around the garage more than the Batmobile did when ARC wrecks it; Arkham is almost worse than FoS 2 - the hardest raid pre-Prime Battleground.

As it is, my tank and healer solo the South Gotham Sub-Avatars (and even the duos) today - I started soloing with my tank at CR95, and with my healer at CR90. If you can't solo a Sub-avatar at CR95, then your power-balance is screwy - hie thyself to the RAD (heroes) or BAD (villains) and fix it.

T4 IS is a bear because it's normally a raid - and you have half the people. T4 IS is even more problematical because it's a heightened-difficulty version of the T3 raid - and you have no more than half the firepower of the T3 Hard IS raid - and you STILL have to deal with the pains in the gluteus that are ARC and the Zetta-Drone - not to mention "Sister Eye". (To be honest, I'd rather do Prime than T4 IS - even when I'm loot-locked from Prime.) T5 (both tank and healer) use the same script - started with Origin Crisis and Hand of Fate along with War I on the run-up to Trigon's Prison - then it's South Gotham dailies, OC duos, the Wasteland daily triple, and Trigon-associated duos, alerts, and that one raid. The finish is interesting, though - since I don't do unlock-by-replay, I worked on War I, along with some overlap with Fight for the Light (stuff I hadn't done due to working on FoS or Batcave back when these two characters were T3), such as Coast City and Logical Emotion) and then I do the rest of OC and War I EXCEPT Return To The Nexus - Paradox Reaper was a real bear, and will now be saved until I make T6.

T6 is home to the Gotham Under Siege and Metropolis Warfronts (Fury I and War II) and Halls I and II; I had been concentrating on the Gotham Warfront during my last Membership - I have two journal entries left there. Then I hie myself to Metropolis and more open-world content there -- along with various alerts and raids (remember, I can still do Gates and above for everything except Marks); however, I'm pretty much Feated out in both THOSE raids - in fact, I AM Feated out for my tank and healer).
  4. pghAMMER Active Player

Yes. You can't get there without a full set of T5 mods at minimum.
  5. Sbel Devoted Player

You really should say who you're replying to.
  6. Theflash529 New Player

I agree anyone could think you said it 2 them.
  7. Venomsaga28 Well-Known Player

is dlc dropping tomorrow
    \
  8. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

At this point, I'd say probably not. I feel like they would have said something by now.
    • Like x 1
  9. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

EDIT: nvm ... you're trying not to have the total amount converted end up above 100. In my original, that would've been 200.
  10. Phill Committed Player

Remander......did you even look at the picts and read below? Those picts are from the test server. Those are exactly what you have on live because live and test server are the same thing.
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yes it may take slightly longer to get the gear as you're leveling, but it will still be a hell of a lot faster than when the game came out. You keep saying we will be forced to use replay badges. No. Nobody has ever been forced to use a replay badge in their life. A replay badge is a convenience item for people who want to spend real money in order to gear up faster. This is absolutely not a requirement or a need, it is borne from humanity's own impatience.
    • Like x 4
  12. Phill Committed Player

You can keep defending this garbage GU all you want. I did not say anything about being forced. You will need to buy replay badges to want to level up in a respectable time. Most players do not have that kind of patience and will stop playing. Especially kids. That is what I said.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

And you can keep trashing it all you want. The fact of the matter is neither of us can 100% correctly predict what will happen when it hits live. Playing it on live and playing it one test are two very different things. This is not the game killer so many are claiming it to be.
  14. Domi Well-Known Player

Is this happening tomorrow? >> I have 1 day left on all my base mods and 70k triumph. x.x
    • Like x 1
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

Yes, I did, and I stand by my prior statement. The cap will not affect your ability to purchase. It just requires you to purchase as you go. Your marks will also increase in value, when you hit the next tier. The only issue with the available content is in T4, but that is going to be addressed. If someone doesn't show a power level of a toon post GU 47, I'll try and do one. May take me a little longer, as I don't get as much time in game nowadays, but I think you'll be surprised at how quickly you can still level.
    • Like x 2
  16. pghAMMER Active Player

I use replay badges for cross-character Feat unlocks; in the nearly four YEARS I've played DCUO, I have used replay badges to actually redo an instance a grand total of ONCE. (Even that was prior to the "linkdeath fix" with GU44.) I work around loot locks, instead of spending replays on do-overs - because certain Feats are more easily done with certain characters (certain Feats, for example only apply to characters with certain powers, or only to heroes/villains, etc.), it may make more sense to unlock a Feat that way (as opposed to doing a do-over). For instance, the Avatar Bombardier gear feat is actually easiest to get as a villain because the entire PvP gearset is available from a vendor in the Hall of Doom - Ursa, to be precise. (The "Send Me An Angel" feat is unique to heroes, as the "Tech Salvation" gear feat is unique to villains - none of the gear in either set is available via drop. The "Amazonian" gear feat, on the other hand, is ONLY available via drop - Gates of Tartarus, to be precise; however, even post GU47, you have until you crack T7 to get there. Drop-unique gear feats - such as Amazonian - are where the frustration can set in; for example, I haven't completed that gear feat with any character yet (right piece, but wrong character - healer or tank gear drops for a controller, for example); that's plain and simply bad luck. Still, I have at least one more level before I have to resort to the Broker (when my highest-CR character cracks T7) for any character - or longer should I choose to wait until my wimpiest character cracks T7; that character is my only current sub-CR30 character, and even he is at CR12. The impatience of others does not affect me - I knew about the slog when I came to the game.
  17. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Just want to say

While I support the unification of marks, I found out today we will get NO conversion of other marks or symbols. The conversion vendor in the magic wing (hero) I assume is not getting updated. I feel this is too harsh an impact for players who have invested time in gathering the T6 Expert marks.. 'Symbols of Myth II' myself included.

Please can the conversion vendor be updated to include these hard to farm marks or..Even giving non-iconic drop only styles in place of these marks would be something (I have been waiting on the kabuki legs for 4 years*, I only got the retro tech shoulders today after 4 years).

Thank you.

*yes I know OMAC Duo.. ironically OMAC Sigma. o_O.. the new drop system seems like a step forward, two of the league staff have recommended it to me so far, even though I was reluctant. .. the saying goes you don't get something for nothing, they take our marks/symbols.. in exchange we should get *something*.. vanilla drop styles for each symbol would be a great way to cheer those up who didn't like the changes and had been waiting for ages on last style piece. imo :)
  18. KEN_Oracle_of_Delphi Well-Known Player

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with the loss of all my symbols I've worked my arzz off for. :(
  19. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Can you tell us, when the marks-Change will happen exactly?

If now, how Long before it goes live will you be able to tell us?

GUs are often announced past midnight EU-time, so we often only find out during work, that the Servers will be offline allready, when we come home.

To have some time to farm last missing marks or to spend them, it would be great to know at least two days earlier, when the marks-conversion will hit live, please. :)
    • Like x 2
  20. imabigbeast3 New Player

when is gu47 comeing out
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.