Reminder: Upcoming Marks of Victory and Conversion

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

Just so you know the symbols are not considered marks so they will not convert. These were only a representation of the tier level you were at for buying the appropriate gear. There is no loss of marks in this manner. It is only for the marks of triumph and fury.
    • Like x 2
  2. KEN_Oracle_of_Delphi Well-Known Player

I don't think your answer is correct, since we WILL be losing symbols altogether. Hard earned symbols at that !!!
  3. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

I know what you are saying but i'm just quoting the DEVS when they first had come out. SYMBOLS are not MARKS they just represent the tier content you have reached and the availability of the tier gear you may buy.

They stated this in many posts after the fact as many people thought that when they were capped that there was nothing they could do with them. That is because they are not MARKS just SYMBOLS. This was to keep people from skipping tiers of gear and to keep them playing the relevant content for said SYMBOLS.

I don't mean to shatter your bubble as i understand that you took time to earn these but in actuality it was really only the Marks of FURY you were earning. The SYMBOLS were just for that set of gear only.

If you care to go thru the forums here back to when the SYMBOLS came out and you will find many posts about this fact. Again sorry for the bad news but that is how it is.
    • Like x 3
  4. imabigbeast3 New Player

when is gu47 comeing out
  5. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Someday before GU48
    • Like x 2
  6. imabigbeast3 New Player

it is taking forever
  7. Mega master New Player

Any1 know if the update includes halls of power
  8. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

??????

It is called HALLS O POWER LOL
  9. SkullGang Devoted Player

Think he's asking if GU47 includes Halls of Power.
  10. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

That's what is confusing. It is called HALLS OF POWER 2 so yeah I think it would involve the halls o power update as well as the changes. LOL. I mean no disrespect but I just found that very funny. LOL.
  11. SkullGang Devoted Player

Technically its GU47 + Halls of Power Part 2. I don't think Halls of Power Part 1 came with a GU.
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Mepps already said tentatively GU 47 launches this week. HoP 2 will be launched separately.
    • Like x 3
  13. UltraVillain Committed Player

I get the impression much of GU47 will make us choke...so breaking it into smaller bitesized chunks might be the best course!
  14. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

Marks of Fury weren't "universal currency". Victory marks WILL be.
  15. iThaWiz New Player

Honestly that is stupid, let's make everyone wait longer and get more people wanting to quit DC by dragging out the release date of HoP2.. I mean dang, the stuff has been on the test server for forever now.. They should put it in when SM is over, because that's the only decent thing to do here lately...
    • Like x 1
  16. iThaWiz New Player

What they need to do is delete those nasty looking "Symbols" out of my currency tab since it is going to a universal mark... They just leave crap, and it just looks ugly lol I wouldn't be surprised if those Symbols don't stay in our currency tab for forever lol
    • Like x 1
  17. Mousebreaker85 New Player

Ok i am not getting this at all...
    So a cr40 has 10 marks of triumph he gets 10 marks of victory.
    And if i have 10998 marks of triumph i get 10 marks of victory also???
    Can i throw away my gear go back down to get 100 marks?

This is getting a little absurd
    Marks of retribution, marks of legend, marks of valor, marks of fury, marks of scion, marks of admonishment, marks of rampage, lucky bits, spookys, marks of war,marks of tactics, marks of strategy, marks of reality ,marks of momentum,marks of influence,marks of krypton,marks of distinction,marks of conquest,marks of lore, marks of allegiance,marks of loyalty, symbol of power, symbol of light,symbol of myth,Aphrodite tokens....
    Every few months new currency!

Gone are the days of wow just plain gold or honor points Too many chiefs not enough Indians
    If you pve give completion points
    If you pve give honor points... Thats it!! Scrap the other crap
    The old saying less is more still holds true.
    • Like x 1
  18. Tygerfyre Committed Player

They say the whole Symbol system is going away, so it should clear them out of inven as well.
    • Like x 2
  19. Tygerfyre Committed Player

The system they are designing is that a raid (or alert or whatever) at your tier is always worth the same. So basically, if it costs 6 raids of marks to get a chest at tier 1, it costs 6 raids of marks to get a chest at tier 7. Thus, we get the variations in mark conversions. If you had enough for a chest with a little left over, you still will, regardless of what tier you're at.

And no, you can't cheat and take off your gear. Your overall CR will stay the same, and I'm thinking they must be using that and not "equipped CR" for just this very reason.
    • Like x 1
  20. Venomsaga28 Well-Known Player

so is it dropping this week
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.