Regarding Legendary Accounts.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tipel, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

I never said i payed that each year, where did you assume that? Like i said previously if I want to have the chance to play all the content i need to waste around 250$(life time cost that price by the way) in order play the game. Thats the price of 2.5 membership months and yes proxy i have value, as a player, cause thanks to me another 7 paying members were able to queue for their raid,and as a costumer, that everytime a dlc drop I was there to buy it. If you cant see that, you would be terrible at the finance departement. I gave aton of ways how to keep the people subbing while allowing to have a decent amount of free and even premium players, only daybreak doesn't change that if doenst want. But it would be a shame and the game is already sufering from, lack of population. No one cares if your LG can do it proxy. If people cant get their stuff done, they will give up and move on.
  2. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

Did you check what they did to the last laught, dang. That 50%/25% membership price sale that happen 2 years ago or so, it was a joke thought.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Oh you queued for me. Oh my sweet friend, thank you oh so much... that's not my point.

You bought the dlc, you're entitled to queue and play, clap clap.

You're not entitled to anything else though, especially not member perks.
    • Like x 1
  4. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

#entitledtowhatYOUPAYFOR
    • Like x 2
  5. Proxystar #Perception

That sale was done during revamp and any sub bought on that deal is over now.

Also i didnt buy that half price sale, nor did i buy any membership deals during the winter extravaganza if that helps ;)
  6. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

I could be here all day, believe me, I could. But my point is, this is such a great game, its a shame see people leaving the game because of too much paywall.

Proxy you boring ;) God dammit.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

You're welcome.
  8. myandria Item Storage

Hmm....

Yes, but as someone posted earlier, you will lose character slots if you let your Membership lapse, not to mention access to most of your in-game money as well as all content that you did not purchase yourself or received for free. When you let your membership lapse you will automatically become premium, since you will have spent money on the game. Here is a link to the DCUO wiki that explains the different levels of membership: https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Membership

If you take a look at the Announcements, you will see that we are at the tail end of Anniversary/Anti-Monitor event. Subscribing now will allow you get the Member Gift (check out the Happy Anniversary thread under Announcements for details) as long as you log in at least one character before the end of the month. The CR210 Advance is for everyone and you must also log in before the end of the month to activate it; however, you do not have to use it right away. It is yours forever.

If you can afford about 40 dollars you can subscribe for 3 months and cover your membership until April; that may give you time to save up some money to continue your membership. Memberships do go on sale from time to time so definitely look for those; I usually catch the 6 month membership sales and I can tell you it is WORTH it. Episode bundles also go on sale, so look for those as well.
  9. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

Everything you buy and pay for in DCUO you get. There is no 'bait and switch' going on here.
    • Like x 1
  10. Brandyn16635 New Player

Having come from WOW, I'd say this is cheap.
    But then again, it would be nice for them to use the revenue to build even more content.
    • Like x 1
  11. Darth Jafo Well-Known Player

The basic gist is that the game is all but unplayable without a membership. I had been premium since it went free to play and have quite playing quite a few times because premium is so limited. Now I bought an annual and even though im sure I wont be playing for the whole year, its the only real way to play.

The episodes don't even come in to play for me. Their cheap enough that if I wanted one maybe I just don't eat at macdonalds once or twice a month. Easy peasy. Its the other stuff. The cash cap being the worst. Absolutely nothing can be done with 2k that's meaningful. The inventory and bank space is another big one. The other perks are just that..perks. Nice to have, but not game changers.

OTOH, as a returning player, if all I care about were the episode then with the 210 gift, it would be significantly cheaper over all to just buy say the last 2-3 episodes. But then I'd still be limited to the premium caps.

Should they change premium some? Absolutely. There's really no other reason not to increase the cash limit to say at least 25k. Its a blatant and sickening cash grab to force people to pay money to get access to ingame funds they've earned. At least now there's a mission to earn stabilizer fragments, even if it does take 2.5 runs to earn 1 full one.

But as we all well know...its not about the game. Never has been. Its only been about how much money they milk. And of course, obviously they are in it to make money, there are just a staggering amount of better ways to go about it.
  12. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

Business versus Charity.

I hope this Business sticks around, because it provides me with a lot of fun for a fraction of the cost that going out does :)
    • Like x 1