Regarding Legendary Accounts.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tipel, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Tipel New Player

Hi guys, I've been considering purchasing a Months Legendary, but I'm unlikely to be able to roll it over every month, due to personal financial circumstances at the moment.
    My question is if i buy a month and make a few different characters like Atom and light power set, once the month runs out will i still have access to those characters and be able to play them inbetween having the monthly sub?
  2. Schimaera Devoted Player

Yes.

But note that if you have too many toons and your sub runs out, you need to manually lock a few. You keep the powers and movement modes though.
  3. Tipel New Player

Excellent thank you, is there any benefit to premium accounts?
  4. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  5. recoil2 Dedicated Player

none really noteworthy; vault every 3 days, 2,000 cash cap instead of 1,500 (not enough to even repair a full set of gear at higher tiers), and you can mail/trade items, just a little extra inventory space (will quickly fill with anything you can't use like utility belts and other non-deletable stuff), 6 character slots etc. the only really beneficial one in the long run is being able to receive cash/items through the mail, mostly useless as most items one would want to trade in such a manner are character bound and you're stuck at 2,000 cash so getting more would just put it in escrow.
  6. Darth Jafo Well-Known Player

Not really no. Better than free obviously, but not by much. You'll see once you have to do without the membership. It really is largely unplayable without one
  7. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

Well if you drop your sub you can't play the game, simple and easy as that. You cant queue for latest PVE content, you likely can't do the grind pve feats, you cant farm for more legends if you already haven't done so, so LPVE is out of the question. You cant use the broker, you even struggle in repairing gear xd. I highly recommend to install Tetris on phone and give it a lot of tries, cause literally unless you gonna farm exo stacks, you won't have much you can do. Xd.

Some allmighty members that sub when the latest DLC comes out, think the system is perfect as it is. We give examples and some say, Oh! but this is a game, therefore, you can compare.

If you try to be premium, which is really unworthy, you have no idea. You will pay tons and tons of money upfront, and still be unable to do basic stuff. And since you are low on funds and you likely can't afford to pay this much money upfront. You will likely lose interest and maybe look for other games, but is like those dudes that buy membership when last dlc drops, sub up or find another game.

Daybreak gotta increase the decrease of the population on steam charts somehow.
    • Like x 1
  8. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

This post was last updated in 2017, but most of the points are still relevant today:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...egendary-or-when-you-become-legendary.155629/

I think the biggest change is that we now have an event version of the latest episode so while progression is slow, you can still enjoy a fraction of the content as a premium. Stacking scaling gear from the event (and vault) will help climbing the cr ladder. Be on the lookout for event doable feats as well.
    (Side note: It's ridiculous the Morgwar feat at throne is easier to achieve in the event version than other versions lol).

Feat purchasing and gear unlock is now a thing, so you might want to use it on them if you don't think loot unlocking is for you.

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm on a student budget so my way of subscription was, once upon a time, pay subscription for a year to get the most out of the savings, then save some of the Station Cash/Loyalty points to purchase Gear up bundle so I can retain my lair, utility belt and shield when I got downgraded to premium.

I'm not exactly in a good position to give out financial advice since I know nothing of your current financial situation, it's none of my business and you have every right to spend your money however the heck you want, but I'll give one anyway. Game subscription is, in economic terms, a luxury good, so if you are struggling to keep up with your necessities it's best to prevent your purse from excess bleeding until your income can continuously sustain it. Impulse shopping can hurt you in the long run so while you still can, assess the situation so you don't have to live in poverty just for a flash in the pan. Look before you leap!
    It looks like the event version is here to say, so while it's not as wholesome an experience it could have been, it's not completely unplayable as a premium even if you've completed the classic content progression.
    Classic LPVE characters aren't as varied as Legendary ones, but most of them are pretty good in LPVE content. Hardly out of the question.
    • Like x 1
  9. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

Event version is a terrible thing if you are a premium that brought let's say two dlcs AF3 and AOJ, if you get out of cr relevancy you stop earning marks. Plus event version gives you almost none feat progress and its temporary so even if you get 132 marks, later down the road when the new DLC comes, you either have to buy that DLC or have membership in order to use those marks or convert them to something interesting. Event version is only good for when you want to raise your cr as much as possible, expecially whit alts. However whit fast cr and no sp, no one will invite you or even kick you from content, so players especially new ones, must find strategies for thoose missing sp.

So about tetris. i heard there is a new p2w version of it, dont donwload it:D

Want me to list how many "good" legends pvp there are for free? And want to compare the number of legends pvps member have? Or even want to compare the amount of feats you miss from lpve by not having thoose same member only legends?

We can be here all day.
  10. Darth Jafo Well-Known Player

Do people still try and farm Legends? Text scrolls by so fast in watchtower with all the childish nonsense real stuff never gets seen
  11. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

You're trying to sell me that membership is an all or nothing deal. Such binary thinking. Can't say this mentality is very helpful at this discussion, but I digress.

Wait, you're assuming someone who has a limited budget bought episodes on top of the non-lasting membership. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Oh well.

Buying episode is terrible on its own. Whenever new episodes are launched, the older ones would be less valued by most of the community, which would only get worse as time goes on, leading to a hard time at finding people for group content. An attempt at getting the most out of old episodes is silly on its own because it doesn't matter if it's relevant to you personally, but how relevant it is to people who are active. This would happen regardless of the existence of episodic events. Unless you're actively seeking for disproportionate mark gain, doing event version is more likely to earn you marks that keeps you relevant to the rest.

Even DoS bounties is a rare sight on LFG nowadays, what hope do the money-locked episodes have?

As for sp, I gave out my "look out for event-doable feats" advice because it's a small opportunity event versions give, not that it dramatically impact your progression, but to dlc-less players, every bit helps, which wasn't something available to them back in the day. When you want to do proper end-game content or join feat groups high sp is a requirement, but just because you're not op enough doesn't automatically translate to restricted access to group content, which varies case by case.

Event version is by no means the best thing in the game, but it's not as cheap as just an alt farm. It lets new players have a taste of the latest thing rather than wait until they get to that point when it's no longer popular, it also lets those without full access to the game to continually experience a bit more rather than a total lockout like before. No one expects it to be a substitute for the real thing, or that it's a gateway drug to effortless end-game participation, which I assume is the reason you seem to belittle it.

I see what you did there. Pulling in LPvP because apparently LPvE is fairly easy to complete with most Legends huh.

Batman and Robin with their less-op-than-before-but-still-the-op-move Batarang are still good for alerts, the former is great at controlling opponents while the latter is pretty sweet at facing multiple opponents. Catwoman and Bane have high damage and most of all, Two-face's supercharge makes him a boss.

Legends unplayable without access to roster locked behind the paywall? Barf.

Oh unable to complete every single LPvE team-up feat you ask? Don't worry, not all subs have completed them even when they have purchase permit because what do you know, it's not the same thing as capable of earning marks to own all of them. Seize the opportunity when a promo happens to be part of a team-up that's relevant to the active LPvE alert so you get a tiny step forward!

Not having the full experience is not the same as unplayable. I'm not saying that you can get the same enjoyment out of a legendary as a premium, but having a discounted game experience and severe handicaps don't mean you can't have any fun with it. Just because you can't take full advantage of the game as a premium doesn't mean you can't make use of everything a premium has access to.

What is tetris?
    • Like x 1
  12. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I don't think people use LPvE to farm MoL...anything Legends related are mostly seen on LFG anyway.
    Back in the day when I was anticipating my fall from being Legendary I earned my 20 MoL a day by playing LPvP to complete my roster. These don't need a call to action.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Load of nonsense, you get what you pay for and only what you pay for.

You act like they've cut your leg off when in reality you just aren't prepared to pay any money.
    • Like x 3
  14. Proxystar #Perception

When out of relevancy you lose marks of victory from event not dlc specific marks.

In terms of feats, news flash for you, if you haven't paid for the dlc and you're exclusively playing the free event why do you think you deserve any feats.

Show me the money... oh wait you won't, nevermind keep complaining about how you want more for nothing while other people continue to pay for it.
    • Like x 1
  15. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

You taking over for me? Cause I still need my day to do chores and essays and revision.
    I expect a no though.:(
  16. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

I have been asking this same question over 3-4 years myself, still hoping to get an answer, why are this episode locked.

There are no feats you can get on event versions of the latest dlc. All feats are dlcs exclusive unless you talk about the styles on gear or the latest additions.

If you check my comment here you will have an idea why is not great: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/some-quick-newbie-questions.300492/

But also, event version is a joke, if normal pugging is like you have a rambo in your team. Event version is like everyone is a magical wizard in a real life.
    In both versions, players don't have a feeling/touch of the game mechanics and therefore, they will not be able to know if this is the game for them or not, so yes I'm pretty special about it. I enjoyed the event TTBE Elite very much, and to see it being trashed like this is a waste. That version game a real or a quite similar feeling of the game, but instead we have this jokes things.

Here I made you a list of legends tiers, member-only are marked in golden:

Tier S(God tier, either broken or some nasty stuff):
    • Catwoman (After nerf I never saw a catwoman ever again, i will still asume she is good, but it may be not)
    • Batman (Batman is a good char, even whitout spamming the previously bb)
    • Robin (Robin is like a god in the right adds, but for most 99% of the population, he is TERRIBLE)
    • 2-Face(5-Taps broken, in gereral this would go straigh to B tier)
    Tier A+:
    • Deathstroke
    • Wonder Woman
    • Lex Luthor
    • Bizarro
    • Black Adam
    Tier A:
    • Bane
    • Sinestro
    • Supergirl
    • Wonder Girl
    • Kyle Rayner
    • Saint Walker
    • Felix Faust
    Tier A-:
    • Huntress
    • Sinestro
    • Amon Sur
    • Cheetah
    • Ursa
    • The Flash
    • Zod
    Tier B+:
    • Nightwing
    • Steel
    • Hall Jordan
    • Guy Gardner
    • Green Arrow
    • Donna Troy
    • Atrocitus
    • Shazam
    Tier B:
    • Harley
    • Power Girl
    • Doctor Fate
    Tier B- (these dudes are a complete jokes haha):
    • Superman
    • Circe(after the nerf she never recover)
    • Arkillo
    • John Stewart
    • Kilowog(arkillo copy paste)
    32 legends are member-only, 7 are free.
    Unless u farming for Bat-family on that LPVE I don't know about you :D But also the team-up feats 90% of them you can't do it, inst that great?

You like the roaster, that's cool and stuff, but what are the odds in 42 legends the roaster coincide whit the ones you need? Even better what are the odds to coincide in one that you already hadn't done?

When you play a demo, do you not experience the full experience of the game? If I play a soccer demo, I will play a match and I have a total feeling what I'm going for, may not be the best team nor the team I wanted, but the feeling of a soccer match is there. However in this game, not that much. Whit "our" current demo, I don't know what is a role, what is a p0t, what is aggro, what am I'm supposed to do. Literally nothing. So yes I'm very against this. Perma open episodes is a must, either the company accepts it or not. Otherwise, people will not run older content, will not have the required stats(Because skip episodes) and the game lose and lose in quality.
  17. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

Oh boy, don't u see anything wrong in what you wrote? Im even amazed how u even let them have the event version in the first place.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, not sure if I'll entirely take over.

I think most people here have clued on to the fact though that Yvtq8K3n is just a premium player who isn't prepared to pay for anything and just wants it all for free though ;)
    • Like x 2
  19. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

-snips-

Two parts to this:

1) I am a magical wizard in real life. I have the magical superpower of being able to make people smile and feel good about themselves. I'd bet you have that magic too, if you'd choose to be positive rather than negative.

2) John Stewart for legends is a rifle character. He has a 5 tap non-blockable spam attack; making him most definitely broken/ not a low tier legend.
  20. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

Every time you say that gonna post this message: