Reduced sourcemarks in fos3, why?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by STsource, Aug 3, 2022.

1. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

I have a question. I know stat clamp happened last year. And I decided to give it time b4 I play again due to stat clamp. How is stat clamp working for you in this game as a whole?
    Does it feel like timegate where u feel like you have to spend money to spend less time to get what u want out of the game?

Does the time you spend in raids to get rewards feel like grieving due to the amount of time you spend in a mission. I'm asking cause I don't want to play something that waste my time but get addicted to it and deal with depression at the same time if that make sense
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There are a lot of variables depending on what you are running and who you are running with. For players in the same position as me there is no real "reward" for running clamped content so I avoid it. The clamped content itself is fine, too many inexperienced players will weigh the group down per usual.
    • Like x 1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's 16, and If I'm doing that I do DD or prime. 8 Omni boxes in 15 min is the best return of all.;) FOS3 is a PITA as the sentries keep coming out so it takes longer to solo. And no...you'd never have seen it because I don't open it to allow others to 'leech' off me....only I may leach off me.

If they 'keep going' and start adding marks to the 'bad' runs, I won't say anything else.....but from the sounds of it, that's not exactly the plan. PULL marks from stuff...sure...ADD? That's just crazy talk man.

EDIT: At this point most of the 16 are just to pick up the daily grants so I can open a TON of TCs next mega....but yeah, when I do pull them in for a raid....you aren't going to see me.....nice try though. Those runs with 6 people just standing around are just normal Omni runs....congrats.
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This has been the case for a while...at least since clamp, but maybe before. I wasn't keeping anyone in 'prime' CR for mark farms weekly, so I'm not sure pre clamp.
  5. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

It's been awhile Lorax. Ok question. Are you force to play clamp content if decide to play a lower tier mission or you can play a lower teir mission unclamped?
  6. Proxystar #Perception

genuine lol, good stuff :D
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Oh I'm sure it has been, I'm just finding out now but I'm curious what other raids are giving out piss poor marks?
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yes all content in-game enforces a stat clamp except for: the three most current episodes, open world Gotham, open world Metropolis and the various headquarters/safehouses.
  9. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Its decent... But if you're like me and you're looking for your character to feel POWERFUL in older content then the older content will feel sluggish and monotonous..

Again, incentive should be HIGHER to run older and LONG monotonous content. It would ease the pain to know my time is being valued running something ive ran the last 8 years lol

DEVS, be honest, How much dopamine do you expect us to have running the same thing year after year or month after month? The only way we will receive a constant high and exciting dopamine is thru GREAT REWARDS!!! Devs get it right!
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not to get off subject, but you asked.....

The clamp is working fine, but I believe not to the intended effect. If you like running random stuff with random people, it's great. If you like re-explaining simple mechanics in runs you ran 6-10 years ago, it's great. If you like spamming old content to get marks to buy things you don't...or at least DIDN'T need before the clamp...it's great...at least for now.

If you are looking to run old content at a 'challenge' similar to when it was new...look elsewhere. If you expect it to create better endgame players...nope. If you think that old run will be even close to as fun than it was years ago when you beat it with friends the first, second or third time you attempted it...think again.

Elite does provide some challenge, mostly if you make a group and go in for a reason (like a feat), but reg, nah...still pretty much just pew pew and will either be easy pesie, open your eyes once every few min so you don't fall behind or a crap fest you are better walking out of vs plowing through. The one constant is it's slower now...which if you are looking for slower runs....you are in luck.
    • Like x 3
  11. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Forced. Can't play it unclamped. All of the effort you put years into building your character and gear is essentially worthless in the lower tier missions, aside from your artifacts (this is called 'stat-piercing' I think).
    • Like x 2
  12. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

I'm kinda mix about this, cuz i do luv mechanics, but at the same time I like speed runs when it come to doing something over and over again when it comes to a specific grind
    • Like x 1
  13. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Would the grind feels less rewarding? Is it possible to do speed runs in low tier content or no?
  14. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Not so long ago, before the clamp, after I had ran the end game stuff - I used to love random queuing into the old Elite raids and running them to try and get random rare items or feats. There'd usually be 1 or 2 new players (or perhaps, undergeared alts) in the run that we would be helping get feats or gear for as well. But those days seem long gone.
    • Like x 3
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Everyone has to be on their P's and Q's.
    • Like x 1
  16. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

so has part of the game been more time consuming than fun? sorry if I'm asking too much
    • Like x 1
  17. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

thanks 4 the response
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It depends on what you consider 'fun'. Everything in the game is time consuming.
    • Like x 5
  19. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

Oh brother, cry me a river lol.
  20. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

With all this hemming and hawing, to be honest, I probably Omni into God of Monsters 2-3X as much as either FOS 3 or Doomsday.
    • Like x 4