Really bad lag inside instances..

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by lRiCk, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brice Allen Loyal Player

This morning while in Paradox at 2:15AM EST. Me and the other 7 members of the Raid were DC'd while fighting the big boss in the center room. All 8 of us experienced the same exact disconnect. ie: Our screens froze and DCUO stopped working (however, no crash report window came up for any of us).
    Not sure if this is part of the issue you guys area having but thought I'd report it either way to see if it could possibly help.
  2. FaLeX Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. WorldsDown New Player

I approve and thumbed up this great thread. As you all were. o_O
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It is hard to say for certain, but that sounds like a separate issue.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Did anyone experience the type of lag described in this video below - where the game seems to "lag out" for several seconds - specifically yesterday, last night, or this morning? Please let us know with exact time if possible!

• Like x 1
  6. The Hornet New Player

No. Tangentially, thanks Mepps, devs, and fellow players for helping get this sorted out. I was able to get a few runs in last night, much appreciated.
  7. Ge0F0rce Well-Known Player

Yes this morning at around 9:45 am est USPC in the Oan Sciencells alert
  8. x2TMx New Player

Running Wave (USPS3 Villain) started at about 6:00pm (EST)

6:20 Froze completely inside the instance after we beat the first boss, used the teleporter to main room. Once I pressed O to activate the entrance to the next portal I froze and had to restart system.

6:40 Fighting in 3rd hallway we have the boss down to 1/4 (the standing one that does the 3 swipes and charges at you) and the whole raid except 2 players are completely stuck. Everyone on my screen is standing still including the boss for about 20 seconds while we laugh at the luck. Once we "catch up" we are all dead.

7:00 Go in again beat the boss and leave the tunnel, go to repair. Once I press O to repair I hard freeze again and have to reset.

I don't know the time exactly but I guess around the times it happened if that helps you guys at all.
    • Like x 1
  9. Goony New Player

yes we were running nexus last night at 1am est wednesday is when it happened until we finished the raid at 3 am, 3 or 4 memebers of our raid had this lag. it got so bad it caused us to disconnect or try to restart to see if it would fix it
  10. Goony New Player

there is a thread about this here
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...o-see-description-on-items-in-vendors.162553/
  11. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

I played for around 3 hours last night (10PM July 17th - 1AM July 18th) and did not experience the lag. Since the issue began I have experienced it every night so I was extremely happy to not have it affecting me.
  12. FESTER665 Devoted Player

That brings joy to my heart. I'm hoping to get online tonight after work so I'm hopeful whatever they did with their ISP or backbone or whatever did the trick....

Glad to see we just didn't get written off like the people who say "get better internet" always seem to cry out just because it wasn't happening to them.
    • Like x 1
  13. WorldsDown New Player

No doubt, and it's not exclusive to this forum. It's annoying no matter where you read it.
  14. Ge0F0rce Well-Known Player

Im still getting it, PvP arena the Pit, at 11:11am est USPC
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are looking for specific reports of this kind of lag occurring today after the time of this post (after about 8:00AM Pacific). Please remember to provide your server, the time, and a description of what happened. Thanks!
  16. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

• USPC
    • ~8:00 AM PST (maybe coincided with the changes made that you are now trying to see if they fixed the problem?)
    • Gotham - Ace Chemicals area where Ace enemies throw toxic chemical barrels into the water
    • Short spurt of lag
    • Saw an Ace Lieutenant start to fall through the ground, but then everything resumed as normal. The Lieutenant barely fell through the ground before the lag stopped.
    • USPC
    • ~8:30 AM PST
    • The Hunt Tier 5 Solo Challenge
    • Another short spurt of lag
    • Tried to block break when stunned by Blowtorch's electric cord and by the time the animation finished, I was covered in fire and dead.

Other than the above, the lag is rarely noticeable. The above may not even be worth worrying about since the first may have been a one-off due to changes made and the second was more familiar lag that occurs with online gaming from time to time.

All in all, thank you for your efforts as it has been a few days since I experienced the horrible lag I was experiencing.
  17. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

For myself it appears to now be resolved. Thank you for making this a priority.
    • Like x 1
  18. BOXIE Well-Known Player

yes my league did. During nexus run. It was so bad that we couldn't finish the raid.
  19. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Ran 4v4 PvP, 8v8 PvP, Dawn, and Prime with no major issues....

Hoping to get a Nexus run in tonight so will post again, but it seems a ton better after last nights runs.
  20. Nightwish Well-Known Player

Good to see the problem has been resolve for others. Unfortunately, the problem still persist on my end and it's very tiresome. I hate being that guy that nobody really wants to run with because I could lag/disconnect at any moment. I'm pretty much unreliable right now.

The only raid I'm able to complete fully is FOS 3. Other than that, I haven't been able to complete any other raid fully in one and a half month now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.