Really bad lag inside instances..

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by lRiCk, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lRiCk New Player

Hello,
    Well first of all, I want to explain that this lag is somewhat hard to explain but I will try my best. For the past couple of days I have been experiencing really bad lag in my instances. I noticed that this problem happens to me mostly when I am in Nexus. I am able to get through the first boss with no problem. However, when we head to the next bosses, that is when the horrible lag starts. Usually what happens is that gameplay seems to be much slower then usual, and while this happens my powers seem to take much longer then usual to load up. For example, my recharge will take a good 5-10 seconds to load up again. Another thing which happens is that my screen will completely freeze for a good 3 seconds, and start back up again but in slower gameplay still. I had heard someone else saying they were having the same issues, but not everyone seemed to have it. So I restarted my whole ps3, and when I get in the horrible lag is still there. I restart my whole system again, this time even restarting my whole modem. I get back in nexus, still really laggy. Even the other player restarted and it was the same for him. The weird thing about it is that when we beat it, I go out of the instance and I am completely lag free. Somehow it just stops. Like I said in the beginning, I never had experienced this lag, and over the past couple of days it just popped out of nowhere.
    • Like x 18
  2. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Similar issue here too. Mine has been since GU27 and I get it mainly in the T5 Operations and Nexus. The lag for me is a combination of the few second freezing, plus the enemies fall through the floor and sometimes will turn and run away, then they will instantly appear in front of me. Also I will see no damage numbers and then a suddenly blast of numbers everywhere then back to none.

Everyone I know that has experienced this live in the Southeast of the US and we all have Comcast as our ISP. Is that the same for you? Also I'm on USPS3. What server are you playing on?
  3. lRiCk New Player

Yup exactly what I see too. I forgot about the things falling through the floor but it happens to me as well. Im also on USPs3 and live in central with comcast as well. So I'm not really sure what is happening but this mever happened to me before throughout the duration I have been playing the game.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are investigating. Thank you for the reports, and please continue to provide any details you can.
  5. Bobburt Committed Player

Been happening A TON lately. Had to relog twice just to run Nexus. Seems like there's lag everywhere I go in the game.
  6. Ebon Angel New Player

I also have tremendous lag in challenges for the past few days. The lag causes enemies to not appear and there is a delay in power abilities. Also, since Saturday, I am unable to see the NPCs during the T4 solo missions at ACE. I am forced to use pets, or henchman to get an idea of what area to shoot at. I am in the East, USPS3, and do NOT have Comcast.
  7. tjefferson_lives Active Player

it's not comcast, have horrible lag constantly since you can't phase with. watched a full 1 hour and 22 minute concert on you tube. Never lagged or buffered once. The in game lag is like I'm connecting to servers overseas, far from the US. I even dropped my in game graphics to the lowest level. My best guess as an I.T. guy is server load vs throughput.
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I live in the west in the mountain region of the US. I live an hour east of the Rockies. I have very fast internet through Comcast, and up until Update 27, I had no issues.

Day 1 after update - Had some major lag on the Atlantean ships near Little Bohemia. Passed it off as a one off event and ignored it.
    Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - Wayward Souls had major lag outside in Gotham. Inside with Fate and Grundy, all was fine.
    Saturday - Experienced the server-wide USPC lag/hitching.
    Sunday - In the afternoon, I helped a low level play Gorilla Island and we had a lot of lag throughout
    Sunday - Also in the afternoon following Gorilla Island, Atlantean ships had lag comparable to that which was experienced Saturday server-wide.
    Sunday - In the evening, I played Arkham. Had major lag in the final fights after beating Scarecrow. Ivy, adds, and my group members would stop moving and then start up again and damage I had done would register all at once. Lag diminished but did not completely go away once Ivy was down and we fought Freeze.

I ran Arkham three times Friday without a problem. I ran Wayward Souls this morning with no issues. The lag seems to come and go, but it may be worse in the evenings when more players are on.
  9. Bobburt Committed Player

Currently in a Paradox Wave. The lag is just terrible. Almost to the point where it isn't worth continuing.
  10. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

It's not just Nexus, it's any instance really for me at least. I was in a duo and lagging. The only thing I can successfully run is the vault :( It's been better today. But the last few days it's been really bad. I ended up recording some of the instances I was in. This was recorded last night when the lag was the worst.

• Like x 5
  11. Dr LovexD New Player

yes that's exactly the lag im having Brittney
  12. Kordana New Player

This is also happening to me a lot in the last few days (on uspc), but not just in instances. Also was happening while fighting oolong and morrow bot in open world. It's definitely happening in Nexus and t5a's, but I ran the huntress and bizarro challenges and everything was fine.

It's definitely an odd type of lag and kind of hard to describe. Not like normal lag you get when your internet is slow or you're about to DC.
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

If you can remember, please try to be as specific as possible with the following information. We are especially looking to know where in-game you experience this and what times of day.
    • Server
    • Exact time
    • Where in-game (what instance)
    • Does it happen all the time, or does it come and go?
    • Describe what happens in detail
    • Like x 1
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Had major lag this morning on USPC server In Gotham while doing the solo Infiltrate Ace outside missions. It occurred between 7:00 and 7:30 AM MST (6:00-6:30 AM PST). I also had quite a bit of lag in the Wayward Souls operation both outside in Gotham and fighting Grundy at the end. That occurred between 7:00 AM and 7:30 AM MST (6:00-6:30 AM PST).

The lag dissipated after Wayward, came back a little later when inside the Intergang hideout doing the mission to save Batwoman and vanquish the CR70+ villain that shows up after. I forget the name of the mission now. It occurred around 7:45 AM MST (6:45 AM PST).

I had no more lag after that while I ran for another hour and a half.
  15. Dump Truck New Player

It seems to happen on all servers simultaniously. I know from the weekend when I created a post on USPS3 at hte same time USPC and EUPS3 players were also chiming in and creating their own threads.

I created a time on my post in Gotham. 7:15pm Saturday evening. The same issues plagued all servers it seems and rendered the game unplayable for the majority of the evening.
  16. Caseyyeah Committed Player

This is the exact issue I have. I get it most often in the T5 Central City instances and occasionally in the Alt Gotham or Alt Metropolis.

I get these between 9 pm and midnight central time. I play on the USPS3 server.
  17. Kordana New Player

It happened to me last night around 11pm-12am (pacific time) on USPC in Nexus. It would come and go while in the instance, but the interesting thing was that it was only happening to about half our raid group and the half that it was happening to would experience the same lag spikes at the same time. We were talking in TS and the lag would get good and bad (mostly bad) at the same time for the people effected. The other half of the group was completely fine. I should have checked to see if it was based on geographical location for the people effected, but I didn't think of it until after the group broke up because the lag was unplayable.
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Does anyone have a way of ensuring or making the "lag" happen? Can you go to X instance at X time of day and always see the problem, or is it more random / on and off than that?
  19. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Sorry, I was in a hurry when I posted earlier and did not give details as to what I saw.

I ended up stuck inside a vat while fighting the Saturated Chemoid outside the Ace Chemical plant. Then, when I teleported and came back, hitting the Chemoid would not cause its health to go down. After a couple seconds of being seemingly invulnerable and not moving, the Chemoid would come to life and the hits would register at once. I also was taking lots of damage suddenly and watched my health bar go from full to half full in less than a second.

In Wayward Souls, the souls would move from one portion of the map to another in a split second; damage would not always register right away and would stack as described against the Chemoid. At one point, my group moved from three buildings away to the building I was on in a split second. One of the group members wiped as a result, and another group member had to pick him/her up. Oddly, the group member who fell appeared to time out on my screen before the group member picked him/her up.

In the Intergang map, enemies I was fighting would fall into the ground, then suddenly be back on solid ground. Damage would not register right away and would suddenly stack as described before, etc. etc.

When I describe this lag to other players, their comments are similar: "I'd stop playing if that was happening to me." As a software developer, I am very aware of how much time it can take to track down big bugs, especially when they are not reproducible on all systems. I hope that the developer team for this game can track them down soon before players start leaving.

Yesterday morning around 6 AM PST, I chased an escaped prisoner in the East End Police Station only to see him run through and under a set of stairs, go under the watchtower portal, and end up in the next room down and captured. Clearly, someone without this lag issue caught him.

Also, on a side note: I've been playing this game for nearly three months, and there have already been three instances with pretty major issues that affected multiple players. The thousands of players (at least, that's what I read in chat) who were told they were banned one weekend, the login issues that occurred the following weekend due to a login server issue, and then this past weekend with the unplayable hitching that occurred.

Are these widespread issues something I can come to expect as I play this game longer? I feel uneasy playing this game at times. I want to enjoy myself, not worry about another mass ban that could potentially leave me unable to ever play again or an update that makes the game unbearable to play due to lag issues.
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are working very hard to make sure the "lag" and performance problems are not a regular thing. We're also trying very hard not to introduce the possibility of exploits, but I'd say you can expect us to continue to ban those who use them.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.