Really bad lag inside instances..

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by lRiCk, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hornet New Player

USPS3
    Test Subject T5 solo
    12:15 p.m. Central
    Same issues as reported earlier, but also in the solos. I'd best sum it up as the kinked-hose effect, You can move a little, do a little, then when the action starts, everyone stops moving, then when the animation catches up to what's going on, numbers just roll. Can't play the instance, enemies teleport and throw combos as if there's no issue, and you can't even see what they're doing to hope to counter. Fingers crossed for tonight's fix, came back from a break (school/work) and trying to gear up so I can help the league raid, missed back-to-back nights now where the lag was just so bad you legitimately couldn't play the game.
  2. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Videos of Lag (All times are EDT)
    Playing on USPS3. Videos are edited to reduce the length of the video and to show specific times when it occurs. The lag persisted all night

Last Night (July 14th PM - July 15th AM)

Tonight (July 15th PM - July 16th AM)
    • Like x 5
  3. Sgt Forge New Player

USPS3
    Dawn
    ~11-12PM MT
    Insane lag..10-15 sec cooldown on Defib when solo trolling(with a solo healer) sucks! Enemies falling through the floor, teammates gliding around the rooma nd through walls. Large burst of damage ( to and from me) All power had extended coolldowns, but defib was the worst.

Top it all off, voice chat is down..again...

Would have recorded, but my wife needed the laptop, will have it set up in the future.
  4. Badname8293 New Player

dont worry they doing a hotfix to fix some pvp ********, but not the lag
  5. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Because they don't know what is causing it. They are researching but they can't fix something if they don't know what's broken. I hate to defend this but seriously your comment does no good toward getting the issue resolved.
    • Like x 1
  6. D0SE New Player

I'm curious if most people use port forwarding on the ps3. I have lag issues here and there, but nothing to the extent that others are having.
  7. Supaj New Player

I have been playing this game for close to 2 years now, I am the ultimate lurker on the forums, therefore first post here. I have seen every up and down of this game, and refuse to give up on it yet, but this lag has to be the most frustrating thing to witness since update 27 hit. I have stopped running t5 and pvp until it is fixed. I can't tank anything with adds running through walls. And i know it's not my internet, as I have been able to stream movies simultaneously while playing, now, and in the past.

Mepps, I have noticed something odd occurring at any vendor in the game. I do not have the tech to record it happening, but interact with any gear vendor, and scroll down on any menu or gear stats, every 5 seconds. and i mean exactly 5 sec, the vendor refreshes, and it scrolls you back to the top. For example, looking at the cr level of the t5 atlantean gear, i have to "re-scroll" down every 5 seconds. I have no idea if this is contributing, but something to look into. Most game menus are being forced to refresh constantly. even without scrolling, I can hear the refresh clicks. Only reason I mention this is no one else has.

Cheers
    • Like x 1
  8. Clifwing New Player

I'm having terrible lag on USPC. It's consistent and makes the game unplayable. Same lag as in those videos.
  9. Badname8293 New Player

do you port forwrd? what ports do i need to open? this is for ps3
  10. Badname8293 New Player

i would think with this being such a popular game and us paying monthly fees that they would resolve this quick, even if it means contracting someone to actually look into, im sure the dev team must know someone who can get to the bottom of this in a matter of a few hours or even minutes. obviously ur "engineers" dont know wtf to do
  11. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Unless GU27 went into my router through my network and changed settings I have everything opened for my PS3. This all started for me with the server optimization (AKA cram everyone into the same servers so we can try to run less) and now the game is brutal. The league is having less and less people log in because "it's useless to try to run until they fix it". That's the exact line I get texted to me daily from members of the league.

I'm trying to think back to when we got megaservers if this was happening. Does anyone remember if this was one of the issues? I keep thinking of the disaster that was GU3 in my mind...

PS, Sorry Nekron 99 if I seem like a stalker, it's just you always seem to post something worthy of a thumbs up. LOL
  12. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I've noticed that as well just never thought they might be connected. At this point though maybe there is something with it...... Good call.

Also when looking at item descriptions when I scroll down it will reset back to the top. It can make reading thins a total pain, especially the mods to see what powers work with empowered channeling...
    • Like x 1
  13. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

I have my PS3 behind the DMZ. All ports are open to the PS3. On top of that I have even tried using Google and Open DNS public servers in case it was a Comcast DNS issue but neither fixed the issue.
    • Like x 3
  14. Kam New Player

My ps3 is in the DMZ. That covers all possible port restrictions.

But does not solve the nasty lag in game. I still have not been able to run paradox because of it..
    • Like x 2
  15. FaLeX Dedicated Player

Nekron 99 & I have talked about this issue

1. His PS3 is wired connection
    2. Runs Static IP w/ it in the DMZ (no port forwarding required)
    3. We even tried changing his DNS settings from Comcrap to using Google DNS or Open DNS

None of this has helped his lag issue, it is most likely a DCUO client or server issue

Using the video examples he posted above, during the entire incident of game lag, his voice chat was fine
    We were able to call out incidents & he would be at least 5 seconds behind (Tala is dead Nekron, stop attacking, but on his screen she was very much alive)

If it was his internet connection, I would expect his voice chat to stutter or break up, BUT he was crystal clear on the mic except the action was delayed on his screen

Aren't the Chat & Game on two different servers, seems like the issue is from game servers....some change either hardware or software that was introduced during the last game update is causing this, too bad they can't roll back
    • Like x 2
  16. FESTER665 Devoted Player

This is usually the case in our league as well..... You'll hear people clear as day "welp, i'm lagging hard again, let me know whats going on, ill just spam heals/recharge and hope for the best......"
    • Like x 2
  17. FaLeX Dedicated Player

Side Note for Discussion:

If you want to look at the issue outside the box, the only other thing i noticed that might be the culprit...

Game Update 27 dropped on June 25

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...-downtime-june-25-2013-game-update-27.160678/

&

The New PS3 firmware 4.46 dropped on June 27 two days later....

Maybe something in the NEW firmware is causing an issue, since they dropped very close in time, it might be hard to discern what is actually causing the issue....DCUO servers or PS3
  18. FESTER665 Devoted Player

The PC crowd is having the exact same issues as the PS3 users. I really think it was something with the server stuff putting everyone on the same stuff with your league and friends list. Just like you said, I WISH they could just roll back and start over because I didnt have these problems pre-GU27.
  19. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Yeah whatever is causing the awful lag is affecting PC and PS3 based on peoples reports of it so it would seem at face value to not be related to the Playstations Firmware. I can only try to rule out things on my end in hopes it helps SOE narrow it down from their side. I know it's not DNS, ports, bandwidth up or down, wireless signal loss, a loose cable, or modem/router hardware.

I have changed my DNS, my PS3 is behind the DMZ, I have checked my bandwidth while the lag is happening and I'm getting 19 mbs down and 5 mbs up, I have a wired connection directly to my router, I have changed CAT6 cables from my PS3 to my router and my router to my modem, and I have switched out my router for another router I had at the house, I have had Comcast send test signals to the modem and it seems to be functioning correctly, and I have no issues when playing other online games. I've pretty much exhausted all my resources on finding the problem on my end.

Hopefully SOE is coming up with something on their end.
    • Like x 2
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Small update:

• Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.