Read This: <---- Stat Flattening, Cutting Through The Hype!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Oh i doubt it would take 2 of us, that was just what we tried, I can do another video later and scale my gear down to see where it becomes hard.

Let's face it though, it's not all that bad to make it a little bit harder for a little bit longer, however; the way it first started out was so much worse than it is now, so I think a good balance is being found.
    • Like x 1
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

would you? then scale it to where it becomes a "cake walk"
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I can try yeah, looks like I have a busy night ahead later lol :D
  4. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

Yeah, but the problem though is how many overgeared players still run the lesser content where there may be a practicing tank or healer.

True they'll die slower (semi-good news for progressing tanks), but the players take less damage meaning not as much need for a practicing healer at the same time nor for the tank to be there either.

Both of those are still an issue in my eyes for the content. But like I said, all I can do is judge on finalization.

Once they get stat flattening stabilized, hopefully they will work on optional stat clamping.

I think one of the big problems with the perception of GU47 is the initial version which made the stat flattening behave similar to stat clamping resulting in those against stat clamping getting upset and those in favor of it being disappointed when it was adjusted. If they do eventually give us optional stat clamping with walk-ins for everything that should satisfy most people. Just because optional stat clamping isn't in GU47, doesn't mean it's not coming.
    • Like x 2
  6. Sore Steadfast Player

I think stat flattening changes some things. Where you might have been able to solo something at one tier above, you may need to be two tiers above. That is a change. Nobody is pretending it isn't a change. But in terms of change, it seems like small beans.

Good effort proxy. I applaud your work!
    • Like x 4
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks Sore, much appreciated, and you're exactly right the difference is exactly that, the "cake walk" starts to kick in when you're two tiers above the content, that doesn't mean of course solo beating "certain content" closer than that isn't possible. I have a Raven video uploading right now.

It's all sitting quite nicely now in my opinion, When it first dropped, it was atrocious, getting wrecked in Fos1 when you're T6 wasn't fun lol :D but when you think about it rationally now, it's a far better leveling experience when it operates like this.

You're going to have a slightly harder time now power leveling your own characters for example by farming Raven early on, doesn't mean you can't not be carried, but it means at least people are going to have to "learn to play more" and that's an important thing to remember.

We have to preserve both aspects, limiting "easy breeze like content" and retaining the fun casual type stomp you can do when over-powered on content you want to go and smash for fun just because you can, showing how powerful you've become in the process. Both are important things in DC Universe.
    • Like x 2
  8. Proxystar #Perception

This is Raven at CR106, it became significantly tougher at this stage, However; I will say my run was a bit rough lol, There is room to certainly make it much smoother, I actually did do a smoother run but forgot to press the record button.

The gear I was wearing was full Amazon Strategos, so it's basically the start of T6, fighting one of the tougher bounties from the middle of T5, so it's a pretty good balance, sure you can't solo it in CR90 gear anymore, but as I said above as well, this isn't entirely a bad thing.

I also did a video, I can upload if you really want in CR108, which becomes easier still than this one, quite noticeably and then CR114 which most people are currently at where I tore it apart.
    • Like x 2
  9. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

A fairly large percentage of the player base can't access the test server or have rights to post in the development section.

Would the recent changes have been made without the recent brouhaha on the forums? Would you rather that we (PS subscribers) found out about the changes when it was too late to do anything about them?

Personally, I'd rather things get emotive and heated....especially as quite often it's the only way to get a comprehensive idea of what's actually happening, and comments from a dev.
    • Like x 2
  10. KDICHU Well-Known Player

Very nice, Would you possibly be able to do Gates? its something I tend to Solo every once in awhile but I think im ok with T5 stepping up its game I also saw a video of someone getting destroyed in Prime I think it was the player tho they were on Tests at 124cr but I don't remember if its b4 or after the last Test Patch great thread informational not just a normal misinformed one
  11. The Anxient Loyal Player

Thanks proxy. Very nice of you to take time out of your playing to help/inform ps players.
  12. Makineko Committed Player

This is a good idea and one of the rare constructive threads I've seen on gu47. Hopefully it'll help put others mind at rest slightly as we don't need the millionth "I'm quitting thread" or the misinformation that some people still cling to when they call it "stat clamping".
    • Like x 2
  13. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I am wondering, if they moved the threshold to far, we can do this on live outside the 124CR part.

Why not just set the damage to swing at the base CR of the content and allow the more damage, give and receive, less damage, give and receive when the player is above/below by 1 tier.

Example:

CR53 FOS1- Player receives more damage but less than if there equipped CR was 52.
    - Players receive less damage but more than if there equipped CR was 54.

Even better why not just set it to an average stat of that tier, like health or defense to whether damage given/received, and have the CR being the base determining factor for amount of damage taken or given.

For the life of me, for this game, I still can't get over the CR determining how hard one gets hit vs stats being it would have created a need for other roles for survivability, due to the extra damage taken from all roles.

Feels like a wasted opportunity to get players to run either balanced groups or not.

I guess we will just have to get use to the fact that solo Trolling is the norm, I've held out long enough.

The bad DPS reign supreme, the game definitely is easy mode.

Oh yeah, Proxy the video of the sp, innates are you still going to make it?
  14. Proxystar #Perception

The trash mobs weren't too bad, I used mental to prove somewhat that it doesn't require quantum. Mental is arguably the worst AM in the game, well one of them in my opinion.

I haven't used it for a while, but hey. :D

I only went as far as the bridge for time reasons

That supergirl perma stun though :eek:
    • Like x 2
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Yep working through all the requests :D
    • Like x 1
  16. Makineko Committed Player

Hey, stop picking on my favourite power.....:(

The Am is so inconsistent it's painful though :oops:
    • Like x 1
  17. Remander Steadfast Player

• Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Did Gates as rage, I certainly wasn't being as efficient as possible with the DPS rotation, I don't rage DPS much.

I was CR116 the only part that was somewhat challenging was the final boss, but only because the CC was real and you spent more power breaking out than doing damage it seemed o_O

If you're more familiar with the power I doubt you'll find it much of a challenge at CR116+ which is appropriate given its Tier 4 content.

• Like x 1
  19. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

How are those duos and campaign videos coming along?

Truism: High tier players will "always" meet the "2 CR requirement" for stat flattening in low end content.

Bottom Line: To me, testing T1 and T2 should have taken priority over the other tiers.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

what campaigns do you want me to test and what CR do you want me to be? same with duos, let me know specifics :D