Raid etiquette.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by VV, Feb 20, 2016.

1. VV Dedicated Player

This post is mostly directed towards my new "friends" from the Play-station server. Ever since the merge I've been into annoying raids/groups. I've had some bad experiences. Well today, I've had enough. There is a limit for everything but somehow you people transcend the horizon! Oi mate it will be a long post so buckle up!

The points mentioned below are graded by their intensity of annoyance. Top-down::Low-high.

:p BANTER: Though banter isn't a big deal, it has to be mentioned as not a lot of PC players know about it or understand the concept of it. It's not us being thick but the general PC community does not banter. So if you do try to tease us please start gentle or you'll end up having someone freak out. It's still not a big deal. It's green for a reason ;)

:oops: ELITISM: I do raids every day and not just on a reset day. I usually do them with my friends but every now and then we have to pug. I will provide you with three examples ( 100% Real instances; Yes that happened )

(i) Holy scoreboards:
    I and my friends have planned to run HHe as we were trying for the GGS feat. I just asked "her" to switch her character since it's ~raid time~ . She was on voice chat and was laughing really darn hard. Out of my curiosity I've asked her what was up, well she was in an NGN queue. [ CR 112 Celestial healer + ~210SP ] The score card recorded a time of 49 minutes and she's still stuck at the first boss. The amusing part of that score card wasn't the time. It was the longest one I've ever seen, more than 30 people with ( 0 - 0 - 0 ) score. People who get into the open instance screaming in mic about kicking the healer off because she's 112 and a "noob" . By people I meant CR 150+ . I remember beating NGN when I had a 113CR as a tank. I had 100SP. (YES I WAS THAT GUY). Well it could've been a hard time if the entire group was a bunch of low CRs. NEGATIVE . The new requirement for NGN is CR 150+ SP 260+ ( figure of speech alert!:eek: ) . The raid ended up with me and a few of my friends running it as 5 people. She still solo healed.

(ii) Feeling rejected:
    If you post on LFG about your stats/Required instance/role and get invited into a group. Please consider staying for atleast 10 seconds. I tried pugging the other day. Everyone I group with leaves the group without notice. It's not even an incomplete group. It's usually like 4/8. They still leave the group even upon greeting and naming the raid. Why do you even post in LFG if you aren't going to stay in a group? Is it a PS trolling culture? or are you rejecting us PC players? The other day when I invited a ":eek: TROLL 203 SP 155CR LF PBe " into a 7/8 group. He stayed for a minute without queuing, asked us whether we have enough competence to run with him and when we said "yes". He just quit. Well thank you sire. We're here all day waiting to tell you that we are competent enough to run with you.

(iii) I know you have friends:
    This is today. It made me mad. There was a group stuck in PB elite, Grodd section. I've joined the group as a DPS to help them. They've tried once and thought of disbanding. I needed the loot on the last boss so I decided to stay with another poor bloke who wanted to run with me (He was a nice guy from PS, the rare type). So we got some pugs from LFG, they had decent stats and suddenly they kept adding their own league. Sure, why not. The more the merrier. Nobody cares if others got people too right? Keeping that aside. Once we were 7/8. They asked me to switch to troll. (I was tired, I wanted to DPS but whatever gets me the loot ) I did. Then they started to guide me about trolling. I've told them, I knew how to troll. Yes I debuff :eek: and I've ran the raid before. They went rampant on my face calling me names and "Hey Mr.OP" . I've politely ignored it considering it banter. The last thing I've heard was someone screaming "Bye bye noob!" in the mic and I was kicked. Well, at your service sir! I did my job which was catering you a raid. I even run on vit soders for the extra edge... There goes an exo.

OP Waist Shilling :
    [IMG]
    It's just rude...Now I know that there are some leagues to watch out from. Would I name it? D:
    No, I will if you know me in game and ask me over there.

:mad: Eating microphones:
    I am completely okay with open microphones. It's fun to talk while raiding and it's efficient to have a mic too but please try to avoid doing the following with your mics:
    1. Coughing on it. I have bass turned on. It feels like you coughed up in my ears. Sorry for being honest. It's gross!
    2. I don't enjoy *insert song* could you please turn it down? or maybe use tap talk? It hurts my head. I will end up muting you but that's not how etiquette works.
    3. Kids. I know you're a busy parent and have kids to take care of. Them screaming around could be annoying to some people. ( Not me. I love kids :3 just being a proxy here)
    4. Breathing and eating. Breathing is kinda acceptable. Eating? NO THANK YOU! ( infer from 1 )

That's pretty much it. It would be appreciated if you could try to work on them. Also, it's not just me. Almost everyone from PC has similar complaints.
    • Like x 12
  2. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

And from the PS side - please don't have a crack at the group because they're not purely focusing on Freeze in the seasonal and then disconnect* when we wipe because Freeze is acting up.

Secondly don't just walk out of instance after the first wipe. Maybe say something along the lines of "sorry, gtg".

I expect this sort of thing from PS players, but I was led to believe that the PC folk were better behaved :(

* yes, he DCd. Yes he was PC...which makes it worse, because I understand it's not as easy to disgracefully exit the game on PC as it is on PS.
    • Like x 2
  3. Controller Devoted Player

LOL GREAT POST.

I've heard just about ALL from this Cross-Play merger so far, so I feel ya.

Today was a head scratcher for me, though....you know that ANNOYING chirping sound you get from your smoke alarm when the battery is low? Well, someone chose to keep it LIVE on the mic.....o_Oo_O

Once I localized who it was, I was able to turn down the settings but seriously?

I am enjoying my Cross Play experience but I'll stick to keyboarding, thank you. I can hear just fine, no need to listen to my voice (or any potentially annoying or distracting background noise).
    • Like x 2
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Fixed that for you.
    • Like x 10
  5. Pults Loyal Player

Think of it this way, from a PC players point, how long do you have to play for something to be a norm? A year, two, maybe three? How long has the crossplay been live? A month. We're not used to mic noise, severe impatience, racial slurs and overall just foul language.

Also, personal insults is a no-go. Construct your opinion without going all out.
    • Like x 8
  6. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Look, from the standpoint of one of the relatively diplomatic PS players? I've been dealing with it for two or three years now.

I know it happens and I know it sucks. The last thing that I personally need - that any of us good PS players who come here to the forums, act like (reasonably) decent people and don't eat babies or shout non-stop racial epithets need - is to hear, constantly, and unendingly, about how playstation players are the absolute devils of the game.

You want to complain about finding yourself in the tenth ring in hell, DON'T complain to the devils who live there. Yes. We know. Trust me, we know. Intelligence is a rare commodity, that were it a Broker item would sell for the first 10 digit price I have ever seen. We are well aware of the fact that there are a ton of idiots on the server.

And since PC players are too, and they pretend on insisting that they're held to a higher standard, I expect them to be - and to be frank quite a few of them are. So in the spirit of that, I respect the ones I know personally in game now. Even some of the ones I might cheerfully ******* strangle, if I'd met them in a different manner. But what I'm not going to do is sit here with a smile while the entire player base I have a common ground with platform-wise is demonized, because although the playstation server has a lot of ******** on it? The good people are good in spite of the fact that this has been the norm for us. For years. And I'll be damned if someone who hasn't been there is going to pretend like they're somehow above it simply because it's different from what they used to know.
    • Like x 13
  7. VV Dedicated Player

Well, it's not a complaint. The entire point of this post is to stop prejudice or a soft attempt to stop it. It's a friendly advice ( often mistranslated to "U sux I rox" by the local folk ) . Also, your failure to realize that there is no latent message in the post rather inferring an off the topic but a relevant point yet still blathering about people complaining, has no purpose. You're free to choose any inferred ramification from this topic
    [IMG]

"Raid etiquette" that was what I wanted to talk about. I'd so love to be that guy who'd push over the PC supremacist vibes onto this post but not now, not today.
    From my point, all I could see is your insecurity. I've made friends from PS, they're really good. I still have to point out about raid etiquette. I had to.
    • Like x 1
  8. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

That's you... crossing yourself. Directly.

If you're really THAT honestly concerned about building community goodwill?

Stop. Apologize. Pick another course.

Right now, you're engaged in partisanship complaining. And that's all.
    • Like x 3
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Fixed that one too.
  10. VV Dedicated Player

Oh boy, you won't stop wouldja. " Almost everyone from PC has similar complaints " Again, are you trying to get an agreement on me being an *** trying to prove my dominance over players from another platform? Consider it true. I am trying to do that because I'd like you to :
    stop kicking randomly; stop leaving randomly; stop shoving random sounds into my ear canal.

Good enough for a dumbed down version? Since 5 paragraphs of stuff to make PS look bad were too much, I've made it into 3 tiny packs. (pssst insecurity)
    • Like x 5
  11. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Myeh myeh myeh - bud, insecurity doesn't state things concisely, insecurity continues restating the same thing over and over again using gifs and insisting that everyone else agrees with him.

So I'm convinced that you're talking about you now. Have fun with that.
  12. blacklisted87 Active Player

I think we ps players get a bad name a bit too much. Here's the real reason a lot of ps players are rude, disgusting, inconsiderate and flat out as*clowns. Console players in whole reach a much wider selection of people. PC players are a very specific gamer base. The real underlying fact about ps players is they reach an audience that has more socioeconomic hardships. I'm not trying to sound condescending by saying this, I'm just stating what I have been taught about anthropology at the most basic of levels. When you look at the standards and lifestyles of people from that walk of life you see what you all are talking about. One word sums it up, IGNORANCE. don't be so quick to write off the ps community. Just remember the gamer base and how large of a spectrum you are working within. From my experience, pugging is like using duct tape to make all of your repairs, sometimes it works the task at hand, but you can't rely on it for everything.
    • Like x 3
  13. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Omg that sound is annoying. I don't know how many people I tell that their smoke detector is beeping and they don't even know it till I call them out on it. Had one guy take his battery out and it kept beeping lol!
    • Like x 1
  14. VV Dedicated Player

You must be having a problem with grasping stuff...leave me alone and bug someone else sire.
  15. Pults Loyal Player

I think you're being counterproductive and just further inducing the problems OP originally stated.
    • Like x 5
  16. VV Dedicated Player

Further more insecurity about generalization. I've met a really lovely troll from PS, some PS carried my alt through T6, I ran feat runs with PS people last night. It's just pointing out etiquette. I feel you though ^^
  17. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I'm sure you're just siding with a person from your platform, i won't even bother on how sad that is.
    • Like x 2
  18. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

There are good people out there. But it's like finding a needle in a massive haystack.
    • Like x 1
  19. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Man I have been lucky. I have only run into one rude PS player. He was in a group of 7 PS players and I was the lone PC guy. He was just rude to everyone though and the group leader kicked him and stated "we don't need that kind of negativity".

The rest of the PS groups were great. I really enjoyed the stoner group. They were a trip. I actually enjoyed having voice chat on that morning.
    • Like x 2
  20. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

i've recently played with PC players and while they seem to be the more appreciative and well-mannered of the two platforms ... you guys tolerance level for certain things just sound like "whining".. smoke alarms, breathing, children crying, your social interactions are minimal if this is what gets you upset. But i will say the PS kicking will never go away i will say though i've maybe been kicked out of maybe 7-10x's raids in the past 4 years of DC (and ive pugged maybe 2000 raids over this time) and i can honestly say the reasons are often ridiculous .... i've witnessed people being kicked for just trying out a new dps power.... or for not healing how someone wants them to... or a troll for no reason at all... and this will never change ....but there is a volume control and a group text chat... simple fix, utilize them problem solved... this is why i use the PS Chat unless I feel we need my undivided attention when pugging
    • Like x 1