Rage Tanking: Loadout & Mods - Odyssey

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Cold Fuzion, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Lacedog Loyal Player

i would hit outrage at 6 oclock on the old cooldown and be fine, especially if i got the full combo off. just as a point of reference. the window in which you can cancel rage crash is very big.
  2. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

yeah I'm told outrage has a bigger window than Echain, I know I had to wait till 7oclock to prevent a crash before (now what you see above). I just hate the lunge on outrage as a tank :)
  3. Lacedog Loyal Player

yeah the lunge is bad, but if you are already right beside your target, youre not really lunging anywhere. i like having that larger window for obvious reasons, but i was looking at the other cancelers to compare. revenge seems similar, but to my naked eye outrage was still longer. either way, this is another reason i love rage, so many options.
  4. BigAl Devoted Player

Just started using Airburst. Haven't used it in a raid scenario yet. Planned on doing it today if possible. Wouldn't hurt to test it again. I usually only use the movement skills for pvp. Except for Low Pressure. Needed that for ice tanking. (Only had one pull and it was a cone. But you probably already knew that. ;))
    • Like x 1
  5. BigAl Devoted Player

Depends on how many enemies are nearby and what you rank on the hate chart. Outrage does some AE damage, so you may pull aggro from another tank if you are dual tanking.
  6. Lacedog Loyal Player

Sure. But so would any power. You can hit e. chain, single target pull, and you would gain aggro from anything around your target. That's why they introduced the new mechanic to rage blast, fireball, stone and snowball? I forgot the ice one. Those are the only four powers that will only taunt the one single target you are wanting to taunt.
  7. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Frost snipe, and yeah.
  8. Lacedog Loyal Player

thanks
  9. BigAl Devoted Player

I love Outrage, don't get me wrong. One of my favorite powers in the set (along with Bloodlust, cause it just looks cool as well). I use the Chain because it stops my lunging at random enemies (I use an Xbox controller, and target lock has NEVER worked right) and it adds a finisher if my enemies are low on HP.
    Used Airburst yesterday. Not in a raid, but during a few alerts. Worked nicely and gave me a few ticks of power back. So yeah, maybe give your old movement tricks another look? Lemme know if you do and how it works out. :)