PvP and the Stat Revamp

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Lithiumz, Jun 22, 2017.

1. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I thought we were calling regular instanced PvP "stat adjusted," rather than clamped, to differentiate it, since the stats can be adjusted up or down?
  2. Moja Developer

What makes Electricity so good at healing, do you think?

Consolidating feedback, we've got these general sentiments. Let me know if I missed anything:
    • Damage across the board is slightly too high
    • Shields are significantly too strong
    • Supercharges across the board are significantly too strong
    • Pets die too quickly
    • Weapon Taps feel too powerful relative to Holds
    • Some specific ability/weapon issues (e.g. Eviscerating Chain not Vulnerable to Interrupt like other executes)
    Any general issues I missed here? Is healing fine, besides differences between power sets, for example?
    Thanks for the feedback! Keep it coming!
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Same thing that makes one of the best heals in pve currently, burst is king because HoTs across the board are generally weak, and electric specializes in burst. With the high damage in PvP currently you don't want to rely on HoTs at all.
  4. ChillCat Loyal Player

Respectfully, I have to disagree with this entire approach. The revamp's form of balance is designed to give players using an assortment of powers, weapons and stance some semblance of balance in what they do. It's not perfect but it's closer than it's been in a long time. Therefore, PVP is out of whack for several reasons but wrt the revamp, it's out of whack because you're trying to shove revamp damage within the buff/clamp Arenas framework.

Trying to fix that imbalance by continuous knob turning that diverges PVP even further will only lead to more complexity and more brokenness that will need to be addressed again in 6 months or sooner. In my opinion, you're much better served by removing the stat clamp in Arenas completely (not the noob buff). Remove it and let the revamp configuration normalize so players can play to the best potential.

Yes, this will upset the proverbial apple cart. Yes, this will create a wider gap between those with high mods and high SP and those do not. I'm not oblivious to the potential consequences, but I believe this is where we need to go to get PVP back on the right track.

#RemoveTheCap
    • Like x 2
  5. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

ChillCat,

I am sorry to say man but you are very wrong. There are abilities one-shotting at this point. This is NOT okay. Clamps existed for a reason to prevent one shots. Do you really call one shots or spamming powers fun? That isn't skill.
  6. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

HoTs need to be made stronger.
    • Like x 1
  7. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

Time Bomb and Berserk have no damage cap. Without any cap, there will be one shots.

8. ChillCat Loyal Player

Powers are one shotting because you're capped to just over 7k health which is effectively the same amount of health you have on a lvl 20-ish new toon. Release the caps and your health goes up....a lot. Toughness innate in PVP gear is used to regulate the damage mitigation and everything else becomes a much more direct situation to manage. Tweaking the powers, damage and combos is blatantly trying to cure the disease by addressing the symptom. No bueno.
  9. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

Toughness was doubled a few times already and abilities are still one shotting. Increasing toughness at this point will make abilities that are suppose to do damage really do no damage at all. I don't understand your point. Many abilities are great for pve but not great for pvp. Every game has to balanced pve and pvp differently.
  10. ChillCat Loyal Player

Yes, I agree that some things have to be handled differently between PVP and PVE, but this approach is making artificial differences that make balance harder and more complicated to control; not better. PVP progression right now is all about the gear....and that's it. The gear is really the only true differentiation, so make everyone's life (devs and players alike) easier by isolating any changes to what the gear does and does not provide and let everything else out of the revamp to remain ubiquitous.
  11. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

No it's not. Certain abilities meant for PvE need caps. Period.
  12. ChillCat Loyal Player

Agree to disagree
  13. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

Please if you don't have something productive to do on this thread, move on. You aren't being productive except for starting arguments. This happens every time. Please get off my thread.
  14. ChillCat Loyal Player

If you don't want to hear opinions other than your own, maybe the forums are not for you. Just something to consider.
    • Like x 2
  15. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

This isn't an opinion thread. It's pointing out what is specifically wrong with PvP. Please stop trying to debate with me.
  16. ChillCat Loyal Player

I think you've missed the point. What you're concluding as "specifically wrong with PVP" and how to fix it is your opinion. Therefore, yes, this actually is an opinion thread.
  17. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

Superchages shouldn't be doing the damage that they are doing. Inflating health numbers makes it difficult to heal and increasing toughness too much make it's very difficult to do any damage. You do not think about the consequences of what you are asking for. If you really care to have unregulated stats, keep to open world.

This is what happens when you have "unregulated stats"

This isn't skill ChillCat. Nor should this be happening while in pvp gear.
  18. ChillCat Loyal Player

I understand and agree with your opinion on what should not happen. I simply disagree with how it should be fixed.
  19. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

Every game does this in order to achieve some what of a balance.
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

No. The clamps are there for a reason.

To the OP, I don't think there is any easy fix for pvp. There are those that do not pvp, but they have their view of how it should work, just as you or I have our views on how it should work. You also have old school and current day pvpers whose idea of pvp also differs. This is my conclusion as to why pvp has been left as is. No one can agree on the player side, which direction we should be going. Thus is why I wish a dev would just put his foot down and make a decision. Doing nothing for so long has left us with what we have, and the changes to the revamp, to me, are just making more of a mess. I think the original decision to leave pvp alone until after the revamp should have held true.