PvP and the Stat Revamp

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Lithiumz, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

No one can agree on anything, not just PvP. That's why we have so many revamps or overhauls. What we all do agree on (for the most part) is that PvP's a hot mess that needs to be sorted out, which im glad the devs will be addressing.

The list moja made looks fine though and if corrected could put pvp in at least a tolerable state until they're ready to focus on it (that's if they dont overnerf something).
    • Like x 2
  2. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

Yup
  3. ChillCat Loyal Player

The clamps are in place for multiple reasons, some of which are not legitimate or good. Fix the deeper problems and the clamps no longer become necessary.
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Well, I'll agree that the actual problems do need fixed. Until that happens, the clamps need to stay. I understand they were a quick fix. That's all we got for pvp, lol. Band-aids are holding it together. You can't just rip them off and hope for the best. The list Mojo has is a step in the right direction, but will not solve all issues. I believe, pvp will need the same type of revamp pve is getting before we can say it's balanced. From the videos I've seen on test of pvp, it's just ugly. There's almost no reason for a healer with one shots happening.
  5. Golden Spartan New Player

I do think clamps are a must. Otherwise stats go through the roof. Also, no pve mods should be working for pvp. This made pvpers leave the game in the past or limit their will to play. Let me set an example with my particular case: Sometimes i don´t have enough time to play, yet i love pvp (not legends, but arenas). So i have let´s say 1 hour or 2 to play. Now if i log in notice that to stay competitive i need to spend my 2 gaming hours doing pve that i do not enjoy, and so on, and so on for days or weeks to catch up and get the mods/ items i need so when finally i catch up i can use my time for pvp and then start all over again every DLC, respectfuly, No thanks.

There should be PVP specific mods, along with, if possible in the future, pvp specific items (role trinkets), etc.

On the damage, i posted a thread about weapon data, on what values the community overall agree that is balanced. As an example, right now taps in test are doing similar damage than in live, with the difference that in live server you have north of 27k HP. In numbers, your test taps are doing roughly 5% per tap. Thats A LOT. On the other hand, taps in live are doing less than 2%. On the most balanced aspect of the game, legends, the taps go from low .7% up to 1.6% max. WIth this defined values they could start balancing the stats, and further looking into game breaking powers like the ones posted here. No supercharge should 1 shot you, no weapon finisher should take 50% of your HP.

Also, if we just focus on damage - power use this will become a never ending circle. An eternal cat and mouse play. You DO NEED counters to each ability. Same way a bb counters a block and this a lunge and this a bb, you need this specific mechanics to keep the abilities in check. Thats why you need to reduce shields to around 50% and let trollers have more aggresive debuffs, so by requirement, this can make tanks viable again without breaking the game, and the damage regardless of the stats, will be balanced since they fall into a spectrum % rather than playing with raw damages trying to guess what is balanced or what not. (Made a long thread about this in testing -> pvp weapon data thread).
  6. Golden Spartan New Player

Chill sent me in our group chat this video, shows how rage been not interruptable + the problem with the block not mitigating damage properly just make it insanely OP. Specially in group situations.

7. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

Tank abilities such as Backdraft, Proton Remedy, and other tank healing powers are healing far too much. I have a video but it's like 3GB in size that kinda proves this. I literally was mindlessly blocking and throwing combos for about 15 minutes. Towards the end, I just held block and I was able to survive. It will be about an hour before it renders and uploads. So look for it.
  8. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

Fire simply heals too much in tank role for pvp. The same can go for Atomic. Proton remedy and the heals you get from comboing is literally way too much.
  9. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I can give you a breakdown on why Electricity and Celestial are king in Arenas on test.

Celestial is quite easy to bring down to acceptable levels.
    It lacks reliable burst duet insane power cost and crippling cooldowns on certain heals.
    These heals are Admonish Blight and Virtuous Light.
    However the bridge between the problems is Benediction, Deathmark cBlessing being nearly spamable and Blessing being available Every three deathmark combos.
    This enables Celestial to effectively mitigate copious amounts of damage while being able to regenerate power and safely burst people back to full health and lay hots while setting up a benediction cast to constantly give healing. Without shield rotation, Celestial will suffer. I suggest a Nerf down to 50% shield strength OR Instate a three tap break rule to prevent abuse.
    Celestial also has Consecrated Ground but that's motif it's trump card to mitigate damage in a pinch.
    Keep in mind all celestial has going for it is Shielding.

Electricity is the undisputed king because of its burst healing.
    Electricity can put out copious amounts of burst without much risk of power strain or even pressure because of cooldown sped and abilities scaling perfectly with stats.
    Electricity can put out 8342 burst healing only clipping two powers and using maybe a quarter of the power bar.
    That's single target only as well and that's not even including single target priority clipping and safety net healing from Bio Capacitor. It also has abusable mid ranged burst healing.

Now let's move to the others powers:

Nature

Because this power is mainly hots, this power already suffers a bit in the burst or bust meta.
    From what your posts about hots indicates to me is that you are cognizant that hots cumulatively heal more than burst heals but this means nothing because that is based upon duration.
    Burst is instant and big chunks at high speeds which is why hots continuously fall behind.
    Hots are also mitigation against fluff and flux damage.
    The only way Nature will perform well is if that pheromone mechanic increases per stack and if the burst healing on blossom is put back. It will also need a mid-range set up so I think Savage Growth needs a return to the healing scene.

Nature has also always been Bottom tier in PvP healing because of it having huge range but no real ability to utilize it.
    Powers like Electric and Sorcery have localized healing that is abusable but Nature doesn't have that in the least.
    This is why it had power back remained in the last set of PvP changes.
    Nature also has no real effective burst which is why it also struggles in PvP.
    I have a document if you want to see comparisons between Nature Electric and Sorc.
    Also this powerset has powercosts that are just as bad as Celestial.. another reason why it had retained power back.

Sorcery:
    This healing power is so weak I can't even name anything that's abusable or even holds a candle to the other powers.
    Watcher dies fast and can't help Sorcery healer split damage.
    The only thing this power has going for it is Boon of Souls, Ritualistic Word, and Rejuvenate.

Sorcery has a lot of potential to be a good healing power.
    It has a pet supercharge. It has localized burst that is clippable and isn't harsh on Power. It has a healing pet.
    It has a pet for mitigating damage.
    It has a good design for close quarter combat.
    That potential means nothing if it isn't put to good use.

Changes proposed:

Celestial:
    Reduce Cooldown on Admonish and Virtuous Light.
    Buff hot on Virtuous Light.

Nature:
    Give Nature a mid ranged burst.
    Increase healing on Blossom's leveraged heal.
    Increase healing on pheromones; let each stack get stronger like poisons do.

Sorcery:
    Give it the attention it deserves.
    Buff Shard of Life to match Virtuous Light's strength. Do not increase cooldown. If you increase the cooldown you defeat the purpose of buffing it.
    Buff Transmutation's healing.
    Buff Soul Bolt's healing and let the healing register even when it misses. Speed up the travel time immensely too.

Electricity:
    Electric is fine. This power is a standard that we are using to help Every other healer power.
    It only needs some changes to the erratic behavior of arc lightning and a cooldown reduction on Bio Capacitor to 12 seconds.

General:
    Increase pet survival. This will help sorcery healing.
    Decrease shielding down to 50%OR instate a three tap break rule in PvP ONLY.
    Decrease tank healing.

Controllers:
    Increase debuff duration and strength.
    • Like x 1
  10. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

What? Nature has ALWAYS been top tier except for now on Test*** and right before power back was added. Nature is actually the top healer atm. Nature CAN burst on live. Just not with stat revamp.
  11. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

In regards to combo powers not being interruptable in PvP, combo powers either need to use more power in pvp or the combo damage needs to be brought down.

;;;Credits to Innerbeast for the videos

Light:

Rage:

12. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

I am afraid to tell you this but legends is really broken as well.
    • No power regeneration
    • Taps more damage than holds in a lot of instances
    • Powers do not seem to do much damage or use too much power
    I am sure there is more. Legends is wrecked.
  13. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

Moja,

Healing barrels aren't building super charge anymore. Can you fix this?
  14. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

It should be so. Read old update notes.
  15. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

It isn't.
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

nah its good that way, chickens shouldnt be rewarded with more than healing & power .
  17. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Oh joy...looks like I have my work cut out for me today.
  18. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Never mind...testing Legends is pointless in the current shape it is in. The following 2 issues need to be fixed before any testing can commence:

There is zero power regeneration.
    Weapon Attacks (holds) are doing barely 100 damage in most cases.

However, I will say I am fine with how much damage powers are doing for the most part. Most powers I ran through on a few Legends are doing 250-300 damage while things like Stealth Attack are doing 650-700 damage. Being able to power spam people down in Legends has been a problem for a while now. Maybe the power damage could be brought up a tad but not to where it is on Live currently. Either way though those two issues above have to be addressed asap. They completely ruin Legends.
  19. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Not to what Talve has shown me in human form.
    And yes it is a top healer on live but not on test.
    Electric can still heal circles around Nature. Lol. I never thought I'd see the day TBH.

Nature was only top back then in Gorilla Form because of the niche use and how horribly bugged it was being immune to a 50% restoration cut and being immune to debuffs.
    That's about it. Other than that it was below Sorc and Electric in regular output.
  20. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Does this still stand for GU73?