Ps5 announced for holiday 2020! What are Daybreak's plans for dcuo?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TeflontheIcon, Oct 12, 2019.

1. myandria Item Storage

Heh..

The same situation happened when the game went to the PS4 and deprecated access on the PS3; there were as many doubts as there were hopes that the games would do well. The early adopters came to these forums and reported how the game ran much better on the PS4 than the PS3 and I saw this for myself when I purchased my PS4 and installed the game.

The Xbox release suffered a similar launch and has survived; I think the Switch server will survive as well. The main issue with the Switch is that it is on a separate server, just like the Xbox server is now. As you may know, Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo do not play nice with each other often, so there is little hope that the PS, Xbox and Nintendo servers would ever merge as the PS/PC servers are already merged.

Overall, this is a "wait and see" situation.
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If you’re that unhappy with the game just do yourself and the rest of the community a favor and uninstall the game.
    • Like x 1
  3. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

build it specifically for ps5, i dont think so just bc PS5 will have backwards compatability, no word on exactly which games but i suspect the big games with subs are to be expected, like the FF 14 or 15 which ever it is, i dont play it but also dcuo probably
  4. VNP New Player

Amusing coming from you.
  5. Toshknight Loyal Player

lots of brooding forehead, and negativity ,probably not, the game is drawing in a whole bunch of cash, and this game is great for both Sony / and dc/warner 's pockets, and it makes the players happy, the least that will happen is... PS4 players. that get a ps5 will be able to play the game on PS5 day one, cause of backwards compatibility, they have already said so for all ps4 titles. it will be as easy as going into the ps store and just downloading the game/installing it, and since they keep pumping content out, and as newer movies, / TV shows come out, more ideas and promo items will be released, they will probably do a PS5/Xbox series x upgrade, and hopefully the Xbox players can play with us. and that will be the final version of the game with nearly endless memory and asset room to add what ever the hell they want. so no forehead brooding and being negative. do some push ups or go on a run.
  6. Toshknight Loyal Player

i 100 % agree with you for once.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

A sign of the end of days.
    • Like x 1
  8. SkullGang Devoted Player

Playable natively on the PS5 (meaning boosted from PS4 spec). PS4 games will still run on the PS5 via backwards compatibility which means the PS5 will downlock itself to PS4 specs instead of running the PS4 game with PS5 specs. The games that were tested were at PS5 frequency which can causes issues for games that aren't built to handle the extra power.