Ps5 announced for holiday 2020! What are Daybreak's plans for dcuo?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TeflontheIcon, Oct 12, 2019.

1. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

I have watched a lot of vids on this and I could of swore I saw a clip of Dcuo in one of them. What are the devs plans? Will this be one of the games at launch? Will it be one of the backwards compatible games or a PS4/5 joined server? I can go on... But wanted to open up this line of discussion. "I so excite!"

As you where men.
  2. C3alix Committed Player

Most likely the same thing they did when the PS4 launched. They'll still share the server until Sony decides to pull the plug.

But i'm speculating DCUO is going to be one of cross-play games that'll work better on the PS5.
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Until the information changes otherwise, DCUO will be playable on the PS5 which is supposed to maintain backwards compatibility with PS4 games. Therefore there is nothing that needs to be done to prepare for the PS5.

As for the speculations, hopes and wishes that players have for some kind of magical graphical upgrade...you will find yourselves sorely disappointed and will have no one to blame but yourselves for it since Daybreak/DCUO has not at any point mentioned any major upgrades for the upcoming PS5.

This doesn't mean that there won't be any improvements or additions to the game...just that there are ZERO announced plans (currently) to upgrade the graphics beyond what they've done with NPCs, styles and other cosmetic additions. They will still continue fixing things and expanding on Quality of Life additions.

As for any other "plans", they won't give us any kind of roadmap anymore...too many things change at various points and that causes forumites to get up in arms whenever something announced doesn't come to pass. So they'll dole out info as things are close to dropping as they have been doing for the last few years.
    • Like x 5
  4. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

**** i have the ps4 since december 2017. AND i before that i played the game in pc for a while until my PC can't handle
  5. SkullGang Devoted Player

Zero. New hardware isn't the problem here.
  6. Has2besaid Committed Player

So you don't think they are working on dcuo 2 on the dl?
  7. FoolsFire Devoted Player

This is my theory on why there's so much reused content. Yes, it's wishful thinking.
  8. Lugo Well-Known Player

Something tells me this will never happen. Why should they have special plans for the PS5 or a DCUO2? You all seem happy with the devs just adding more of the same to this ugly, outdated game.

I feel like DC is in sort of a sweet spot where they've got a loyal but small base that'll pay for anything they push out unconditionally. It's as if they won't or maybe can't do anything big or expansive or any major overhauls when they can just put new makeup on Gotham or CC. Or a hundredth time capsule. Or new ways to buy your way through the game.

Maybe it won't attract and hold new players, but DC doesn't have to since the old players who are used to and enjoy the mediocrity will sustain the game for as long as it remains subpar. It's a nice spot where you get decent returns for minimal effort.

But then again I don't know the numbers, this is all speculation. I'm just going buy the dead low tier queues and the personal experience of everyone I've introduced the game to calling it ugly and deleting it within days.
    • Like x 1
  9. VNP New Player

Do you have a link on the video with DCUO on it? I have a theory they are gonna milk the game until the last second, then announce there won't be PS5 support. Very suspicious that on the same PS5 is announced, Wonderverse, but still no word whether or not PS5 would even support the game. This creates a lot of uncertainty with a x2 artifact weekend coming up in August to prelude the new DLC. Whether or not people should spend money or not, on a pay2win game, or on a pay2win game that will be shut down in several months.
  10. Solarbound Committed Player

Haha... lol
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

PS5 is backwards compatible and has already been confirmed that DCUO will be available for PS5.
  12. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

I don't see Daybreak doing anything special either, apart from some usually maintenance checks and updates. Since this game no longer needs the disk to install it, players can choose either version of the PS5(disk/digital or just digital) that suits their gaming style. As others have said before me, the PS5 is to be backwards compatible with PS4 games. This means that many players will hold onto their PS4 consoles until Daybreak decides to fully move the game over to the PS5 exclusively, as it did when it moved the game from the PS3 to the PS4. It would not make good business sense to try to force players into purchasing a new console so soon because of the hype train it is riding on.

It would not make sense to move the game to a new console if that console is backwards compatible and the game still runs well. I think that when the game starts to run slower, has more lag and becomes difficult to produce new content/cosmetic items on the PS4, the devs will be more willing to move the game to the PS5.
    • Like x 1
  13. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

After watching the ps5 reveal event and seeing those fire games I honestly think DCUO stands no chance in the new era
  14. VNP New Player

Can you link the proof that it has been confirmed? Also not all PS4 games will be available on PS5
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Which PS4 games will be unavailable?
  16. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I'm hoping for a cross save like feature. Even if it is just copy your character to the Xbox or switch servers and if there is a name conflict rename my character and give me a name change token. I'm likely going to switch to the series X at the begining of next gen and I'd like to keep my character that I've had since launch otherwise I'll likely hang my capwup for good .

I'm not sure of the logistics but I'd assume the biggest hurdle would be entitlements to account bound purchases. Honestly I have already collected everything I purchased in the marketplace and would accept not having access to them should I move a character over. If it wasn't for skill points and styles collect I wouldn't mind starting over as much.
  17. VNP New Player

In a post by eurogamer on the 12th June 2020, it states "Mike Cerny revealed that nearly all of the top 100 PS4 games (ranked by playtime) would be playable on the PS5 at launch." You still haven't given me any proof that it has been confirmed.
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Because I don't feel like Googling the interview. It was with someone from Sony at E3 or similar. And than there was Jack's recent interviews where he has plans for DCUO to be around for the next 10 years.

You haven't given me any proof that it's not going to be available for PS5.
    • Like x 2
  19. VNP New Player

I didn't say I had proof, you were the one trying to state facts. I was speculating due to the fact they haven't made an official posting on this subject with the PS5 coming in a few months; instead they reveal their new DLC.

EDIT: Found an article from Dualshockers, January 24th 2020, of an interview with the CEO, Jack Emmert. "We have the same size team devoted to DC Universe Online as we did last year. We’re not planning any cutback in our plans for the coming years. Heck, we’re hoping to grow the game and team!"
  20. VNP New Player

Take this with a grain of salt. This doesn't confirm PS5 compatibility. He could be disingenuous since DCUO Switch was released few months before, and it hasn't done well.